Blood upon the altar makes atonement for your soul - Leviticus 17:11

beameup

The LAW
And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD, a ram without blemish out of the flock, with thy estimation, for a trespass offering, unto the priest: and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the LORD: and it shall be forgiven him for any thing of all that he hath done in trespassing therein. - Leviticus 6:6-7

‘For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’ - Leviticus 17:11

daqq

The LAW
And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD, a ram without blemish out of the flock, with thy estimation, for a trespass offering, unto the priest: and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the LORD: and it shall be forgiven him for any thing of all that he hath done in trespassing therein. - Leviticus 6:6-7

‘For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’ - Leviticus 17:11

The ram must be equal in value to the thing in which the person trespassed:

Leviticus 6:5 (Lev 6:6) Septuagint Brenton Translation
5 And he shall bring to the Lord for his trespass, a ram of the flock, without blemish, of value to the amount of the thing in which he trespassed.

How is that possible and what does it mean???
What of the person stole a Dodge Ram? :chuckle:

daqq

Context folks. Context.

What I said may have contained a little jesting but it was not out of context if one understands the meaning. The point was that if you actually had flocks and herds you could not simply go out to your fields and find one of your rams worth the value of something stolen, lied about, kept from a neighbor, and so on, unless the meaning does not really concern literal physical rams, lambs, and goats. Pay back what you tried to steal or keep, add the fifth part to it in restitution, repent, and offer up the prayer, (ram), worthy of true repentance for what you did in trespassing against both your neighbor and your heavenly Father, (see also, 2Samuel 12:1-23).

granpa

The LAW

whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eats any manner of blood;
I will even set my face against that soul that eats blood, and will excommunicate him from among his people.
I have given to you the soma of wine of the soul [which] is upon the altar-of-atonement of your souls: for the wine of the soul (Holy Spirit) atones.
Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourns among you eat blood.
—Leviticus 17:10-12

beameup

whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eats any manner of blood;
I will even set my face against that soul that eats blood, and will excommunicate him from among his people.
I have given to you the soma of wine of the soul [which] is upon the altar-of-atonement of your souls: for the wine of the soul (Holy Spirit) atones.
Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourns among you eat blood.
—Leviticus 17:10-12

Leviticus 17:11 doesn't need "context", it stands alone.

granpa

And almost all things are by the Law purged with alcohol;
and without shedding of alcohol is no remission of sin.
Hebrews 9:22

granpa

And almost all things are by the Law purged with blood;
and without shedding of blood is no remission of sin.

The original word was a juice. The tone indicated what kind of juice. Eventually tones dropped out of the language.

beameup

The original word was a juice. The tone indicated what kind of juice. Eventually tones dropped out of the language.

αἷμα [haîma] = blood
αἱματεκχυσία [haimatekchysía] = shedding of blood

the Koine Greek is clear

granpa

αἷμα [haîma] = blood
αἱματεκχυσία [haimatekchysía] = shedding of blood

the Koine Greek is clear

as I just explain to you the original word could either mean juice or blood depending on the tone. When the tones dropped out of the language the word became ambiguous.

beameup

as I just explain to you the original word could either mean juice or blood depending on the tone. When the tones dropped out of the language the word became ambiguous.

Tone? there is no "tone" in Koine Greek. That's nonsense. :nono:

Hebrew: דָּם [dâm] = blood
And he [God] said, What hast thou done?
the voice of thy brother's blood דָּם crieth
unto me from the ground.
- Genesis 4:10