• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

A missing Link to Genesis 1:6 God said, “I command a dome to separate the water above it from the water below it.”

tieman55

Is a large Meteorite, named Hoba in Namibia, a missing link to Genesis 1:6

Hoba is ostensibly a “meteorite” that is in Namibia, Africa. Hoba is the largest/only slab of iron/nickel/cobalt ever discovered. It weighs in at 132,000 lbs. 9’ x 9’ x 3’ thick. It lies where it was discovered in 1920 by a farmer plowing a field with an ox to plant corn. Hoba left no crater or obvious path to where it resides to this day.

We are taught/told to believe by the "experts" that Hoba basically had a controlled angled decent in from space with a soft landing at more than 22K MPH and it is the ONLY meteorite in history, of that magnitude, to remain intact on impact… Believe what you want, but there is no way that Hoba came from outer-space… So, if it didn’t come from space, where did it come from?

Consider this:

Hoba is made of an alloy that today is similar to many industrial maraging steels. Hoba alloy is iron, nickel and cobalt, which make it corrosion resistant, having superior elongation, very high tensile strength under pressure and low thermal expansion. There are similar alloy used today like 18Ni by Haynes International and is aka the “asteroid” alloy. Hoba’s properties meet specific engineering requirements. *See foot note Mechanics.

Thanks to Walt Brown and others, many creationists believe that meteorites came from the flood when the fountains of the deep broke the earth open. That is what I believe and it is the premise for my thesis.

Maraging alloy steel is not found on earth in any large pieces except in the millions of meteorites. Since this steel is only found on or very near the surface on earth, it is rightly assumed that they are all meteorites. But is that true?

From the Walt Brown creationist point of view: The fact that maraging steel is only found on the surface begs the question: How did it come to be that every chunk, layer, rock, and or deposit of iron/nickel/cobalt (maraging steel) is on or near the earths surface and they all seem to be meteorites? That fact alone makes the Walt Brown creationist look misguided. Again, from the creationist view, how is the above possible? How can it be that every piece of maraging steel that was on earth went into space? Or is there a missing link?

Hoba is the missing link.

Hoba is the answer. It is the meteorite, that never made it to space, and Hoba is not alone. Here is how: Before the flood, all of the iron/nickel/cobalt steel in creation, located on earth, was as an “interface” between the water below it and the land above it. In Gen: 1:6, God talks about that interface and it is alluded to in various translations, in various figures of speech as a: dome, firmament, expanse, space, something, divider, canopy, vaulted dome, separation, horizon, and others. All of them allude to a contemporary liner between the waters in the sky and the waters below, Hoba is a piece of that liner, keeping water below it and dirt/rock from falling into the deep.

When the fountains of the deep broke open and the alloy steel dome/liner sheared in two, at the point of separation, smaller pieces broke off the liner and were then carried upward by the high-pressure water into space and elsewhere but all of them ended up either in space or on/near the surface of the earth. All meteorites are/were pieces of God's barrier between the land and water before the flood, but all of these so-called meteorites have not seen space.

The largest intact piece of the liner on the earth’s surface is Hoba, as it was just too big to be pushed into space. The vast majority of God's liner, while likely broken up, is likely still deep in the earth. And most geologist believe that the earth’s core is iron/nickel, which is a good fit. This also explains why we do find very small particles of iron/nickel on the surface, anything else found is ostensibly called a meteorite, regardless if it has ever seen space.

The Proof!

If you look at Hoba closely, one side is different than the other, that might indicate one side was in contact with land and the other side was in contact with the water for its 1700 years of service. I predicted before it was known to be so, that one side of Hoba would contain carbonates from the water below it and it would be different than the other side. I was proven to be correct. *See German Study Foot notes.

Hoba is about 250 miles from the existing coast line of Africa, how did it come to rest there? I say it slid there. When the fountains of the deep broke open Hoba broke off from the barrier/dome/liner and high-pressure water pushed Hoba up and it fell on land. With the rush of water, debris, and the entire Africa continent falling down at an angle, combined with Hoba’s inertia and then the continent coming to a halt, Hoba slid to its present position, probably in a few hours. I believe there are undoubtable other Hoba's yet to be discovered. *See Foot notes of traditional.

Conclusion: Hoba is an extant piece of God's "dome" and proof that the Genesis 1:6 is true.

Foot notes:

From deepai.com

The Namibian government does not take a specific position on the origin or origin story of the Hoba meteorite. However, the official stance is that the meteorite is of unknown origin and has been present in the area for thousands of years. **(There is no date on when the govt, took this stance but it appears it goes back to the discovery of Hoba)
There are various theories and hypotheses about the origin of the Hoba meteorite, including:

1. The traditional story is that the meteorite was brought to the area by a flood or a massive storm.
I found a few examples of oral traditions and local legends related to flooding and large chunks of iron/nickel that might be connected to the Hoba meteorite:

2. In some African cultures, there are stories about a great flood that occurred in the region where the Hoba meteorite was found. The flood is said to have been so powerful that it swept away everything in its path, leaving behind only a few remnants of the pre-flood world. Some believe that these remnants are the large chunks of iron and nickel that can be found in the region, including the Hoba meteorite.

3. In another African legend, the flood is said to have been caused by the gods themselves, who were angry with the inhabitants of the earth for their wicked ways. The gods sent a great flood to destroy the earth, but they spared a few individuals who were deemed worthy and saved them on a mountain or a rock. Some believe that these saved individuals brought with them fragments of iron and nickel from the pre-flood world, which eventually became the Hoba meteorite.

These oral traditions and local legends are not only fascinating but also provide a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage and storytelling traditions of Africa. While they may not be directly connected to the Hoba meteorite, they offer a unique perspective on the cultural significance and symbolic meaning of meteorites and other natural phenomena in African societies.

Mechanics of 3’ thick dome.

The pressure would be enormous on every square inch of the dome. With perhaps 12,000 feet of soil/dirt rock the pressure would be about 1 million pounds per square inch. Which would be a challenge for even 3 feet of maraging steel, but the steel is supported by the water below it, so the pressure is compressive.

The compressive properties of meteoritic metal are generally characterized by:

1. Low yield strength: Meteoritic metal typically has a yield strength in the range of 10-50 MPa (1,450-7,250 psi), which is relatively low compared to other metals.

2. Low ultimate strength: The ultimate strength of meteoritic metal is usually around 100-200 MPa (14,500-29,000 psi), which is also relatively low.

3. High ductility: Meteoritic metal is often highly ductile, meaning it can be deformed significantly without breaking or cracking. This is due to the presence of impurities and defects in the metal structure.

4. High strain hardening: Meteoritic metal exhibits significant strain hardening, which means that its strength increases as it is deformed. This is because the metal's crystal structure becomes more aligned and denser as it is compressed.

Conclusion: 3 and 4 make this alloy an engineer’s dream. Ductility because the moon would have raised and lowered the dome every single day and the compression of the metal was in the rage of million psi. increasing it strength.

German Study: The Proof

The top and bottom of the Hoba meteorite have been analyzed, and the results are fascinating. In 2018, a team of scientists from the University of Bremen, Germany, conducted a detailed analysis of the meteorite's surfaces using a range of techniques, including:

1. **Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)**: The team used SEM to examine the surface morphology of both the top and bottom of the meteorite.
2. **Energy-Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDS)**: They used EDS to analyze the chemical composition of the surfaces.
3. **X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)**: They used XRF to analyze the elemental composition of the surfaces.
4. **Micro-X-ray Computed Tomography (Micro-CT)**: They used Micro-CT to create 3D images of the meteorite's internal structure.

The analysis revealed some striking differences between the top and bottom surfaces:

1. **Surface roughness**: The top surface is smoother than the bottom surface, with a roughness average (Ra) value of 0.5 μm compared to 2.5 μm for the bottom surface.

2. **Chemical composition**: The top surface has a higher concentration of metallic iron and nickel compared to the bottom surface, which is more enriched in silicates and carbonates.

3. **Elemental distribution**: The team found that the top surface has a more uniform distribution of elements, whereas the bottom surface has a more heterogeneous distribution.

4. **Micro-structure**: The Micro-CT analysis revealed that the top surface has a more compact and recrystallized microstructure compared to the bottom surface, which is more porous and has a more complex microstructure.
These differences suggest that the top and bottom surfaces of the Hoba meteorite have undergone different processes during its formation and history in space. The top surface may have been exposed to solar wind and radiation, which could have led to its smoother texture and altered chemical composition. The bottom surface, on the other hand, may have
been buried in regolith or debris, which could have contributed to its rougher texture and more complex microstructure.
The study provides valuable insights into the formation and evolution of the Hoba meteorite, and highlights the importance of analyzing multiple surfaces and samples from a single meteorite to gain a more comprehensive understanding of its history.

Hoba_meteorite_%2815682150765%29.jpg

Avajs

Any particular reason we dont find similar remains all over the earth if the dome covered the whole earth? But was it a dome or some outer ball of metal circling the entire earth? Cant really put a dome over a ball unless the ball is sitting on a flat surface

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any particular reason we dont find similar remains all over the earth if the dome covered the whole earth? But was it a dome or some outer ball of metal circling the entire earth? Cant really put a dome over a ball unless the ball is sitting on a flat surface
Read again. The dome would be under the ground you are standing on, except for the parts that broke off and came up.

Avajs

Read again. The dome would be under the ground you are standing on, except for the parts that broke off and came up.
sorry, but that makes no sense. Was there a "dome" prior to the flood? And after several thousand years of various excavations all over the earth why is this the only remnant found?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
sorry, but that makes no sense. Was there a "dome" prior to the flood? And after several thousand years of various excavations all over the earth why is this the only remnant found?
Yes, there was a covering, which was the crust of the earth, over the fountains of the deep. The proposal tieman55 is making is that it was lined with metal. I find it rather far-fetched, but I'm willing to give it more credibility if there is more evidence for the idea.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't buy this in the slightest.

Using Dr. Brown's theory as a support seems completely disingenuous.

Dr. Brown believes that the "liner" was a ~60 mile thick layer of granite.
I don't think it's using HPT as support, but claiming an addition to HPT that might be something to consider.

Yes, there was a covering, which was the crust of the earth, over the fountains of the deep. The proposal tieman55 is making is that it was lined with metal. I find it rather far-fetched, but I'm willing to give it more credibility if there is more evidence for the idea.
gen 1:6 "And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters." within the firmament is where the birds fly.......First heaven.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He seems to be claiming that HPT and this "liner" theory are compatible. They are not.
I don't know if you can say this for sure. There is nothing in HPT that precludes a liner. What doesn't make sense to me is how a few feet of steel would make any difference at all to kilometers of granite thickness.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess that the HPT also does not preclude the moon being made of cheese.
I think HPT at least implies the moon is made of moon rocks, so I'm not sure your hyperbole is apropos.

But I get your point. HPT will not comment on a lot of things that don't have anything to do with the theory itself. However, like the canopy discussion on the makeup of the windows of heaven, the makeup of the firmament has a lot to do with HPT. If there were a metal liner, I'm sure the theory would include it if there were enough evidence to comment on it. As it is, the evidence is a little weak for my taste to even speculate that it was there.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I think HPT at least implies the moon is made of moon rocks, so I'm not sure your hyperbole is apropos.

But I get your point. HPT will not comment on a lot of things that don't have anything to do with the theory itself. However, like the canopy discussion on the makeup of the windows of heaven, the makeup of the firmament has a lot to do with HPT. If there were a metal liner, I'm sure the theory would include it if there were enough evidence to comment on it. As it is, the evidence is a little weak for my taste to even speculate that it was there.

See 24:30 here:

And

The beginning of this video:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Was there something at those timestamps that preclude a metal liner?

Yes.

I think HPT remains silent on the idea.

It doesn't speak about them directly to affirm or reject the notion, but indirectly, it precludes it.

As far as I can tell, Hoba is not a porous rock (using the term loosely here).

Hopefully you aren't thinking I'm endorsing the idea of a metal liner.

I don't. Just watch those specific sections of video

tieman55

Is a large Meteorite, named Hoba in Namibia, a missing link to Genesis 1:6

Hoba is ostensibly a “meteorite” that is in Namibia, Africa. Hoba is the largest/only slab of iron/nickel/cobalt ever discovered. It weighs in at 132,000 lbs. 9’ x 9’ x 3’ thick. It lies where it was discovered in 1920 by a farmer plowing a field with an ox to plant corn. Hoba left no crater or obvious path to where it resides to this day.

We are taught/told to believe by the "experts" that Hoba basically had a controlled angled decent in from space with a soft landing at more than 22K MPH and it is the ONLY meteorite in history, of that magnitude, to remain intact on impact… Believe what you want, but there is no way that Hoba came from outer-space… So, if it didn’t come from space, where did it come from?

Consider this:

Hoba is made of an alloy that today is similar to many industrial maraging steels. Hoba alloy is iron, nickel and cobalt, which make it corrosion resistant, having superior elongation, very high tensile strength under pressure and low thermal expansion. There are similar alloy used today like 18Ni by Haynes International and is aka the “asteroid” alloy. Hoba’s properties meet specific engineering requirements. *See foot note Mechanics.

Thanks to Walt Brown and others, many creationists believe that meteorites came from the flood when the fountains of the deep broke the earth open. That is what I believe and it is the premise for my thesis.

Maraging alloy steel is not found on earth in any large pieces except in the millions of meteorites. Since this steel is only found on or very near the surface on earth, it is rightly assumed that they are all meteorites. But is that true?

From the Walt Brown creationist point of view: The fact that maraging steel is only found on the surface begs the question: How did it come to be that every chunk, layer, rock, and or deposit of iron/nickel/cobalt (maraging steel) is on or near the earths surface and they all seem to be meteorites? That fact alone makes the Walt Brown creationist look misguided. Again, from the creationist view, how is the above possible? How can it be that every piece of maraging steel that was on earth went into space? Or is there a missing link?

Hoba is the missing link.

Hoba is the answer. It is the meteorite, that never made it to space, and Hoba is not alone. Here is how: Before the flood, all of the iron/nickel/cobalt steel in creation, located on earth, was as an “interface” between the water below it and the land above it. In Gen: 1:6, God talks about that interface and it is alluded to in various translations, in various figures of speech as a: dome, firmament, expanse, space, something, divider, canopy, vaulted dome, separation, horizon, and others. All of them allude to a contemporary liner between the waters in the sky and the waters below, Hoba is a piece of that liner, keeping water below it and dirt/rock from falling into the deep.

When the fountains of the deep broke open and the alloy steel dome/liner sheared in two, at the point of separation, smaller pieces broke off the liner and were then carried upward by the high-pressure water into space and elsewhere but all of them ended up either in space or on/near the surface of the earth. All meteorites are/were pieces of God's barrier between the land and water before the flood, but all of these so-called meteorites have not seen space.

The largest intact piece of the liner on the earth’s surface is Hoba, as it was just too big to be pushed into space. The vast majority of God's liner, while likely broken up, is likely still deep in the earth. And most geologist believe that the earth’s core is iron/nickel, which is a good fit. This also explains why we do find very small particles of iron/nickel on the surface, anything else found is ostensibly called a meteorite, regardless if it has ever seen space.

The Proof!

If you look at Hoba closely, one side is different than the other, that might indicate one side was in contact with land and the other side was in contact with the water for its 1700 years of service. I predicted before it was known to be so, that one side of Hoba would contain carbonates from the water below it and it would be different than the other side. I was proven to be correct. *See German Study Foot notes.

Hoba is about 250 miles from the existing coast line of Africa, how did it come to rest there? I say it slid there. When the fountains of the deep broke open Hoba broke off from the barrier/dome/liner and high-pressure water pushed Hoba up and it fell on land. With the rush of water, debris, and the entire Africa continent falling down at an angle, combined with Hoba’s inertia and then the continent coming to a halt, Hoba slid to its present position, probably in a few hours. I believe there are undoubtable other Hoba's yet to be discovered. *See Foot notes of traditional.

Conclusion: Hoba is an extant piece of God's "dome" and proof that the Genesis 1:6 is true.

Foot notes:

From deepai.com

The Namibian government does not take a specific position on the origin or origin story of the Hoba meteorite. However, the official stance is that the meteorite is of unknown origin and has been present in the area for thousands of years. **(There is no date on when the govt, took this stance but it appears it goes back to the discovery of Hoba)
There are various theories and hypotheses about the origin of the Hoba meteorite, including:

1. The traditional story is that the meteorite was brought to the area by a flood or a massive storm.
I found a few examples of oral traditions and local legends related to flooding and large chunks of iron/nickel that might be connected to the Hoba meteorite:

2. In some African cultures, there are stories about a great flood that occurred in the region where the Hoba meteorite was found. The flood is said to have been so powerful that it swept away everything in its path, leaving behind only a few remnants of the pre-flood world. Some believe that these remnants are the large chunks of iron and nickel that can be found in the region, including the Hoba meteorite.

3. In another African legend, the flood is said to have been caused by the gods themselves, who were angry with the inhabitants of the earth for their wicked ways. The gods sent a great flood to destroy the earth, but they spared a few individuals who were deemed worthy and saved them on a mountain or a rock. Some believe that these saved individuals brought with them fragments of iron and nickel from the pre-flood world, which eventually became the Hoba meteorite.

These oral traditions and local legends are not only fascinating but also provide a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage and storytelling traditions of Africa. While they may not be directly connected to the Hoba meteorite, they offer a unique perspective on the cultural significance and symbolic meaning of meteorites and other natural phenomena in African societies.

Mechanics of 3’ thick dome.

The pressure would be enormous on every square inch of the dome. With perhaps 12,000 feet of soil/dirt rock the pressure would be about 1 million pounds per square inch. Which would be a challenge for even 3 feet of maraging steel, but the steel is supported by the water below it, so the pressure is compressive.

The compressive properties of meteoritic metal are generally characterized by:

1. Low yield strength: Meteoritic metal typically has a yield strength in the range of 10-50 MPa (1,450-7,250 psi), which is relatively low compared to other metals.

2. Low ultimate strength: The ultimate strength of meteoritic metal is usually around 100-200 MPa (14,500-29,000 psi), which is also relatively low.

3. High ductility: Meteoritic metal is often highly ductile, meaning it can be deformed significantly without breaking or cracking. This is due to the presence of impurities and defects in the metal structure.

4. High strain hardening: Meteoritic metal exhibits significant strain hardening, which means that its strength increases as it is deformed. This is because the metal's crystal structure becomes more aligned and denser as it is compressed.

Conclusion: 3 and 4 make this alloy an engineer’s dream. Ductility because the moon would have raised and lowered the dome every single day and the compression of the metal was in the rage of million psi. increasing it strength.

German Study: The Proof

The top and bottom of the Hoba meteorite have been analyzed, and the results are fascinating. In 2018, a team of scientists from the University of Bremen, Germany, conducted a detailed analysis of the meteorite's surfaces using a range of techniques, including:

1. **Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)**: The team used SEM to examine the surface morphology of both the top and bottom of the meteorite.
2. **Energy-Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDS)**: They used EDS to analyze the chemical composition of the surfaces.
3. **X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)**: They used XRF to analyze the elemental composition of the surfaces.
4. **Micro-X-ray Computed Tomography (Micro-CT)**: They used Micro-CT to create 3D images of the meteorite's internal structure.

The analysis revealed some striking differences between the top and bottom surfaces:

1. **Surface roughness**: The top surface is smoother than the bottom surface, with a roughness average (Ra) value of 0.5 μm compared to 2.5 μm for the bottom surface.

2. **Chemical composition**: The top surface has a higher concentration of metallic iron and nickel compared to the bottom surface, which is more enriched in silicates and carbonates.

3. **Elemental distribution**: The team found that the top surface has a more uniform distribution of elements, whereas the bottom surface has a more heterogeneous distribution.

4. **Micro-structure**: The Micro-CT analysis revealed that the top surface has a more compact and recrystallized microstructure compared to the bottom surface, which is more porous and has a more complex microstructure.
These differences suggest that the top and bottom surfaces of the Hoba meteorite have undergone different processes during its formation and history in space. The top surface may have been exposed to solar wind and radiation, which could have led to its smoother texture and altered chemical composition. The bottom surface, on the other hand, may have
been buried in regolith or debris, which could have contributed to its rougher texture and more complex microstructure.
The study provides valuable insights into the formation and evolution of the Hoba meteorite, and highlights the importance of analyzing multiple surfaces and samples from a single meteorite to gain a more comprehensive understanding of its history.

Hoba_meteorite_%2815682150765%29.jpg

How old is Hoba? According to AI/internet Hoba has been dated to be between 80 and 100 thousand years old but when dating all meteorites, the dater assumes that Hoba was in space and also how long it was in space. That creates a circular reasoning problem as you can't say how long it is in space until you say how old it is, so that is obviously flawed on many levels, so, for me, the dates given to meteorites is a total farce.

My research shows that Hoba is ostensibly the youngest metal meteorite ever discovered. Admittedly the age range is meaningless, because of the circular reasoning used. But the fact that Hoba is the youngest meteorite, I think it still has value/merit when used in comparison to other known meteorites, in that Hoba stands apart.

I asked Deepai.com the question below and then cut and pasted the answer "as given".

FROM AI
Q
. If we were to assume that Hoba never left the Earth's surface, would the age determination likely be different?

A. Yes, here's why:

1. Radiocarbon dating: If Hoba was never in space, it would not have been exposed to cosmic radiation, which would have affected the 14C content. In this case, the radiocarbon dating method would not be applicable, as it relies on the assumption that the sample has been exposed to cosmic radiation.

2. Potassium-argon dating: If Hoba was never in space, it would not have undergone argon-argon reactions due to cosmic rays. In this case, the potassium-argon dating method would not be applicable, as it relies on the assumption that the sample has been exposed to cosmic radiation.

The original radiocarbon dating result for Hoba was 80,000 to 100,000 years old. This range is likely an overestimation due to the presence of cosmic radiation, which would have artificially increased the 14C content.

To recalculate the age range, we can use the following assumption:

* The 14C content in Hoba is entirely due to atmospheric contamination, and not due to cosmic radiation.

Using the radiocarbon dating method, we can calculate the age of the sample based on the 14C content. However, since Hoba didn't receive any cosmic radiation, we can assume that the 14C content is very low or zero.

Let's assume that the 14C content in Hoba is equal to the atmospheric 14C content at the time of its formation. The atmospheric 14C content is typically around 1-2% of the modern level.

Using this assumption, we can recalculate the age range as follows:

* Original radiocarbon dating result: 80,000 to 100,000 years old
* Atmospheric 14C content at the time of Hoba's formation: 1-2% of modern level
* 14C content in Hoba: assumed to be equal to atmospheric 14C content

By recalculating the age range using these assumptions, we can estimate a new age range for Hoba. Let's assume that the atmospheric 14C content at the time of Hoba's formation was around 1% of modern level.

Using this assumption, we can calculate the age range as follows:

* Age = (2.04 x 10^5) / (0.01 x 1.21 x 10^-12)
* Age ≈ 17,000 years old

This calculation assumes that the atmospheric 14C content at the time of Hoba's formation was around 1% of modern level. This is a rough estimate, and the actual age range may be different.

Based on this calculation, if we assume that Hoba was never in space and didn't receive any cosmic radiation, the new age range would be approximately around 10,000 to 20,000 years old.

END AI

My conclusion: Hoba, on many layers, is unlike any meteorite ever discovered, and this is just one more layer.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes.

It doesn't speak about them directly to affirm or reject the notion, but indirectly, it precludes it.

As far as I can tell, Hoba is not a porous rock (using the term loosely here).
So, I think you are saying - going off of the amount of water that has gotten into the granite crust from below, that would imply a liner wasn't there to stop it.
I don't. Just watch those specific sections of video
Ok. It's not a bad idea to mention what you are referring to when you post a video as an answer. I've seen those vids a number of times and I like them very much.

tieman55

How old is Hoba? According to AI/internet Hoba has been dated to be between 80 and 100 thousand years old but when dating all meteorites, the dater assumes that Hoba was in space and also how long it was in space. That creates a circular reasoning problem as you can't say how long it is in space until you say how old it is, so that is obviously flawed on many levels, so, for me, the dates given to meteorites is a total farce.

My research shows that Hoba is ostensibly the youngest metal meteorite ever discovered. Admittedly the age range is meaningless, because of the circular reasoning used. But the fact that Hoba is the youngest meteorite, I think it still has value/merit when used in comparison to other known meteorites, in that Hoba stands apart.

I asked Deepai.com the question below and then cut and pasted the answer "as given".

FROM AI
Q
. If we were to assume that Hoba never left the Earth's surface, would the age determination likely be different?

A. Yes, here's why:

1. Radiocarbon dating: If Hoba was never in space, it would not have been exposed to cosmic radiation, which would have affected the 14C content. In this case, the radiocarbon dating method would not be applicable, as it relies on the assumption that the sample has been exposed to cosmic radiation.

2. Potassium-argon dating: If Hoba was never in space, it would not have undergone argon-argon reactions due to cosmic rays. In this case, the potassium-argon dating method would not be applicable, as it relies on the assumption that the sample has been exposed to cosmic radiation.

The original radiocarbon dating result for Hoba was 80,000 to 100,000 years old. This range is likely an overestimation due to the presence of cosmic radiation, which would have artificially increased the 14C content.

To recalculate the age range, we can use the following assumption:

* The 14C content in Hoba is entirely due to atmospheric contamination, and not due to cosmic radiation.

Using the radiocarbon dating method, we can calculate the age of the sample based on the 14C content. However, since Hoba didn't receive any cosmic radiation, we can assume that the 14C content is very low or zero.

Let's assume that the 14C content in Hoba is equal to the atmospheric 14C content at the time of its formation. The atmospheric 14C content is typically around 1-2% of the modern level.

Using this assumption, we can recalculate the age range as follows:

* Original radiocarbon dating result: 80,000 to 100,000 years old
* Atmospheric 14C content at the time of Hoba's formation: 1-2% of modern level
* 14C content in Hoba: assumed to be equal to atmospheric 14C content

By recalculating the age range using these assumptions, we can estimate a new age range for Hoba. Let's assume that the atmospheric 14C content at the time of Hoba's formation was around 1% of modern level.

Using this assumption, we can calculate the age range as follows:

* Age = (2.04 x 10^5) / (0.01 x 1.21 x 10^-12)
* Age ≈ 17,000 years old

This calculation assumes that the atmospheric 14C content at the time of Hoba's formation was around 1% of modern level. This is a rough estimate, and the actual age range may be different.

Based on this calculation, if we assume that Hoba was never in space and didn't receive any cosmic radiation, the new age range would be approximately around 10,000 to 20,000 years old.

END AI

My conclusion: Hoba, on many layers, is unlike any meteorite ever discovered, and this is just one more layer.
Results Using DeepAI

Question.
Can you give me an approx. amount of energy released into the earth when a 130,000 lbs. meteorite hits the ground at 25,000 mph, please give me your answer in tons of TNT?

A. To estimate the energy released by the meteorite impact, we need to calculate the kinetic energy of the meteorite before it hits the ground. The kinetic energy (KE) is given by the formula:

KE = (1/2) × mass × velocity^2

Where:
  • mass = 130,000 pounds (approximately 59,000 kg)
  • velocity = 25,000 miles per hour (approximately 11,176 meters per second)
Plugging in the values, we get:

KE = (1/2) × 59,000 kg × (11,176 m/s)^2 ≈ 8.33 × 10^12 Joules

Now, to convert this energy from Joules to tons of TNT (a common unit of measurement for explosive energy), we need to know the energy released by a ton of TNT. A standard ton of TNT is approximately 4.184 gigajoules (GJ). So, we can convert the energy released by the meteorite impact as follows:

8.33 × 10^12 Joules ≈ 8.33 × 10^12 / 4.184 GJ/ton ≈ 2.0 × 10^6 tons of TNT

So, approximately 2 million tons of TNT would be equivalent to the energy released by the meteorite impact.

To put this into perspective, the Trinity nuclear bomb test in 1945 released an energy equivalent to around 21,000 tons of TNT. The meteorite impact would release about 100 times more energy than that.

Please note that this calculation is an estimate and doesn't take into account various factors that could affect the actual impact, such as the angle of incidence, atmospheric conditions, and the composition of the meteorite.

END OF AI

That answer seems high to me, I checked the formulas and they seem correct, I know it is big number. I asked AI in various forms and got answer that were all proportional, I even asked it to check its math and it insisted it was correct. I also checked AIMATH and got the exact same answer.

Conclusion: Hoba stands alone like no other, ostensibly, meteorite known to man.