'And they saw the God of Israel' - Exodus 24

beameup

Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel [to Sinai]: and they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he [God of Israel] laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink. - Exodus 24:9-11
The God of Israel has a visible body with feet. :think:
They even had a meal "at His feet" (reality, not some "vision"). :BRAVO:

PS: however, it is forbidden to make any image of God!!!

Danoh

Consider that you may have missed the obvious twice.

The phrase "as it were."

Missing such keys leads to oversimplification (taking a thing TOO literally).

And taking a thing TOO literally results in errors of all sorts.

Note how that in the following; actual faces are not what is being referred to...

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Just as this is not referring to an actual face...

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.

Same thing - they saw His glory not Him.

They saw as it were the body of heaven in His CLEARNESS.

Which is this...

Psalms 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Psalms 97:6 The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory.

Clearly = see through or invisible...

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

And on it goes..

chair

Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel [to Sinai]: and they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he [God of Israel] laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink. - Exodus 24:9-11
The God of Israel has a visible body with feet. :think:
They even had a meal "at His feet" (reality, not some "vision"). :BRAVO:

PS: however, it is forbidden to make any image of God!!!

The Bible in inconsistent on this point, as in other cases it says that nobody ever saw God. Even Moses was reported only to have seen the back of God after he passed.

You may interpret this differently, and see it as a clear reference to Zeus, or perhaps the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

beameup

You may interpret this differently, and see it as a clear reference to Zeus, or perhaps the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
It says "the God of Israel". Do you think that Moses is referring to a spaghetti monster? Like, maybe they sat at God's feet and ate spaghetti and drank wine? :kookoo:
Actually, I'm preparing a post that refers to the god of orthodox Judaism as "Loki" , as that is the way he is presented among orthodox types.

chair

It says "the God of Israel". Do you think that Moses is referring to a spaghetti monster? Like, maybe they sat at God's feet and ate spaghetti and drank wine? :kookoo:
Actually, I'm preparing a post that refers to the god of orthodox Judaism as "Loki" , as that is the way he is presented among orthodox types.

It would make as much sense to say the the God of Israel is the Flying Spaghetti Monster as it is to say He is a dead 1st century AD Jew.

beameup

It would make as much sense to say the the God of Israel is the Flying Spaghetti Monster as it is to say He is a dead 1st century AD Jew.

Well, the "god" of orthodox Judaism is a trickster and a tempter and aloof,
and "creates evil", just like "Loki" of the pagan Vikings.

So, I take it that you do not believe in the resurrection.
So, when you die, you just turn to dust? Yes, I forgot, atheism
is perfectly OK for a Jew to remain a Jew.

:mock:
hqdefault.jpg

chair

Well, the "god" of orthodox Judaism is a trickster and a tempter and aloof,
and "creates evil", just like "Loki" of the pagan Vikings.

So, I take it that you do not believe in the resurrection.
So, when you die, you just turn to dust? Yes, I forgot, atheism
is perfectly OK for a Jew to remain a Jew.

:mock:
[:

Beameup,

What exactly is your problem with Jews? Why not just leave us alone? Why does our existence bother you so?
Were you once a Jew yourself? Were you raped by a Rabbi? Did a Jew embarrass you when you were in second grade?

beameup

Talmudic Judaism makes absolutely no sense. It is totally a "man-made" belief system that has nothing to do with the Mosaic belief system contained in the Torah.

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: - Job 19:25-26