After the Order of Melchizedek

Ben Masada

The whole motif about Melchizedek originated in the proverb "After the Order of Melchizedek." If you read Psalm 110:4, the Lord has sworn and will not repent; you are a priest forever "After the order of Melchizedek." David was not from the Tribe of Levi wherefrom priests were made after the Order of Aaron. Since the Lord had sworn to make of David a priest forever, a proverb had been formed because he could not be after the order of Aaron. Hence, after the order of Melchizedek but only to distinguish his priesthood from the Order of Aaron. Hence, after the order of Melchizedek. Absolutely nothing to do with the pagan priest of the Canaanites who just happened to be called Melchizedek.

Why King David would be a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek if he died? Because he was only the type pointing to the archetype in his People of Judah that would be to the Lord a kingdom of priests and a Holy nation. (Exod. 19:6) So, what the Lord really sworn was that in David, his Tribe of Judah would be a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. David died alright but Judah has remained as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:36)

Bottom line is that, "After the Order of Melchizedek" was only a proverb to distinguish from after the order of Aaron which was what the Tribe of David could not be.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

The whole motif about Melchizedek originated in the proverb "After the Order of Melchizedek." If you read Psalm 110:4, the Lord has sworn and will not repent; you are a priest forever "After the order of Melchizedek." David was not from the Tribe of Levi wherefrom priests were made after the Order of Aaron. Since the Lord had sworn to make of David a priest forever, a proverb had been formed because he could not be after the order of Aaron. Hence, after the order of Melchizedek but only to distinguish his priesthood from the Order of Aaron. Hence, after the order of Melchizedek. Absolutely nothing to do with the pagan priest of the Canaanites who just happened to be called Melchizedek.

Why King David would be a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek if he died? Because he was only the type pointing to the archetype in his People of Judah that would be to the Lord a kingdom of priests and a Holy nation. (Exod. 19:6) So, what the Lord really sworn was that in David, his Tribe of Judah would be a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. David died alright but Judah has remained as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:36)

Bottom line is that, "After the Order of Melchizedek" was only a proverb to distinguish from after the order of Aaron which
was what the Tribe of David could not be.

wrong - :patrol:

Ben Masada

The Pagan priest of Salem who happened to be called Melchizedek could have been a priest but after the order of Baal Molech. Abraham would have never paid homage to such a priest. Especially considering that he sacrificed many of the firstborns of the Canaanites in the fire to Baal Molech.

Ben Masada

wrong - :patrol:

According to My Decree

The whole motif about Melchizedek originated in the proverb "After the Order of Melchizedek." If you read Psalm 110:4 in the Christian translation of the KJB, the Lord has sworn and will not repent; you are a priest forever "After the order of Melchizedek." Now, if you read the same Psalm in the JPS, Jewish translation of the Tanach, "The Lord has sworn and will not relent, 'You are a rightful King by My decree'" and not according to Melchizedek. How could David be a priest forever if he was not from the Tribe of Levi wherefrom priests were made after the Order of Aaron? Since the Lord had sworn to make of David a priest forever, some thing had to be done because David was not a Levite. Hence, to distinguish his priesthood from the Order of Aaron, "by My decree" the Lord said as if He was opening an exception. Absolutely nothing to do with Melchizedek, the pagan priest of the Canaanites.

How could David be a priest forever according to HaShem' special decree if he died? Because he was only the type pointing to the archetype in his People of Judah that would be to the Lord a kingdom of priests and a Holy nation. (Exodus 19:6) So, what the Lord really sworn was that in David, his Tribe of Judah would be a priest forever after HaShem's special decree. David died alright but Judah has remained as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:36-37)

Bottom line is that, "After HaShem's special decree," it was only an exception to the fact that David was not from the Tribe of Levy but of Judah. Since, he could not be after the order of Aaron which was the case that the Tribe of David was from Judah. Then, Christianity forged the text with the anti-Jewish slogan that David had become a priest after the Order of Melchizedek. The field was therefore open for Jesus also to be after the Order of Melchizedek.

beameup

Can someone remind me why Melchizedek is supposed to be Jesus but you must use only Bible verse to do so...

Melchizedek was most likely Seth. That conjecture has a long history in Judaism.
Jesus is "of the order of" Melchizedek. This priesthood predates the Levitical.
Some would say that the entire Israel male population (except Levites) will be priests
during the Millennium.
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. - Exodus 19:6a

WatchmanOnTheWall

Melchizedek was most likely Seth. That conjecture has a long history in Judaism.
Jesus is "of the order of" Melchizedek. This priesthood predates the Levitical.

Maybe..

Some would say that the entire Israel male population (except Levites) will be priests
during the Millennium.

The 144,000 are the priests of Jesus during the Millennial reign. They are the included in the first Resurrection before the 1000 years. They will have resurrected bodies like Jesus and will rule over the world as Christ's government on Earth, from the Ezekiel temple in Jerusalem.

beameup

Maybe..

The 144,000 are the priests of Jesus during the Millennial reign. They are the included in the first Resurrection before the 1000 years. They will have resurrected bodies like Jesus and will rule over the world as Christ's government on Earth, from the Ezekiel temple in Jerusalem.

According to most dispensational evangelicals, the 144,000 are Preachers of the Gospel during the TRIBULATION.
Exodus 19:6 clearly states that every male in Israel will be a Priest, so that would be during the MILLENNIUM.

WatchmanOnTheWall

According to most dispensational evangelicals, the 144,000 are Preachers of the Gospel during the TRIBULATION.
Exodus 19:6 clearly states that every male in Israel will be a Priest, so that would be during the MILLENNIUM.

Revelation 20
4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. [THESE ARE THE 24 ELDERS] And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God [THIS RELATES TO THE 7 YEAR TRIBULATION PERIOD]. They had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life [THEY ARE RESURRECTED] and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be PRIESTS of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

The first resurrection at the beginning of the millennial reign is only for the 144,000 priests of Christ (the first fruits of the ressurection):

Revelation 14
1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion [IN JERUSALEM], and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

The rest of the dead who come to life at the end of the 1000 years are the great multitude:

Revelation 7:9
After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.