Do Jews talk about Jesus?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I talk about Jesus and I have identified as Jewish. Recently I came across something on a Jewish website that expressed that we don't talk about Jesus. Maybe Yeshua? I do not believe that is what was being said or stated.

What is your experience talking with Jews? Do they talk about Jesus or not?

What I admire in Judaism includes the rich heritage in the traditions where we observe the feasts and the holy days, as well as observing kosher and other like things such as wearing tzitzit (not required of Gentiles) etc....

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you heard of Jews for Jesus? Obviously some Jews talk about Jesus. My question pertains to a website that I use for Torah study that has said that we do not talk about Jesus. The website is www.chabad.org. I enjoy my Torah studies still.

Robert Pate

Banned
I talk about Jesus and I have identified as Jewish. Recently I came across something on a Jewish website that expressed that we don't talk about Jesus. Maybe Yeshua? I do not believe that is what was being said or stated.

What is your experience talking with Jews? Do they talk about Jesus or not?

What I admire in Judaism includes the rich heritage in the traditions where we observe the feasts and the holy days, as well as observing kosher and other like things such as wearing tzitzit (not required of Gentiles) etc....

Your Jewish religion is your Jesus. The Jewish religion has been abolished, Matthew 27:51 also Romans 7:4-6.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God did not cut the Jews off. They cut themselves off.

Not what the Bible says.

Salvation always has been and always will be by grace through faith, If you don't have faith in Jesus and his Gospel you are lost.

:blabla:

That doesn't answer my question

Robert, will the Jews be grafted back in again? Or are they cut off forever?

Robert Pate

Banned
Not what the Bible says.

:blabla:

That doesn't answer my question

Robert, will the Jews be grafted back in again? Or are they cut off forever?

God is just, merciful and righteous, he does not cut anyone off. When the Jews accept Christ as their savior they will be saved. Someday the Jews may accept Christ as their savior, but who knows when or if ever.

Danoh

God did not cut the Jews off. They cut themselves off...

Yep.

As in...

Jeremiah 44:8 In that ye provoke me unto wrath with the works of your hands, burning incense unto other gods in the land of Egypt, whither ye be gone to dwell, that ye might cut yourselves off, and that ye might be a curse and a reproach among all the nations of the earth?

Or in...

Acts 13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

And so on...

At the same time, there is this...

Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

And this...

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

And so on...

For "...even the very hairs of your head are all numbered...Luke 12:7.

Acts 17:11,12.

Danoh

God is just, merciful and righteous, he does not cut anyone off...

Nope.

As in...

Jeremiah 44:10 They are not humbled even unto this day, neither have they feared, nor walked in my law, nor in my statutes, that I set before you and before your fathers. 44:11 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will set my face against you for evil, and to cut off all Judah.

And so on...

Acts 17:11, 12.

Danoh

There are always two sides to a thing and people choosing one or the other in the extreme.

And there is also a middle between the two.

And only approaching things from a middle allows seeing both sides with clarity.

Simple concept, often violated.

Thus, the often resulting two extremes.

Danoh

Have you heard of Jews for Jesus? Obviously some Jews talk about Jesus. My question pertains to a website that I use for Torah study that has said that we do not talk about Jesus. The website is www.chabad.org. I enjoy my Torah studies still.

Paul describes the latter of those two in the following...

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

In this, Jacob, you're better off drinking from the well of Christ Believing Messianics, than those whose blinded minds prove their minds are blinded by their "we do not talk of Jesus."

But you know you, you're stubborn, determined to have your way on these issues, even as you keep returning to TOL to repeatedly voice concern over the unbelief you encounter in those whom you turn to Torah for.

That is...just nuts.

For...

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20.

And the witness of said Law and said Prophets concerning those Jews who "don't talk about Jesus" is...

John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

"For...even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart."

Proverbs 3:5, Jacob, Proverbs 3:5.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God is just, merciful and righteous, he does not cut anyone off. When the Jews accept Christ as their savior they will be saved. Someday the Jews may accept Christ as their savior, but who knows when or if ever.
So, as a people, God is finished with Israel?

Robert Pate

Banned
So, as a people, God is finished with Israel?

Jesus is not the savior of just the Jews. He is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

"For WHOSOEVER that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus is not the savior of just the Jews. He is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

"For WHOSOEVER that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.
That doesn't answer my question, Robert.

Is God done with Israel as a people? As in, He has no special plans for them as a people?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Parable of the Absent Landlord

33“Hear another parable. There was a householder who planted a vineyard, and set a hedge around it, and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and let it out to tenants, and went into another country. 34When the season of fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the tenants, to get his fruit; 35and the tenants took his servants and beat one, killed another, and stoned another. 36Again he sent other servants, more than the first; and they did the same to them. 37Afterward he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' 38But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him and have his inheritance.' 39And they took him and cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. 40When therefore the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?”
41They said to him, “He will put those wretches to a miserable death, and let out the vineyard to other tenants who will give him the fruits in their seasons.” 16When they heard this, they said, “God forbid!”
42Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the scriptures: 'The very stone which the builders rejected has become the head of the corner; this was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes'? 43Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing the fruits of it. 44And he who falls on this stone, while he is thereby broken in pieces, will be saved; but when it falls on anyone, it will crush him.”

45When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he was speaking about them.a 46But when they tried to arrest him, they feared the multitudes, because they held him to be a prophet.

The Jews were un-chosen.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your Jewish religion is your Jesus. The Jewish religion has been abolished, Matthew 27:51 also Romans 7:4-6.

Interesting. Jewish religion is not Jesus. You say that Jewish religion has been abolished. Also, you refer to the oldness of the letter.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope, no special plan for Israel. We are now all one in Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 10:17.
So, then, Paul was wrong?

Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.”Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. - Romans 11:22-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans11:22-29&version=NKJV

Danoh

Parable of the Absent Landlord

33“Hear another parable. There was a householder who planted a vineyard, and set a hedge around it, and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and let it out to tenants, and went into another country. 34When the season of fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the tenants, to get his fruit; 35and the tenants took his servants and beat one, killed another, and stoned another. 36Again he sent other servants, more than the first; and they did the same to them. 37Afterward he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' 38But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him and have his inheritance.' 39And they took him and cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. 40When therefore the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?”
41They said to him, “He will put those wretches to a miserable death, and let out the vineyard to other tenants who will give him the fruits in their seasons.” 16When they heard this, they said, “God forbid!”
42Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the scriptures: 'The very stone which the builders rejected has become the head of the corner; this was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes'? 43Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing the fruits of it. 44And he who falls on this stone, while he is thereby broken in pieces, will be saved; but when it falls on anyone, it will crush him.”

45When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he was speaking about them.a 46But when they tried to arrest him, they feared the multitudes, because they held him to be a prophet.

The Jews were un-chosen.

Nope.

He was referring to those tenant's in Moses' seat - Israel's spiritual LEADERSHIP - the chief priests and the Pharisees of verses 45 & 46 that you posted but failed to see.

Here they are described as such, again...

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Earlier, He had already described who it was - within Israel - who will one day replace Israel's corrupt spiritual leadership as to their role over Israel...

Matthew 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

That is who this refers to...

Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

But that may not fit your tradition.

Have at it.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Jews were un-chosen. They finally rejected their calling and broke the covenant. The light went West to more humble people who were willing to be lead by God.

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'

The Jews are just a political group anyway. The Hebrew priest class created a national fiction out of their past when editing and rewriting their vastly exaggerated history in Babylon.