A Shiny New “InterApp” for Christmas!

drbrumley

A Shiny New “InterApp” for Christmas!
Becky Akers

Rayzone, an Israeli company, sells a contraption it calls “InterApp[,] … a game changing tactical intelligence system, developed for intelligence and law enforcement agencies, enabling them to stealthily collect information from the cloud using smartphone application vulnerabilities.” Translating from the Jargon, we find that Rayzone’s directors and employees lack both morals and common decency, bragging as they do about their product’s theft of data from smartphones’ hapless owners.

Indeed, “InterApp” “uilds [a] target’s full profile” since it “enables [cops] to get intimate information of any phone user, which is in the system’s proximity. The collected data includes: user email address and password, contact list, Dropbox, operating system of the phone, photos, internet history browsing, locations, and much more.” Indeed: “InterApp” also steals “Twitter, Facebook and other social media passwords and information … Previous locations on map; MSISDN and IMEI identities; [and] MAC address, device model” while “[targetting] personal info: gender, age, address, education, etc.”

Used to be you could pop a Peeping Tom in the nose when you discovered him, but no more:
”InterApp is fully transparent to the target and does not require any cooperation from the phone owner.”

You need only “Minimum training” and no rectitude to operate this gizmo—or, as an article that Mark Luedtke forwarded to me says, it “[comes] equipped with an idiot-proof administration panel.” That makes sense since its market is “intelligence and law enforcement agencies.” Ergo, I presume if non-idiots such as you or I tried to buy “InterApp,” Rayzone would refuse our business—but maybe not. What fun for those who live near Bluffdale, UT, or a police precinct!

Meanwhile, here’s another list of gifts you can check twice for use against Our Rulers. After all, they’re deploying all 53 of them against us.

Well, this is disturbing. Since when are we the criminals? This has got to stop.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I went to their site to understand it better and it seems this equipment is a localized monitoring device, like in an airport, surveillance of a suspect, or large event venue, etc. Of course the specifics are rather vague in their brochure so, the real scope of what it will do was kind of fuzzy. Unfortunately our enemies use technology just as anyone else does and to catch them requires this sort of action. I guess if you don't want to be surveilled than don't hang out with bad guys? :idunno:

drbrumley

I went to their site to understand it better and it seems this equipment is a localized monitoring device, like in an airport, surveillance of a suspect, or large event venue, etc. Of course the specifics are rather vague in their brochure so, the real scope of what it will do was kind of fuzzy. Unfortunately our enemies use technology just as anyone else does and to catch them requires this sort of action. I guess if you don't want to be surveilled than don't hang out with bad guys? :idunno:

Which is pretty much anyone....

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Which is pretty much anyone....

Could be but, really do you think any analyst is really spending time surveilling your Grandma through her media if she is not interfacing with targets of interest? I mean really Doc, as much as we hate our privacy invaded you had to know that tracking down bad guys would end up like this, in this techy age we live in. Surveillance of potential terrorists & criminals has always existed, surveillance has just moved with the times, it is an unfortunate tragedy of the world we live in I guess.