Who brought Jesus back to life when he died?

EliG

BANNED
Banned
What does the Bible say about that? The Bible clearly identifies MANY TIMES who raised Jesus.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
... 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Jesus knew very well who was the one who could SAVE HIM FROM DEATH:

Heb. 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

PD: Quotes are from KJV.1611

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
What does the Bible say about that? The Bible clearly identifies MANY TIMES who raised Jesus.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
... 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Jesus knew very well who was the one who could SAVE HIM FROM DEATH:

Heb. 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

So was Jesus lying when He said that He would raise Himself from the dead?

John 2:19-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (2:20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (2:21) But he spake of the temple of his body.
Acts 2:32 (AKJV/PCE)

(2:32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Right Divider

Body part
Nobody actually uses the 1611 version of the KJB.

Here is the 1611 version of Acts 3:13

The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Iacob, the God of our fathers hath glorified his sonne Iesus, whom ye deliuered vp, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when hee was determined to let him goe.

Notice the obvious differences?

EliG

BANNED
Banned
So was Jesus lying when He said that He would raise Himself from the dead?
No, he was not. It is you who want to give his words a specific meaning. As you can see in my post, there is enought biblical prove to consider the way you understand Jesus' words there as erroneous. You can not understand one simple verse in a way that it contradicts dozens of clear verses. Does that make sense to you?

PD: if you repeat to insult me, I'll send you back to my ignored list.

Right Divider

Body part
No, he was not.
So He was going to raise Himself? Yes, Jesus raised Himself just like the Bible says that He says that He would.

(2:19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. (2:20) Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? (2:21) But he spake of the temple of his body.

Acts 2:32 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
It is you who want to give his words a specific meaning.
No, I take it exactly as written. It is you that must pervert the meaning.
As you can see in my post, there is enought biblical prove to consider the way you understand Jesus' words there as erroneous. You can not understand one simple verse in a way that it contradicts dozens of clear verses. Does that make sense to you?
It makes complete sense to me that Jesus said something that you reject. You're not the first to reject the truth; you won't be the last.
PD: if you repeat to insult me, I'll send you back to my ignored list.
Your loss.

EliG

BANNED
Banned
It is true that he seems to say that he is going to resurrect himself, but the meaning could be diferent that that one, to coincide with the rest of the Scriptures: he could be meaning that it will depend on himself to be resurrected, not that he himself would do it.

Right Divider

Body part
It is true that he seems to say that he is going to resurrect himself,
No, it does not "seem to say that"... it actually explicitly says that.
but the meaning could be diferent that that one,
Only if you're trying to change it from what it clearly says.
to coincide with the rest of the Scriptures:
Please be specific. It clearly says "I WILL RAISE IT UP".
he could be meaning that it will depend on himself to be resurrected, not that he himself would do it.
Double-talking nonsense. He clearly said "I WILL RAISE IT UP" (speaking of HIS BODY).

Here it is again:

EliG

BANNED
Banned
No person who heard Jesus thought that he would resurrect himself, since the entire Jewish world knew that a dead person cannot do anything for himself. The Bible clearly says:

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

When you try to hold on to one interpretation of a text, you do so at the expense of contradicting dozens of other texts. You make others believe that the Bible contradicts itself. That is why you must learn to match an interpretation of one text with the rest of the Scriptures.

For that you must know very well what the Bible teaches in all its pages. In Christendom, they usually take texts out of context and leave that message to unbelievers, because they don't study the Bible as it should be.

Right Divider

Body part
No person who heard Jesus thought that he would resurrect himself,
What they thought is irrelevant... what HE SAID is the point.
since the entire Jewish world knew that a dead person cannot do anything for himself. The Bible clearly says:

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Jesus is God. That is why He could say that HE WOULD RAISE HIMSELF.
When you try to hold on to one interpretation of a text,
I'm not interpreting the text. I'm reading it and believing what it says. It is YOU that does not believe the clear text of scripture.
you do so at the expense of contradicting dozens of other texts.
Nope. Your interpretation is driven by falsehood.
You make others believe that the Bible contradicts itself.
Nope. The Bible contradicts your fake story.
That is why you must learn to match an interpretation of one text with the rest of the Scriptures.
I do. You, on the other hand, force your false interpretation on the text.
For that you must know very well what the Bible teaches in all its pages. In Christendom, they usually take texts out of context and leave that message to unbelievers, because they don't study the Bible as it should be.
John 14:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:1) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Note the claim to be equal with God... because He is God.

Last edited:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Nobody actually uses the 1611 version of the KJB.
A couple years ago, I found a nice, 400th anniversary AV 1611 KJB facsimile reprint at a second-hand store. Great condition, and ridiculously cheap. I was thrilled! What a treasure! (Not so great as a conveniently portable pocket Bible, though.)

EliG

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God. That is why He could say that HE WOULD RAISE HIMSELF.
That is what you want it to mean. But wanting does not make it truth.
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him
Jesus was dead, even if you don't like the idea.

Rev. 1:17 (...) Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
... 2:8 (...) These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive

In the Scriptures being alive is the opposite of being dead. Why do you think Jesus said he WAS DEAD?

Right Divider

Body part
That is what you want it to mean.
No, that is what it clearly means. I don't have to want it to.
But wanting does not make it truth.
Exactly... I just take it plainly for what it clearly says.
Jesus was dead, even if you don't like the idea.
Red herring.
Rev. 1:17 (...) Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
... 2:8 (...) These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive
The man died and raised Himself from the dead.
In the Scriptures being alive is the opposite of being dead. Why do you think Jesus said he WAS DEAD?
Because the man, who was God in the flesh, died in the flesh and then raised Himself from the dead (per His own power as the Creator of all things).

EliG

BANNED
Banned
Jesus did not say: "a part of me was dead while the other part was alive". He said: I WAS DEAD (Rev. 1:17,18; 2:8). You do not want to believe him.

What you are implying is that Jesus was a human being possessed by a god, and when the human died the god that was within him resurrected him, and now there are two jesuses up there, one human and another one a god that previously possessed him. Is it?
Jesus was one person. When he died, the whole person died. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, resurrected him.

Rom. 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus did not say: "a part of me was dead while the other part was alive". He said: I WAS DEAD (Rev. 1:17,18; 2:8). You do not want to believe him.
God in the flesh... the MAN died. It was not "part of Him". It was Him in the flesh.
What you are implying is that Jesus was a human being possessed by a god,
Another straw-man. Lying about God's nature is what every cult does.
and when the human died the god that was within him resurrected him, and now there are two jesuses up there, one human and another one a god that previously possessed him. Is it?
100% God and 100% man, as scripture descibes and you don't believe.
Jesus was one person.
Jesus is God in the flesh.
When he died, the whole person died.
In the flesh.
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, resurrected him.
He is that God.
Rom. 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
Amen.

Rom 14:9-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:9) For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. (14:10) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. (14:11) For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. (14:12) So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Another confirmation of the deity of Christ! Confessing to Christ is confessing to God. Giving account to Christ is giving account to God.

EliG

BANNED
Banned
What you are implying is that Jesus was a human being possessed by a god, and when the human died the god that was within him resurrected him, and now there are two jesuses up there, one human and another one a god that previously possessed him. Is it?
It looks like this is what this forum member believes. Does everyone else here believe that there are two jesuses? One who died and the other one who made him live again? What would one Jesus need the other one for, after that other died?

It sounds funny, because the trinity seems to be now a quatriunity, with two jesuses instead of one.

Good night.

Right Divider

Body part
It looks like this is what this forum member believes. Does everyone else here believe that there are two jesuses? One who died and the other one who made him live again? What would one Jesus need the other one for, after that other died?

It sounds funny, because the trinity seems to be now a quatriunity, with two jesuses instead of one.

Good night.
One Jesus with two natures, Mr. Straw-man

EliG

BANNED
Banned
One Jesus with two natures, Mr. Straw-man
Please, no games, that I am not a child.

You are being saying all the time that Jesus resurrected himself, and that means nothing else that Jesus#1, the one that you say didn't die, gave life again to Jesus#2, the one who you say died ... Two jesuses in your ridiculous statement that Jesus resurrected "himself".

That was all for today, and I don't know when I can have time again to come here.

Right Divider

Body part
Please, no games, that I am not a child.
The only child here is you.
You are being saying all the time that Jesus resurrected himself, and that means nothing else that Jesus#1, the one that you say didn't die, gave life again to Jesus#2, the one who you say died ... Two jesuses in your ridiculous statement that Jesus resurrected "himself".
You continue to create straw-men to beat up. Jesus was God from the beginning. He is God in the flesh. So, YES, He is able to raise the dead. Same Jesus, two natures.
That was all for today, and I don't know when I can have time again to come here.
Take a break for as long as you like. The longer, the better.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus did not say: "a part of me was dead while the other part was alive".

Duh. That's not our claim.

He said: I WAS DEAD (Rev. 1:17,18; 2:8). You do not want to believe him.

Says the one who refuses to believe Jesus' own words.

What you are implying is that Jesus was a human being possessed by a god,

No, we're not.

What we're saying, which the Bible shows, is that God the Son became a man, and took upon Himself a human nature, in addition to his divine nature, so that now He has two natures, one divine, and one human, where before He only had His divine nature as God, but now will forever more have both His Divine nature, and His human nature.

and when the human died the god that was within him resurrected him,

No, that's something that Keypurr would say. We (and the Bible) strongly rejects that notion.

and now there are two jesuses up there, one human and another one a god that previously possessed him. Is it?

No, that's not our claim.

There is only one Jesus. Prior to His incarnation, He had only a single nature, that of "God."

When He became a man, he took on a Human nature, so that now and forever more He has two natures, "God" and "man."

Jesus was one person.

Yes He was.

When he died, the whole person died.

Correct. And then, after three days of preaching to the righteous dead in Abraham's Bosom within Hell, He raised Himself from being dead.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, resurrected him.

Jesus IS the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

AMEN!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It looks like this is what this forum member believes.

No, it's not what he believes, you nincompoop.

If you're just here to cause trouble, you're going to get banned very quickly. Don't be dumb.

Does everyone else here believe that there are two jesuses?

No one here does.

One who died and the other one who made him live again? What would one Jesus need the other one for, after that other died?

Good night.

Straw man

Please, no games,

Then quit playing games.

that I am not a child.

Then quit acting like one.

You are being saying all the time that Jesus resurrected himself,

Because He did, like He said He would.

and that means nothing else that Jesus#1, the one that you say didn't die, gave life again to Jesus#2, the one who you say died

Straw man. Not what we believe.

... Two jesuses in your ridiculous statement that Jesus resurrected "himself".

No, it's your straw man that's ridiculous.

There was ONE Jesus. He was crucified, died, and was buried, and on the third day, raised Himself from the dead, like He said He would, because He is God, and God is capable of raising men from the dead.