Dark Matter

BANNED
Banned
What does this verse mean to you?

18921726_260643204414596_7411522843022832739_n.jpg

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I see Genesis 2:7 and Romans 8:16. It's John 19:13 and Acts 2:14-21 that I would like to know more about how you see them connect to Job.
Shalom.

I am a Jew. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah.

If you begin with Romans 8:16, you may want to know the difference between your spirit and the Spirit of God. And, yet, the Spirit of God was present before the coming of Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ. Though I believe that the Spirit of God dwells in believers by faith.

Shalom.

Jacob

Dark Matter

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I am a Jew. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah.

If you begin with Romans 8:16, you may want to know the difference between your spirit and the Spirit of God. And, yet, the Spirit of God was present before the coming of Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ. Though I believe that the Spirit of God dwells in believers by faith.

Shalom.

Jacob

This is completely clear. Your first response was clear, but this makes it much easier to understand what you are sharing. Good Input.

glorydaz

What does this verse mean to you?

18921726_260643204414596_7411522843022832739_n.jpg

That isn't speaking of the "breath of life".

It's speaking of the spirit in man, and it's through man's spirit that he is able to communicate with the Spirit of God.

Job 32:8
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Dark Matter

BANNED
Banned
That isn't speaking of the "breath of life".

It's speaking of the spirit in man, and it's through man's spirit that he is able to communicate with the Spirit of God.

Job 32:8
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

I will confess that I desired to open this discussion up. The fact that you have given the KJV rendering as a counter perspective is very fair, but the NKJV actually had more manuscripts available and a more accurate collaboration of scholars.

Also, we have more verses that coincide with the Job 32:8 use of breath. I haven't given my view and I don't intend to. The verse remains a valid verse to broach this topic with.

Your citation of the KJV use doesn't negate the word breath.

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Gen. 2:7 then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

Psalm 33:6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host.

There are many more verses that could be cited, but in no way have you provided an /thread

glorydaz

I will confess that I desired to open this discussion up. The fact that you have given the KJV rendering as a counter perspective is very fair, but the NKJV actually had more manuscripts available and a more accurate collaboration of scholars.

Also, we have more verses that coincide with the Job 32:8 use of breath. I haven't given my view and I don't intend to. The verse remains a valid verse to broach this topic with.

Your citation of the KJV use doesn't negate the word breath.

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Gen. 2:7 then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

Psalm 33:6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host.

There are many more verses that could be cited, but in no way have you provided an /thread

I was merely pointing out the "breath of life" is in all flesh....even animals. So it doesn't fit the verse in Job, does it? That verse is speaking of the "spirit of man". Romans 8:16 explains your verse in Job.

Genesis 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Genesis 7:15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

oatmeal

I was merely pointing out the "breath of life" is in all flesh....even animals. So it doesn't fit the verse in Job, does it? That verse is speaking of the "spirit of man". Romans 8:16 explains your verse in Job.

Genesis 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Genesis 7:15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

I couldn't agree more.