Brotherly love and final judgement.

Truster

He also accepts the intention to do good, even if the action is not performed. The desire is equivalent to the deed.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mt 25:40
"The King will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"

The context of Mt 25:40 is prophecy for Israel at Christ's second coming when He takes His seat on the throne of David to judge the nations that have survived the great tribulation.
This is not the final 'white throne' judgement but one of several judgements.
Those of the nations that have blessed Christ's brethren, the surviving, believing remnant of Israel, will enter Christ's earthly kingdom.... the kingdom of heaven. This is the fulfillment of Joel's prophecy:

Joe 3:1* For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,*
Joe 3:2* I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.*

The sheep on Jesus right are those who loved 'these brothers of mine'.

Yep!

Jesus recognises the Christians good deeds done to their fellow Christians.

The non Christians think their charitable deeds should get them accepted but Jesus totally rejects them.

Nope, not the context of those verses.

There is food for thought in Jesus words!

Indeed!

BoyStan

Mt 25:31-33 gives the context of final judgement by Jesus in his glory!; nothing to do with Israel as a separate nation or people. How do you explain Mt25:34?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mt 25:31-33 gives the context of final judgement by Jesus in his glory!; nothing to do with Israel as a separate nation or people. How do you explain Mt25:34?

Suit yourself.

Just looking to see where you're at.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If we love only Christians, we will not be accepted by Jesus.

Too late, already accepted in the beloved.

Eph 1:6

Law works to obtain. Impossible. Never enough.

Grace received as a gift, done deal by faith.

God's Truth

He also accepts the intention to do good, even if the action is not performed. The desire is equivalent to the deed.

Do you not say anything true?

Tell us why the thieving tax collectors and the prostitutes were entering heaven before them?

Tell us why the son with the good intentions is the wrong answer.

Matthew 21:30 Then the man went to the second son and told him the same thing. ‘I will, sir,’ he said. But he did not go. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” “The first,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God before you. 32For John came to you in a righteous way and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.