Deluge vs Uniformitarian "Building"

Interplanner

I followed Baumgartner a lot when writing DELUGE OF SUSPICIONS which is at Amazon. I heard him again recently, and the global deluge position is stronger than ever. Chew on this one: the granite finish of Ayers Rock are 'sharp and irregular' rather than polished, which means it was recent. We are used to seeing the above-surface location in pictures. However, it is the tip of a J shaped piece which runs for miles under the surface, and which violently formed. Add that to the wide acceptance that all of central Australia was recent sedimentary deposit, and you have to have an global event that has hydrological forces great enough to do that kind of relocation, there and all over, as is the case.

There are secular catastrophists such as Ager who is very honest about recentness and morphology even though he says he will never admit to a global deluge. We'll see. If it walks like a duck...

The recent material by Baumgartner was about granite slabs in the mantle, oriented all sorts of crazy positions and the lack of sediment deposit on them--meaning recently positioned.

An amazing quote by Antonio Scarzoni is: 'unfortunately pastors have disserved the word of God by trying to explain the flood in terms of rain and defending that. It may be that most Christians are completely unable to express the magnititude of the violence and disruptiveness of the deluge.' (my paraphrase).

I contrast all this to uniformitarian 'building' which seems to be the current way secular science handles the explanation of the current surface forms of earth, for ex., "Building North America" this past year. It's pretty badly done. U'ism is mindless of the evidences of recentness and of morphology.

marke

I followed Baumgartner a lot when writing DELUGE OF SUSPICIONS which is at Amazon. I heard him again recently, and the global deluge position is stronger than ever. Chew on this one: the granite finish of Ayers Rock are 'sharp and irregular' rather than polished, which means it was recent. We are used to seeing the above-surface location in pictures. However, it is the tip of a J shaped piece which runs for miles under the surface, and which violently formed. Add that to the wide acceptance that all of central Australia was recent sedimentary deposit, and you have to have an global event that has hydrological forces great enough to do that kind of relocation, there and all over, as is the case.

There are secular catastrophists such as Ager who is very honest about recentness and morphology even though he says he will never admit to a global deluge. We'll see. If it walks like a duck...

The recent material by Baumgartner was about granite slabs in the mantle, oriented all sorts of crazy positions and the lack of sediment deposit on them--meaning recently positioned.

An amazing quote by Antonio Scarzoni is: 'unfortunately pastors have disserved the word of God by trying to explain the flood in terms of rain and defending that. It may be that most Christians are completely unable to express the magnititude of the violence and disruptiveness of the deluge.' (my paraphrase).

I contrast all this to uniformitarian 'building' which seems to be the current way secular science handles the explanation of the current surface forms of earth, for ex., "Building North America" this past year. It's pretty badly done. U'ism is mindless of the evidences of recentness and of morphology.

Good post. Secularists claim the land/sea fossil beds were all formed by shallow seas and not a massive flood. That is ridiculous. Shallow seas cannot form fossils like that and are not forming fossils like that today anywhere in the world.

Jose Fly

Yeah, the same Baumgardner who admitted...

These observations all point to the need to remove large amounts of heat from extensive bodies of rock in the earth in order to account for the geological change proposed for the Flood. It is the author’s conclusion that this cannot happen within the framework of time-invariant physics. Therefore, an important clue as to the nature of the change that occurred seems to be that it involved a decrease in thermal energy throughout the planet.

IOW, it doesn't work without lots of miracles. Oh well, that's why it's religion rather than science.