Did God Call You? Or Did You Call Yourself?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Permission To Be A Christian

Rom 9:24
24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Phil 1:27-30
27 Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel,
28 and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.
29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,
30 having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.
John 6:65
65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
John 5:26-27
26 "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
27 "and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.
John 6:44-46
44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 "It is written in the prophets, 'And they shall all be taught by God.' Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.
46 "Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father.
John 5:37
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
Eph 4:4
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
Rom 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Mat 15:13
13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

Truster

July 17th 1999 at 10:30am I was saved. I didn't ask nor want to be saved, but I was saved, I am saved and will be saved.

I have made my calling and election sure.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
July 17th 1999 at 10:30am I was saved. I didn't ask nor want to be saved, but I was saved, I am saved and will be saved.

I have made my calling and election sure.

I said
Your missing the most important point. Saved is not salvation. Your only saved so that you can work out your own salvation.

Phil 2:12-13
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your missing the most important point. Saved is not salvation. Your only saved so that you can work out your own salvation.

Phil 2:12-13
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

Now watch how he replies this comment. He is not pleased.