Christ is the Author of Eternal Salvation, not man !

beloved57

I read many times religious people quoting Heb 5:9

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

However its without fail, they refer to this verse to give credit to man doing something that effected his eternal salvation, his obeying. But that is a big mistake, it tends to bring glory to man ! The real truth here though is that Christ effects Eternal Salvation for those He died for, which is evidenced by their obedience. Obeying Christ is the fruit of His effecting and being the author of ones eternal salvation, whereas the religious man inverses the order !

The word author
aitios means:

the cause of

So hence, Christ through His being made perfect through Sufferings, caused the eternal salvation, to who ? It cant be just a blanket statement ! No, its to them obeying Him, thats the fruit of His causing their eternal salvation !

Last edited:

Nanja

[FONT="]And being made perfect,[B] he became [U]the author[/U] of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

[/B]However its without fail, they refer to this verse to give credit to man doing something that effected his eternal salvation, his obeying. But that is a big mistake, it tends to bring glory to man ! [COLOR="#006400"]The real truth here though is that Christ effects Eternal Salvation for those He died for, which is evidenced by their obedience. Obeying Christ is the fruit of His effecting and being the author of ones eternal salvation
, whereas the religious man inverses the order !

The word author [/FONT][/COLOR] aitios mrans:

the cause of

So hence, Christ through His being made perfect through Sufferings, caused the eternal salvation, to who ? It cant be just a blanket statement ! No, it to them obeying Him, thats the fruit of His causing their eternal salvation !

So True, because all men by nature, are children of disobedience Eph. 2:2-3,
of themselves they can't obey God anyway Rom. 8:8-9.

It was Christ's Obedience Rom. 5:19 on behalf of all His Sheep He died for John 10:15 that causes them to be obedient,
and this is evidenced by Him giving them His Spirit in New Birth; proof of His Work in them Phil. 2:13; Ezk. 36:26-27.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

~~

beloved57

So True, because all men by nature, are children of disobedience Eph. 2:2-3,
of themselves they can't obey God anyway Rom. 8:8-9.

It was Christ's Obedience Rom. 5:19 on behalf of all His Sheep He died for John 10:15 that causes them to be obedient,
and this is evidenced by Him giving them His Spirit in New Birth; proof of His Work in them Phil. 2:13; Ezk. 36:26-27.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

~~

Good post. However I would not say that the elect are the children of disbodence,though by nature we are disobedient. I believe actual children of disobedience are the vessels of wrath being fitted for destruction. What do you think?

Nanja

Good post. However I would not say that the elect are the children of disbodence,though by nature we are disobedient. I believe actual children of disobedience are the vessels of wrath being fitted for destruction. What do you think?

I think I flubbed up ☺

TY so much for that correction, Brother, and I totally agree.

What I meant to convey is that we were by nature children of wrath as others, because I know that in God's sight were already made Righteous by Christ's Obedience on our behalf. His Mercy was always was upon us Rom. 9:23 even from Everlasting Ps. 103:17. Unlike the vessels of destruction, He prepared us, His Vessels of Mercy for Eternal Glory!

Always thanking God for you and your fellowship and instruction in His Truth!

~~

beloved57

I think I flubbed up ☺

TY so much for that correction, Brother, and I totally agree.

What I meant to convey is that we were by nature children of wrath as others, because I know that in God's sight were already made Righteous by Christ's Obedience on our behalf. His Mercy was always was upon us Rom. 9:23 even from Everlasting Ps. 103:17. Unlike the vessels of destruction, He prepared us, His Vessels of Mercy for Eternal Glory!

Always thanking God for you and your fellowship and instruction in His Truth!

~~

Bless you my Sister.

Nanja

Jesus provides salvation, but it is not your if you don't receive it. John 1:12.

You're in error. That's preaching salvation by works a person does which is totally contrary to the scriptures.

Salvation is by Grace, not of works Eph. 2:8-9, and was given exclusively to all God's Elect Eph. 1:3-4 before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9!

Also, the scripture is very clear that those who Believe on His Name have been Born of God:

John 1:12-13
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So the ones that received Him, were them that Believed on His Name, as evidence that they were Born of God, for Faith / Believing in Christ is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven John 3:27.

~~

beloved57

Another scripture that the religious man abuses in order deify man in salvation, but the scripture shows the effects of Christ finished work, and that is Acts 5:32

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

​The natural religion of man thinks that God gives the Holy Spirit conditionally upon the obedience of man ! But thats a lie, man by nature cant begin to obey God, his mind is enmity against God Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The carnal mind by it not being subject to the law of God, it cant be subject to God period. That word subject, is the greek word
hupotassó and means:

I place under, subject to; mid, pass: I submit, put myself into subjection.

to subject oneself, to obey

Men by nature cant obey God ! So what Peter is saying here in the text, those obeying, give evidence of having been given the Spirit from God.

Obedience is the result of the sanctification of the Spirit 1 Pet 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedienceand sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

So Peter is saying in Acts 5:32 what he says here in 1 Pet 1:2 ! Obedience to God in Christ is the fruit of them sending the Spirit into their hearts !

Nanja

Another scripture that the religious man abuses in order deify man in salvation, but the scripture shows the effects of Christ finished work, and that is Acts 5:32

[FONT=&]And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him[/FONT].

​The natural religion of man thinks that God gives the Holy Spirit conditionally upon the obedience of man ! But thats a lie, man by nature cant begin to obey God, his mind is enmity against God Rom 8:7

[FONT=&]Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The carnal mind by it not being subject to the law of God, it cant be subject to God period. That word subject, is the greek word [/FONT]
hupotassó and means:

I place under, subject to; mid, pass: I submit, put myself into subjection.

to subject oneself, to obey

Men by nature cant obey God ! So what Peter is saying here in the text, those obeying, give evidence of having been given the Spirit from God.

Obedience is the result of the sanctification of the Spirit 1 Pet 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedienceand sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

So Peter is saying in Acts 5:32 what he says here in 1 Pet 1:2 ! Obedience to God in Christ is the fruit of them sending the Spirit into their hearts !

Yes, Christ is the Author of Salvation for all His Body chosen in Him, and given Purpose and Grace in Him before the world began. Everyone of them shall in time be given a New Heart and a New Spirit Ez.36:26-27 when they are born from above John 3:7. It's only them that shall be obeying God in Christ Rom. 5:19; 1 Cor. 1:30.

beloved57

Yes, Christ is the Author of Salvation for all His Body chosen in Him, and given Purpose and Grace in Him before the world began. Everyone of them shall in time be given a New Heart and a New Spirit Ez.36:26-27 when they are born from above John 3:7. It's only them that shall be obeying God in Christ Rom. 5:19; 1 Cor. 1:30.

Exactly !

Robert Pate

Banned

[FONT=&]And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

However its without fail, they refer to this verse to give credit to man doing something that effected his eternal salvation, his obeying. But that is a big mistake, it tends to bring glory to man ! The real truth here though is that Christ effects Eternal Salvation for those He died for, which is evidenced by their obedience. Obeying Christ is the fruit of His effecting and being the author of ones eternal salvation, whereas the religious man inverses the order !

The word author [/FONT]
aitios means:

the cause of

So hence, Christ through His being made perfect through Sufferings, caused the eternal salvation, to who ? It cant be just a blanket statement ! No, its to them obeying Him, thats the fruit of His causing their eternal salvation !

You are constantly refuting what the Bible says. The scripture plainly says "All that obey him" This means all that obey his Gospel.

"But God be thanked, that you were the servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered unto you, (which was the Gospel) Romans 6:17.

Instead of obeying the Gospel, you have obeyed the words of a heretic

beloved57

You are constantly refuting what the Bible says. The scripture plainly says "All that obey him" This means all that obey his Gospel.

"But God be thanked, that you were the servants of sin, but you have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered unto you, (which was the Gospel) Romans 6:17.

Instead of obeying the Gospel, you have obeyed the words of a heretic

I knew you would step up and give man credit for salvation over and above Christ! You worship man for salvation. But dont worry, you have plenty of folk holding hands with you on that !

Robert Pate

Banned
You're in error. That's preaching salvation by works a person does which is totally contrary to the scriptures.

Salvation is by Grace, not of works Eph. 2:8-9, and was given exclusively to all God's Elect Eph. 1:3-4 before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9!

Also, the scripture is very clear that those who Believe on His Name have been Born of God:

John 1:12-13
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

So the ones that received Him, were them that Believed on His Name, as evidence that they were Born of God, for Faith / Believing in Christ is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven John 3:27.

~~

No one is born of God without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2, also 1 Peter 1:23.

Since you and B57 do not believe the Gospel, neither one of you has been born again.

beloved57

No one is born of God without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2, also 1 Peter 1:23.

Since you and B57 do not believe the Gospel, neither one of you has been born again.

One must be of God to hear Gods words. Jn 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

beloved57

Right, outside of New Birth, a person is spiritually lost and dead.

Yes. The natural man can naturally hear the word of God, thats not what Jesus means, however he cant hear spiritually, Faith cometh by hearing Rom 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. This hearing however is an spiritual hearing. Its the greek word akoé and means:

hearing, faculty of hearing, ear; report, rumor.

properly, hearing; used of inner (spiritual) hearing that goes with receiving faith from God (Ro 10:17), i.e. spiritual hearing (discerning God's voice;

Without this spiritual hearing ear faculty, man cannot hear Gods Words as Jesus says here Jn 8:43

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

The word hear means :

I hear, listen, comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported.

In other words, though naturally man may hear the word of God, he lacks the ability to comprehend it spiritually !

Comprehend means to:

to understand the nature or meaning of; grasp with the mind; perceive: to take in or embrace

Thats what Paul means in 1 Cor 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

That word know means he, the natural man cannot know and understand the things of the Spirit of God, which the Gospel is !