Dead to the Law !

beloved57

Rom 7:4

4 [FONT=&quot]Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Its no doubt to whom Paul is writing to here, brethren or believers, not unbelievers or the world in general. According to Paul here how did these brethren become dead to the law, and what does that mean, to be dead to the law ?[/FONT]

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Delivered From The Law

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
John 10:7-9
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Heb 7:18-19
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(NKJ)

XXX The Holy Spirit is who delivers us from the old testament law.

Eph 4:21
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(NKJ)

Acts 21:21
21 "but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs.
(NKJ)

Gal 3:10-12
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."
11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
(NKJ)

Nanja

Rom 7:4

4 [FONT="]Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Its no doubt to whom Paul is writing to here, brethren or believers, not unbelievers or the world in general. According to Paul here how did these brethren become dead to the law, and what does that mean, to be dead to the law ?[/FONT]

#1 How did these brethren become dead to the Law ?

All for whom Christ died, His Sheep John 10:11, 15, or His Body the Church Eph. 5:25 became dead to the Law by that fact alone, His Death !

#2 What does it mean to be dead to the law ?

So all those Christ died for, even though born into this world as sinners, they are dead to the law; that is, the law of God cannot charge them with any sins against God !

1 Cor. 15:56-57

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, even though these sinners Christ died for walk according to the course of this world Eph. 2:2-3 they are dead to the law: God cant charge them for any transgression because they were imputed to Christ !

And Paul continues:

Rom. 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

beloved57

#1 How did these brethren become dead to the Law ?

All for whom Christ died, His Sheep John 10:11, 15, or His Body the Church Eph. 5:25 became dead to the Law by that fact alone, His Death !

#2 What does it mean to be dead to the law ?

So all those Christ died for, even though born into this world as sinners, they are dead to the law; that is, the law of God cannot charge them with any sins against God !

1 Cor. 15:56-57

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Yes, even though these sinners Christ died for walk according to the course of this world Eph. 2:2-3 they are dead to the law: God cant charge them for any transgression because they were imputed to Christ !

And Paul continues:

Rom. 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
I knew you would come correct my Sister! God bless you.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

beloved57

Those Christ died for, before they are ever born into this world as sinners, enemies, and unbelievers, because of Christs death for them, satisfying the Justice of God against their iniquities, all their sins against Gods law, can no longer be charged against them, so they are consequently dead to the laws curse and merited condemnation that condemns and damns them.

Nanja

Those Christ died for, before they are ever born into this world as sinners, enemies, and unbelievers, because of Christs death for them, satisfying the Justice of God against their iniquities, all their sins against Gods law, can no longer be charged against them, so they are consequently dead to the laws curse and merited condemnation that condemns and damns them.

A Blessed Truth indeed ! For Christ the Chief Shepherd 1 Pet. 5:4, on behalf of God's Elect or Sheep, in the Mind and Purpose of God was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world 1 Pet. 1:20; Rev. 13:8b. Therefore those Chosen in union with Christ Eph. 1:4 of the Father are never under condemnation Rom. 8:1a , dead to the Law, because they were already reconciled to God by Christ's Blood Rom. 5:9-10, and declared to be dead to the Law by the Body of Christ Rom. 7:4 before the world began.

beloved57

Those who are dead to the law by the body of Christ [His death] are dead to the legal condemnation that their sins bring, as they do transgress Gods law as sinners, but being dead to the law through Christ they cannot and will not ever come into condemnation Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us[Gods elect].

Nanja

Those who are dead to the law by the body of Christ [His death] are dead to the legal condemnation that their sins bring, as they do transgress Gods law as sinners, but being dead to the law through Christ they cannot and will not ever come into condemnation Rom 8:33-34

[FONT=&]33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us[Gods elect].[/FONT]

Amen Brother, all God's elect Chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4, were already dead to the law Rom. 7:4 because of Christ's Death for them; Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6; even while being born sinners in time were declared legally Justified Rom. 8:1. And Christ's Intercession on Our behalf saves Us to the uttermost Heb. 7:25; Is. 53:12 !

beloved57

nanja

And Christ's Intercession on Our behalf saves Us to the uttermost Heb. 7:25; Is. 53:12 !

Excellent point. This may also be indicated when Paul writes the already reconciled by Christ death even when enemies, promises they shall be saved by His Life Rom 5:10 meaning His present intercession for them ensures their salvation from being Gods enemies in the flesh and ensures their conversion unto the truth.

Nanja

nanja

Excellent point. This may also be indicated when Paul writes the already reconciled by Christ death even when enemies, promises they shall be saved by His Life Rom 5:10 meaning His present intercession for them ensures their salvation from being Gods enemies in the flesh and ensures their conversion unto the truth.

TY and Amen ! His intercession ensures the Holy Spirit saving these reconciled ones experimentally Titus 3:5; 2 Thes. 2:13.

Nanja

Exactly, Thank you and of course Thank God when two agree in Truth !

Amen !

Always Thanking God for you and your fellowship in the Truth and like precious Faith 2 Pet. 1:1!

Phil. 1:4-6

4* Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5* For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; *6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: