3 of 5 for GT to debate (The entire letter of 1 John)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is Jesus?

1 John 1:1-2 American Standard Version (ASV)

1 That which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we beheld, and our hands handled, concerning the Word of life 2 (and the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare unto you the life, the eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us);

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Good luck with GT the Judaizer.

Robert,

I understand why you say this, but GT is also passionate about God and Scripture.

This will be a way of sharing perspectives without the added tension of name calling and judgment.

GT is as much a child of God as any of us.

All respect, but that will be the tone of this forum.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
3 of 5 for GT to debate (The entire letter of 1 John)

All are welcome to participate.

No verses are allowed to be interpreted with anything but other, cross referenced verses of any "Translation" (not paraphrase) of the Canonized 66 books/Epistles of the Scriptures, with the exception of the book of 1 John.

Historical context, geography and exegesis are welcome.

Personal belief systems and conjecture are allowed

No slander, false prophet declarations or any judgment is to be cast.

We will break 1 John into small chunks and travel through it chronologically.

Debate will occur over each section, and if no response is made, than the chunks will continue to come until all is revealed.

Foreknowledge of further content in 1 John may be paraphrased from memory in illumination of 1 John to prove ones point, but no direct quotes from other verses in 1 John are to be used, than the verses that are provided in the part being evaluated.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary