Christ seeked that which was Lost !

beloved57

Lk 15:1-6

Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

The sheep that the Shepherd or the Man who owns the lost Sheep, is responsible to go out to seek that Sheep which is lost, until He finds it !

The Lost Sheep contributed nothing to its being found, because it was lost. Even the repentance of the lost Sheep is the result and effect of the Man or Shepherd responsible for finding the Lost Sheep, notice Lk 15:5-7

5And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

You see, the lost sheeps repenting was conditioned on and effected by the successful finding of it by the Shepherd, who triumps over His own success in finding the lost sheep, notice Vs 6

And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Those who repent from a Lost state, its because Christ has given them repentance as their Saviour Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

You see, Christ was never ones Saviour if He didn't give that one repentance, He never went out to seek that one until He found it !

Nanja

Lk 15:1-6

Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

The sheep that the Shepherd or the Man who owns the lost Sheep, is responsible to go out to seek that Sheep which is lost, until He finds it !

The Lost Sheep contributed nothing to its being found, because it was lost. Even the repentance of the lost Sheep is the result and effect of the Man or Shepherd responsible for finding the Lost Sheep, notice Lk 15:5-7

5And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

7I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

You see, the lost sheeps repenting was conditioned on and effected by the successful finding of it by the Shepherd, who triumps over His own success in finding the lost sheep, notice Vs 6

And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Those who repent from a Lost state, its because Christ has given them repentance as their Saviour Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

You see, Christ was never ones Saviour if He didn't give that one repentance, He never went out to seek that one until He found it !

Amen, the Sheep that the Shepherd owns have been given to Him by His Father, and they were always His Sheep even while they were being in a Lost state, and before He gave them repentance. Also, they never did seek after their Shepherd, but the Shepherd sought after every one of them, He apprehended [lay hold] of 100% of them Phil. 3:12. ☺

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Amen, the Sheep that the Shepherd owns have been given to Him by His Father, and they were always His Sheep even while they were being in a Lost state, and before He gave them repentance. Also, they never did seek after their Shepherd, but the Shepherd sought after every one of them, He apprehended [lay hold] of 100% of them Phil. 3:12. ☺
rabbit trail