Dispensation

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
DISPENSATION OF THE TIMES
(SPIRITUAL LAWS OF THAT TIME PERIOD)

Eph 1:3-14
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth-- in Him.
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Eph 3:1-5
1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles--
2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,
3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,
4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:
Acts 17:29
29 "Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising.
(NKJ)
2 Pet 1:4
4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(NKJ)
2 Pet 1:2-3
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,
3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,
(NKJ)

xxx Dispensation is the spiritual laws dispenced for a specific time period. And for us in christianity it is to find the Holy Spirit and submit to Him.
In the beginning some of the dispensations-Gen 2-17,Gen 4-7, Gen 27-8, John 15-14.

Rom 8:1-2

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I said
Ok I just have to ask. Why are you in a religious website? You don't even claim to be a Christian.
Wrong squeaky, I post tons of scripture but not on your threads. You only read YOUR threads anyway, you know nothing about me. Study my signature to know where I stand

Danoh

Wrong squeaky, I post tons of scripture but not on your threads. You only read YOUR threads anyway, you know nothing about me. Study my signature to know where I stand

:thumb:

Reminds me of a sermon I once heard; the title of which was Standing in the Understanding of Your Stand...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Interplanner

DISPENSATION OF THE TIMES
(SPIRITUAL LAWS OF THAT TIME PERIOD)

Eph 1:3-14
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth-- in Him.
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Eph 3:1-5
1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles--
2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,
3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already,
4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),
5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets:
Acts 17:29
29 "Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising.
(NKJ)
2 Pet 1:4
4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(NKJ)
2 Pet 1:2-3
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,
3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,
(NKJ)

xxx Dispensation is the spiritual laws dispenced for a specific time period. And for us in christianity it is to find the Holy Spirit and submit to Him.
In the beginning some of the dispensations-Gen 2-17,Gen 4-7, Gen 27-8, John 15-14.

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Except that is not the attention of the NT. Instead it is on how much is in common with all believers of the past, even of those who were under the Law, which was a child-trainer to bring us (Israel and those looking on at it) to Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Except that is not the attention of the NT. Instead it is on how much is in common with all believers of the past, even of those who were under the Law, which was a child-trainer to bring us (Israel and those looking on at it) to Christ.

I said
Are you talking about tradition?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What did any of us "do" to be saved? Hmmm.

I said
Nothing to be saved. But you better do a lot if you want salvation.

Jude 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
(NKJ)

Phil 2:12-13
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

Interplanner

I said
I'm still confused about your point. What is your point?

The attention by the NT is not to what differed in various ages but on what was the same. Your OP says they were about the dispensing of laws. 2nd, it is concerned with what Judaism misunderstood as found in 3:17. Judaism replaced the Promise with Law. God did not mean such replacing. He meant that the Law would force a person to Christ, says the end of ch 3 and beginning of 4--the child sitter.

Jerry Shugart

Dispensation is the spiritual laws dispenced for a specific time period. And for us in christianity it is to find the Holy Spirit and submit to Him.

No, the present dispensation is a "stewardship" and in all dispensations there are stewards to carry out the responsibilities of that stewardship. Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).

In Bibliotheca Sacra, a journal published by Dallas Theological Seminary, Roy L. Aldrich quotes these three verses (Eph.3:2; Col.1:25; 1 Cor.9:17) and then says, "These passages use the word 'dispensation' (or 'stewardship') to describe the sacred commission or trust to preach the gospel" [emphasis added] (Aldrich, "A New Look at Dispensationalism," Bibliotheca Sacra, January-March, 1963, Vol.120, Number 477, p.43).

There can be no doubt whatsoever that the event which marks the beginning of the "dispensation of grace" is the preaching of the "gospel of grace." And Paul was the first to preach that gospel so it is impossible that the present dispensation began before he was converted.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
you said
No, the present dispensation is a "stewardship" and in all dispensations there are stewards to carry out the responsibilities of that stewardship. Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

I said
I just took it one step deeper. Who is the only guaranteed steward of the new testament.

John 15:26-27
26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
27 "And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Interplanner

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you" (Eph. 3:2).

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).

In Bibliotheca Sacra, a journal published by Dallas Theological Seminary, Roy L. Aldrich quotes these three verses (Eph.3:2; Col.1:25; 1 Cor.9:17) and then says, "These passages use the word 'dispensation' (or 'stewardship') to describe the sacred commission or trust to preach the gospel" [emphasis added] (Aldrich, "A New Look at Dispensationalism," Bibliotheca Sacra, January-March, 1963, Vol.120, Number 477, p.43).

There can be no doubt whatsoever that the event which marks the beginning of the "dispensation of grace" is the preaching of the "gospel of grace." And Paul was the first to preach that gospel so it is impossible that the present dispensation began before he was converted.

It's full of doubt JS. I'll put my money on Lk 4, thanks. This is the acceptable year of the Lord, the day of favor. You are trying to run a system at the Bible and make it work.

Jerry Shugart

you said

I said
I just took it one step deeper. Who is the only guaranteed steward of the new testament.

The fact of the matter is that Christians in the present dispensation are referred to as stewards.

Jerry Shugart

It's full of doubt JS. I'll put my money on Lk 4, thanks. This is the acceptable year of the Lord, the day of favor. You are trying to run a system at the Bible and make it work.

So you do not believe Paul's words when he speaks specifically about a dispensation which has been given to him?

It's funny how you can just ignore his words and it becomes obvious that the things which you doubt are Paul's words where he specifically speaks about the dispensation which has been given to him.