ECT WHAT THE GREEK WORD BAPTIZO MEANS IN MATT 28:19 ??

DAN P

Hi to all and in Matt 28:19 it reads , Go therefore , and teach all nations , Baptizing them in the name of the Father , and of the Son , and of the Holy Spirit !!

#1 , The Greek word ETHNOS here is not to Gentiles BUT the Jews scattered all over the WORLD !!

#2, Does the Greek word BAPTIZO here mean WATER !! , NO !!

Do you see the Greek word for WATER / HUDOR in this verse , NO !!

#3, Also notice that in MARK 16:16 says , that he that believeth and is BAPTIZED SHALL BE SAVED !!

Notice that the Greek word SHALL BE SAVED and the Greek word SHALL BE DAMNED are in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , why ??

#4 And here salvation has CHANGED from GRACE to WORKS !!

#5 , When did BAPTISM change ?

#6 In Acts 1:5 John indeed BAPTIZED ( WITH ) WATER / HUDOR BUT you will be BAPTIZED with HOLY SPIRIT and this Baptism is not with WATER !!

#7 Notice that is says , Baptized with HOLY SPIRIT NOT with ( THE ) HOLY SPIRIT because the Greek word THE is not in the Greek text !!

What most believers FAIL to see is that Israel has been set aside as 2 Cor 3 : 13-16 tell of the Law of Moses being FADED OUT and yet there are many who refuse to believe that verse !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
#1 , The Greek word ETHNOS here is not to Gentiles BUT the Jews scattered all over the WORLD !!

"that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:14)

Does ethnos here also apply only to Jews scattered all over the world?

To be resurrected at Christ's appearing we must be buried with him in baptism.

"buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead." (Colossians 2:12)

How are we buried with Christ?

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death"
(Romans 6:4)

DAN P

"that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:14)

Does ethnos here also apply only to Jews scattered all over the world?

To be resurrected at Christ's appearing we must be buried with him in baptism.

"buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead." (Colossians 2:12)

How are we buried with Christ?

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death"
(Romans 6:4)

Hi and ETHNOS does not always mean GENTILES !!~

Read John 11:48 and does it mean GENTILES here , NO , it is talking about Israel PLKACE AND NATION !!

In verse 50 , that the whole NATION / ETHNOS die not , Is that GENTILES or ISRAEL ??

In verse 51 DID Jesus die for that nation , is speaking to the Jewish nation !!

dan p

DAN P

But that wasn't my question.

Hi and How we were buried with Christ , is that it ?

Read Rom 6:4 , when the HOLY SPIRIT / PLACES , BAPTISMA all those who blieve into Christ death !!

Please notice that it is NOT WATER BAPTISM and not the Greek word BAPTIZO or BAPTISM BUT BAPTISMA and that baptisma means it is the HOLY SPIRIT !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and How we were buried with Christ , is that it ?

Read Rom 6:4 , when the HOLY SPIRIT / PLACES , BAPTISMA all those who blieve into Christ death !!

Please notice that it is NOT WATER BAPTISM and not the Greek word BAPTIZO or BAPTISM BUT BAPTISMA and that baptisma means it is the HOLY SPIRIT

Baptisma G908 is a variation of G907.

G908
βάπτισμα
baptisma
bap'-tis-mah
From G907; baptism (technically or figuratively): - baptism.

There is only one baptism in the NT.

That would be the one Jesus was baptized with.

There is no other baptism.

Paul described baptism in Romans 6:3-4.

If you don't believe Paul who do you believe?

Danoh

G908
βάπτισμα
baptisma
bap'-tis-mah

Nope - Romans 6's baptism is this one...

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

This...

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Which is this...

Luke 12:50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

It is not this one, which was His earlier baptism...

Matthew 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Romans 6 is the Spirit's baptizing the lost person into the Lord's death with Him, the moment the person trusts that Christ died for his sins.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

That baptism is the faithful operation of God...

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Because Romans 5:8.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is one and only one baptism in the NT.

"one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5)

There is really no need to attempt to redefine NT baptism.

Danoh

There is one and only one baptism in the NT.

"one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5)

There is really no need to attempt to redefine NT baptism.

That is your reading into that passage.

Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Hebrews 9:10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

DAN P

G908
βάπτισμα
baptisma
bap'-tis-mah

Hi and there are 2 baptisms mentioned in Acts 1:5 and do you say that these baptism are the same ?

You have already found that the Greek word in Rom 6:4 is the Greek , word is NOT BAPTISO / BAPTISM , BUT the Greek word BAPTISMA and Acts 19:3 uses both Greek words BAPTIZO and BAPTISMA !!

So what then does BAPTISMA mean ?

It means John is a BAPTIZER !!

Remember that if a person is IGNORANT he can be Educated !

CRAZINESS can be MEDICATED !!

But there is no CURE FOR STUPID , so do not go there !!

dan p

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, all your scriptures are quoted from the NT, but in the first century CE there was no NT.

Paul preached from the Hebrew Bible.

What OT scripture validates your supposition?

Patrick Cronin

“Into what, then, were you baptized?” Paul asked. “The baptism of John,” they replied. Paul explained: “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance, he told the people to believe in the One coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus."(Acts 19:3-5) This shows that there are two different kinds of Baptism with water in the new Testament Scripture.
Patrick Cronin

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This shows that there are two different kinds of Baptism with water in the new Testament Scripture.
Patrick Cronin

John could only baptize with water because the holy Spirit could not be imparted while Jesus was human.

"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit whom those believing in Him would receive, for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified." (John 7:38-39)

Jesus promised he would come to us.

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you" (John 16:7)

Jesus baptizes us in form of the holy Spirit.

Matthew 28 states we should be baptized in the name of the Father, Son and holy Spirit, which is redundant because Jesus Christ is the only name that counts.

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Only the Son's name counts for receiving eternal life (salvation).

Any other name added to his is spurious.

Jesus is the only person who can baptize.

He does so through humans by his authority.

Eternal life is the gift of God.

"but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

No other name, just his.

John did not bestow eternal life, it wasn't his to give.

DAN P

OK, all your scriptures are quoted from the NT, but in the first century CE there was no NT.

Hi and was this meant for dan p ??

dan p

DAN P

Hi and Paul preached in Greek and also spoke in Hebrew , in Acts 26:14 and I googled , and there are many opinions , on the Greek Septuagint translation , so check it out !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and Paul preached in Greek and also spoke in Hebrew , in Acts 26:14 and I googled , and there are many opinions , on the Greek Septuagint translation , so check it out !!

Paul's instructions in Romans 6 are not in the Septuagint.

You need to move up to the NT.

glorydaz

Hi and there are 2 baptisms mentioned in Acts 1:5 and do you say that these baptism are the same ?

You have already found that the Greek word in Rom 6:4 is the Greek , word is NOT BAPTISO / BAPTISM , BUT the Greek word BAPTISMA and Acts 19:3 uses both Greek words BAPTIZO and BAPTISMA !!

So what then does BAPTISMA mean ?

It means John is a BAPTIZER !!

Remember that if a person is IGNORANT he can be Educated !

CRAZINESS can be MEDICATED !!

But there is no CURE FOR STUPID , so do not go there !!

dan p

:thumb:

glorydaz

Yep, I see two. Thanks, Dan. I don't know how much clearer one can make it.

DAN P

Yep, I see two. Thanks, Dan. I don't know how much clearer one can make it.

Hi and let's look and see 3 baptisms !!

#1 One like what happened to Paul in 1 Cor 12:3 , that no one can Jesus LORD EXCEPT BY THE Holy Spirit !!

#2, The we are BAPTIZED/ PLACED into the B O C !

#3 Then we BAPTIZED into His death Rom 6:3 !

And the BAPTISMA / BAPTIZER , the Holy Spirit does the PLACING in Rom 6:4 and in 22 different other instants !!

dan p