Can you or do you obey God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Any help on how to answer the following not very good possible objection to obeying God?

"I can’t obey (Him) because I don’t have the Spirit of God dwelling in me, or I’m not sure that I do."

I believe I have wrestled with this.

I believe it is possible to obey God. I believe those who have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them are saved. I believe a person can obey God by the Holy Spirit. I don't know that there is any other way. But is it possible that, because it is possible to obey God's commands, anyone (and therefore everyone) can obey God's commands?

Zeke

Any help on how to answer the following not very good possible objection to obeying God?

"I can’t obey (Him) because I don’t have the Spirit of God dwelling in me, or I’m not sure that I do."

I believe I have wrestled with this.

I believe it is possible to obey God. I believe those who have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them are saved. I believe a person can obey God by the Holy Spirit. I don't know that there is any other way. But is it possible that, because it is possible to obey God's commands, anyone (and therefore everyone) can obey God's commands?

Religious implanted mother goose milk and cookie tales Galatians 4:1-2, you are the Christ Seed/promise Philippians 2:5-8 that fell to earth/body to experience duality and the effects that we learn to overcome Colossians 2:9 through awakening to who we are Galatians 4:24-28.

genuineoriginal

I believe a person can obey God by the Holy Spirit. I don't know that there is any other way. But is it possible that, because it is possible to obey God's commands, anyone (and therefore everyone) can obey God's commands?
Have you looked at this passage?

Deuteronomy 30:10-14
10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Have you looked at this passage?

Deuteronomy 30:10-14
10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
Yes.

genuineoriginal

I don't know. God's commands are accessible and can be obeyed.

I think the passage says that it is not as hard to obey God's commands as most people think.

This was spoken to the children of Israel who clearly were not indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

Deuteronomy 29:2-4
2 And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the Lord did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land;
3 The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles:
4 Yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think the passage says that it is not as hard to obey God's commands as most people think.

This was spoken to the children of Israel who clearly were not indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

Deuteronomy 29:2-4
2 And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the Lord did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land;
3 The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles:
4 Yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.​

Did the Spirit of God ever dwell in any believer before Christ?

Salvation: Scriptures about the Holy Spirit

genuineoriginal

Did the Spirit of God ever dwell in any believer before Christ?
Yes.
The first recorded person is Joseph.

Genesis 41:38
38 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?​

Many Christians try to claim that there is a difference between the Holy Spirit in the New Testament and the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament.
They point to the words used and say that the Holy Spirit only came upon (outside) a person in the Old Testament but the Holy Spirit is within (inside) a person in the New Testament.

This is an error. The statement "came upon" refers to the outer display of the Holy Spirit when He enters a person.
This happens in both the Old Testament and the New Testament:

1 Samuel 10:10
10 And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.​

Acts 19:6
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.​

Most Christians will reject what I just showed, since it contradicts what they learned in their denomination.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

38 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?​

Many Christians try to claim that there is a difference between the Holy Spirit in the New Testament and the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament.
They point to the words used and say that the Holy Spirit only came upon (outside) a person in the Old Testament but the Holy Spirit is within (inside) a person in the New Testament.

This is an error. The statement "came upon" refers to the outer display of the Holy Spirit when He enters a person.

10 And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.​

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.​

Most Christians will reject what I just showed, since it contradicts what they learned in their denomination.
Can you explain post 7 to me? Your second sentence... I'm having trouble knowing how to read it.

Are you saying some of the children of Israel or all?

genuineoriginal

Can you explain post 7 to me? Your second sentence... I'm having trouble knowing how to read it.

Are you saying some of the children of Israel or all?
The passage I quoted about "the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it" comes at the end of the speech that began with the passage I quoted that said "the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear".

To me, this indicates that even though the children of Israel were not given the ability to comprehend commandments, they still had the ability to obey the commandments.

The speech applied to everyone that heard it and also said it applied to all the descendants that come afterwards. (Deuteronomy 29:14-15)

Deuteronomy 29:29
29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.​

What was revealed were the commandments so the children of Israel and their descendants could obey them.

Now, if the children of Israel were told that they have the ability to obey the commandments even after being told that they do not have the ability to comprehend them, it seems like the easy part is obeying God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The passage I quoted about "the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it" comes at the end of the speech that began with the passage I quoted that said "the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear".

To me, this indicates that even though the children of Israel were not given the ability to comprehend commandments, they still had the ability to obey the commandments.

The speech applied to everyone that heard it and also said it applied to all the descendants that come afterwards. (Deuteronomy 29:14-15)

Deuteronomy 29:29
29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.​

What was revealed were the commandments so the children of Israel and their descendants could obey them.

Now, if the children of Israel were told that they have the ability to obey the commandments even after being told that they do not have the ability to comprehend them, it seems like the easy part is obeying God.
What are the things revealed?

Deuteronomy 29:29 NASB - 29 "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

genuineoriginal

What are the things revealed?

Deuteronomy 29:29 NASB - 29 "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

The commandments, as shown by the last 10 words of the verse.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

Amen, you are blessed.