"An Intellectual Code of Conduct"

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ

Excerpt

"
When facing a challenging or rude opponent in an argument (whether in person or on the web), it’s all too easy to let anger, pride, and bad logic rule our conversation. But intellectual sloth, credulity, prejudice, and especially dishonesty bring dishonor to Christ in the eyes of skeptics.

By contrast, God is honored when His people demonstrate such disciplines as study, reflection, discernment, and honesty (Acts 17:11; Romans 12:2; 1 Corinthians 14:29; Colossians 2:8; 1 Thessalonians 5:21). The ability to handle others’ arguments (especially intellectual opponents’) with fairness and integrity is an intellectual virtue and a core principle of sound reasoning. This “intellectual golden rule,” or “principle of charity,” calls for treating others’ arguments with the same degree of care and detail as we expect to be shown toward our own.
"

Not bad, food for thought, seems germane for TOL, including for moi

Skeeter

Banned
Yes, this is excellent. I fully endorse it. I hope all TOLers will follow suit.

Last edited:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Yes, this is excellent. I fully endorse it. I hope all TOLers will follow suit.
Acts 13:50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts. 51 But they shook off the dust of their feet against them

Here, Paul follows Christ's teaching in the Gospels toward His disciples, who went about preaching. When they encountered people who wouldn't receive them, they were commanded to shake off the dust of their feet against them.