Who died on the cross? - a Hall of Fame thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
On another thread AMR stated....
God, the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity, in no way died on the Cross. Who did die? The Son of Man, Jesus, the man.
Curious....

How would you respond to a statement like that?

It seems to me that AMR is introducing a fourth member of the Godhead:

- The Father
- The Son (who never died on the cross)
- The Son (who did die on the cross)
- The Holy Spirit

Didn't the Son of God come in the flesh and die on the cross for our sins? Or was the incarnation just an illusion (i.e., body double) as AMR seems to be suggesting?

Last edited:

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
God became man and that man died on the cross. That man was the Son of God.

amosman

On another thread AMR stated....Curious....

How would you respond to a statement like that?

It seems to me that AMR is introducing a forth member of the Godhead:

- The Father
- The Son (who never died on the cross)
- The Son (who did die on the cross)
- The Holy Spirit

Didn't the Son of God come in the flesh? Or was the incarnation just an illusion as AMR seems to be suggesting?

Seems that the Man Yeshua died in His flesh on the tree. I don't think a spirit of Spirit can die. God the Father is Spirit and the Holy Spirit is Spirit. The only thing capable of dying as I understand dying is the Man flesh or body.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think a spirit of Spirit can die.
Did anyone suggest that? :idunno:

Nobody ceases to exist when they die (not even humans).

God the Father is Spirit and the Holy Spirit is Spirit. The only thing capable of dying as I understand dying is the Man flesh or body.
Right! But ask yourself this... Where was the Son when Jesus died on the cross?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well we know that He did not go to the Father until after His resurrection. I think after He died He stayed in the grave until He was resurrected on the third day.
So... while that was going on The Son of God (the second person of the trinity) was not ALSO in heaven with God while Jesus (the man was going through all of this) correct?

What I am getting at is... Jesus was ACTUALLY the Son of God (the second part of the trinity). Does anyone disagree or reject that?

amosman

So... while that was going on The Son of God (the second person of the trinity) was not ALSO in heaven with God while Jesus (the man was going through all of this) correct?

What I am getting at is... Jesus was ACTUALLY the Son of God (the second part of the trinity). Does anyone disagree or reject that?

I know that Yeshua told Mary to not hold on to Him for He had not yet ascended to the Father. He as the First Fruits offering did not present Himself to the Father until the proper time. But later on Yeshua could be touched by Thomas and others.

Son of Man or Son of God = The same Person.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I know that Yeshua told Mary to not hold on to Him for He had not yet ascended to the Father. He as the First Fruits offering did not present Himself to the Father until the proper time. But later on Yeshua could be touched by Thomas and others.

Son of Man or Son of God = The same Person.
OK, so what do you think of AMR's assertion.....

"God, the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity, in no way died on the Cross. Who did die? The Son of Man, Jesus, the man."

Newman

So... do you think his answer would be.... "on the cross"?

The perfect sacrifice died on the cross.
God became man, and that man (the Son of God and the Son of Man) died on the cross, making for us a way to reach the Father and ultimately perfection, righteousness, and eternity with the one that made it all possible, the God-man, Jesus Christ.

So yes, my answer is: on the cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.