Billy Graham's son leaves Republican party (?)

lighthouse99

I'm not sure that's a good thing to do. I sometimes want to leave myself for the same reasons Graham left: so called Rs passing that omnibus bill that included funding for Planned Parenthood (Murder Incorporated).

Ted Cruz voted against it

Rubio did not even show up to vote.

Ted Cruz is that lone voice, crying in the wilderness. Real people love him, liars and liberals (Congress) hate him.

Isn't there a way to reform the R party? :(

:confused:

Greg Jennings

I'm not sure that's a good thing to do. I sometimes want to leave myself for the same reasons Graham left: so called Rs passing that omnibus bill that included funding for Planned Parenthood (Murder Incorporated).

Ted Cruz is that lone voice, crying in the wilderness. Real people love him, liars and liberals (Congress) hate him.

I think you're freaking out over a very minor thing. Most people do grow up to be members of the same political party as those who raised them, but many also switch. It's not a knock on the party they left, it's just that they feel they identify with the other party more.

There is a Fox News personality named Juan Williams who has two sons. He's a proud Democrat, yet his two sons are registered Republicans. It's not the end of the world

lighthouse99

I think you're freaking out over a very minor thing. Most people do grow up to be members of the same political party as those who raised them, but many also switch. It's not a knock on the party they left, it's just that they feel they identify with the other party more.

There is a Fox News personality named Juan Williams who has two sons. He's a proud Democrat, yet his two sons are registered Republicans. It's not the end of the world

um, yeah, apparently you didn't watch the news story on this AND don't know Graham

Franklin Graham has NOT joined the D party. He is now an Independent

i know as sure as i sit here that he will NOT be voting for Clinton. My guess is he will vote for Ted Cruz

:)

Greg Jennings

um, yeah, apparently you didn't watch the news story on this AND don't know Graham

Franklin Graham has NOT joined the D party. He is now an Independent
Well, yeah. Not many people just straight up switch to the opposite party. They have an independent period first. That doesn't mean he'll end up there, though. I was just trying to illustrate that this a common thing and nothing to get upset about

i know as sure as i sit here that he will NOT be voting for Clinton. My guess is he will vote for Ted Cruz

:)
We can only hope

Greg Jennings

Why? Why not just let it die and start over?

Because one party systems don't work very well. Neither do multi-party systems (as in 3+). If you let one of our two major parties die, even just temporarily, it could throw our politics into a whole new level of chaos

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Ted Cruz voted against it...

When I read about Graham leaving the Republican Party a couple of days ago I thought that he should at least wait until the next election. If things don't change (with a Ted Cruz Presidency and a staunch conservative Congress), then that would be the time.

shagster01

Because one party systems don't work very well. Neither do multi-party systems (as in 3+). If you let one of our two major parties die, even just temporarily, it could throw our politics into a whole new level of chaos

Were you under the impression that this two party system was working good?

Also, neither of these two parties represent me, so I'm not sure how allowing them to keep running the country is something I should be interested in.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Instead of "crying in the wilderness," Ted Cruz has chosen to remain silent while standing next to a candidate on stage who has said all manner of things that don't represent American values - Paul Ryan's words, not mine.

Possible reasons for Cruz's silence are
- to become "the Donald's" future vice president selection
- he's afraid that Trump will challenge his right to run for president as a "natural-born citizen"
- he's positioning himself to pickup the Trumpeter's supporters hoping that he self-destructs!

Greg Jennings

Were you under the impression that this two party system was working good?
Good? No. But it's the best option that exists. If you don't trust me on that, do your own research. It won't take you long to find that one party systems and multi-party systems just don't function at all, for the most part. Spain, for a recent example

Also, neither of these two parties represent me, so I'm not sure how allowing them to keep running the country is something I should be interested in.
Im with you here. Ideally, I'd like a 0 party system where everyone runs on their own personal platform. But the reason that doesn't exist is that it's hard for anyone to get a foothold in politics without a lot of money for campaigning. The Democratic and Republican parties provide funds for this. Unfortunately that does lead to candidate control by both parties, but it's a case of "the lesser of two evils"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Elect Ted Gomez

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
..Also, neither of these two parties represent me, so I'm not sure how allowing them to keep running the country is something I should be interested in.

...Im with you here. Ideally, I'd like a 0 party system where everyone runs on their own personal platform. But the reason that doesn't exist is that it's hard for anyone to get a foothold in politics without a lot of money for campaigning. The Democratic and Republican parties provide funds for this. Unfortunately that does lead to candidate control by both parties, but it's a case of "the lesser of two evils"

You boyz have had the political party that represents anarchy since the early 70's. I don't know about you Greg, but the shagster has been a devout lemming follower for sometime now.

LIBERTARIAN PARTY PLATFORM
http://www.lp.org/platform

Zeke

They all have governed mentalist ID's, so until they give Caesars Mark back to Caesars their still made in the worlds image. And have no relevance concerning Spiritual things because they serve two masters, The Christian name is bloated out by the legal surname that belongs to the Crown Corp of this world.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wouldn't consider myself a libertarian, but I do hold a lot of the same values. However on some issues I couldn't disagree more.

The LP Party Platform had shagster hook line and sinker when he read about them wanting to legalize all recreational drugs. I would imagine that you're of that mentality as well.

lighthouse99

They all have governed mentalist ID's, so until they give Caesars Mark back to Caesars their still made in the worlds image. And have no relevance concerning Spiritual things because they serve two masters, The Christian name is bloated out by the legal surname that belongs to the Crown Corp of this world.

i have absolutely no idea what this is supposed to mean