Dispensationalism 101

Right Divider

Body part
@fzappa13 We can continue this particular topic here.

The word translated from the Greek as dispensation is accorded this definition in the Strong's concordance:
3622. oikonomia oy-kon-om-ee'-ah from 3623; administration (of a household or estate); specially, a (religious) "economy":--dispensation, stewardship.
Yes, I'm very familiar with this Greek word. Anti-dispensationalists are all too quick to want to "Greek" the "problem".
Said another way it's an office that carries with it the authority and responsibility to see to it's accomplishment. Paul was so charged and it is this of which he spoke.
So far, so good.
It is not indicative of period of time by definition but can be said to be in that it covers that period of time that one can avail themselves of the gift of grace through faith.
I don't define a dispensation as a period of time (though it does, generally, cover one).
That is one of the many dispensations, sure. Today, God is freely giving salvation by His grace to the world through faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross. I'm still not seeing any problem.
That limited time offer ends at the return of Christ It appears that this word has taken on a much broader definition as the result of its usage in conjunction with Dispensationalist doctrine.
"It appears"... please explain.

Do you have a problem with the fact that God deals with different people at different times in different ways? That, again, is the basis of dispensational doctrine. It shouldn't be controversial and yet "it appears" that way. Why do you suppose that is?

fzappa13

While I would be happy to hold forth on the subject of Dispensationalism I am not an adherent of said doctrine and, if I understand what I read of Knight's sticky correctly, I fear I would at some point run afoul of it here and that is not my intent. Perhaps discussing the subject in a less constrictive sub forum would be the better way to go provided that vitriol and rudeness be kept to a minimum.

Right Divider

Body part
While I would be happy to hold forth on the subject of Dispensationalism I am not an adherent of said doctrine and, if I understand what I read of Knight's sticky correctly, I fear I would at some point run afoul of it here and that is not my intent. Perhaps discussing the subject in a less constrictive sub forum would be the better way to go provided that vitriol and rudeness be kept to a minimum.
So you cannot reply to the OP without getting yourself in trouble?

Right Divider

Body part
@fzappa13 Is this the part that scares you?

The MidActs Dispensationalism Forum is a PRO-dispensationalism theology forum. In other words this forum is intended to primarily discuss dispensationalism from the perspective that it is the correct biblical view. That does not mean that the view cannot be questioned or debated, instead it simply means this forum will not be a place for those that disagree to grandstand or monopolize the forum or mock the position that this forum represents.
Go ahead and question it.

In particular, I'd like your answer to this question:
Do you have a problem with the fact that God deals with different people at different times in different ways?​

fzappa13

@fzappa13 Is this the part that scares you?

Go ahead and question it.

In particular, I'd like your answer to this question:
Do you have a problem with the fact that God deals with different people at different times in different ways?​
Your trying to bait me into to saying something in an inappropriate forum so that your friend has the necessary excuse to ban me. I'm not taking the bait. Have a nice night.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Move this query to the Religion forum and I will comply with your request..

As RD quoted:

The MidActs Dispensationalism Forum is a PRO-dispensationalism theology forum. In other words this forum is intended to primarily discuss dispensationalism from the perspective that it is the correct biblical view. That does not mean that the view cannot be questioned or debated, instead it simply means this forum will not be a place for those that disagree to grandstand or monopolize the forum or mock the position that this forum represents.

As long as you aren't disrespectful or grandstand or monopolize the forum or mock the position that this forum represents, you'll be fine.

We don't ban people for disagreeing. We ban them for breaking the rules. Don't break the rules, and you won't get banned.

If you think you are incapable of doing that, then why are you even here on TOL to begin with?

fzappa13

" this forum is intended to primarily discuss dispensationalism from the perspective that it is the correct biblical view."

I'm not there so I shouldn't be here. bye

Right Divider

Body part
" this forum is intended to primarily discuss dispensationalism from the perspective that it is the correct biblical view."

You don't have to agree with the position to discuss it.

It seems like you just want a "way out" of answering a simple question.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Again, you're allowed to disagree.

This IS the correct subforum to discuss this topic. If you want to discuss it, you SHOULD be here.

Right Divider

Body part
That God deals with different people at different times in different ways is one of the most obvious things in the Bible. Sometimes, God deals with the same people in different ways at different times. This is 100% percent obvious and true.

Take Adam for example. At one time, God put Adam into the garden to dress it and keep it. Later, God kicked this same Adam to out of the garden.

Gen 2:15 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:15) And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Gen 3:23-24 (AKJV/PCE)​
(3:23) Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. (3:24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.​

Same God and two different dealings with Adam.

Another absolutely obvious feature of the Bible is God's progressive revelation. God reveals things over time. This is why Paul can make statements like these:

Rom 16:25 (AKJV/PCE)​
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
Eph 3:9 (AKJV/PCE)​
(3:9) And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:​