Do You Have Saving Faith?

Robert Pate

Banned
FAITH: 1. Confidence in or dependence on a person, statement or thing as trustworthy. 2. Belief without need of certain proof. 3. Belief in God or in the scriptures or other religious writings.

Saving faith is always faith in Christ and his Gospel. We are all born with the ability to have faith. When we are children we have faith in our parents, later we have faith in others. When we marry we have faith in our spouses. When we hear and believe the Gospel we have faith in Christ. Faith always has an object and is objective, unless you have faith in yourself. Saving faith is not faith in ourselves or in what we do, or in what we have become.

The only human attribute that God honors in the Bible is faith, mainly faith in Christ. The whole 11th chapter in Hebrews is dedicated to people in the Bible that had faith. "But without faith it is impossible to please him (God) for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is the rewarder of them that diligently seek him" Hebrews 11:6. To diligently seek God is to diligently seek Jesus Christ who is the image of God.

Saving faith is not faith in a doctrine or a religion. Doctrines and religions cannot save and are a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. Many have faith in things other than Christ and his Gospel, none of those things will save. The only thing that God will honor in the judgment is faith in Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

The Bible speaks of a group of people that were apparently trusting in their good works to save them. "Lord, Lord, have we not done many wonderful works in your name and then I will profess unto them, depart from me I never knew you" Matthew 7:21-23. They apparently had faith in their good works, but not in Christ. Works and obedience don't count for anything in the Bible. This is why Paul wrote, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. Faith counts for righteousness, not works or obedience.

Saving faith says, "Mine is Christ living, doing and dying. That wonderful sinless life that was lived in my name and on my behalf is my life". It is the only life that God accepts. "Mine is Christ's death" When Jesus died, I died with him, just like when Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ" Galatians 2:20. When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb, I walked out with him. I am now God's new creation in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17. Faith says, "I am now perfect and complete in Jesus Christ" Colossians 2:10.

There is no room in your faith for religion. Faith in a religion will not save you. The only thing that God will honor in the judgment is faith in the work and the person of his Son Jesus Christ. If God does not see you as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ you will perish. The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the righteousness of Jesus Christ, This is why Paul wrote, "That I might be found in him (Christ) not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Truster

What does the scripture say?

"For by grace (God's goodness) are you saved through faith; and not that of yourselves: it is THE GIFT OF GOD. Not of works, lest any man should boast" Ephesians 2:8, 9.

It does not say what you think it says.