What am I?

LightPattern

I am lost. I pray... I feel like I don't understand anything. God's trying to tell me something, but maybe I'm tone-deaf?

I haven't made many posts here.. so that's why this is in the newbie forum.. if it belongs somewhere else, plz tell me and I will correct what I can.

elohiym

Anyone with "light" in their name has to have something wrong with them.

1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

Genesis 1:27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

LightPattern is a good username.

LightPattern

God is good at finding lost sheep, brother.

Why do you think you are lost?

That's a nice sentiment. Probably as true as anything I'll read on here.

To me that is a large question. One I've been trying to work my way through for years.
Specifically I feel lost at the moment because I was listening to an instructional video that led me to picture my lost fiancée. Then I picked up a magazine, turned to a random page, and the headline had her name in it.
A striking coincidence perhaps... or yet another sign that I'm supposed to get meaning out of, which I fail to understand.

elohiym

Specifically I feel lost at the moment because I was listening to an instructional video that led me to picture my lost fiancée. Then I picked up a magazine, turned to a random page, and the headline had her name in it.
A striking coincidence perhaps... or yet another sign that I'm supposed to get meaning out of, which I fail to understand.

How are you using the term "lost" regarding your fiancee?

What was the instructional video about?

What magazine were you reading that had her first name in the article headline?

...if you feel like sharing the details.

Sometimes interpreting the signs God gives us is difficult. Give it some time and it will come to you.

LightPattern

1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.

Genesis 1:27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

LightPattern is a good username.

Being a pattern made of light.. Another nice thought. :)

The name came more from my trying to find patterns in the light.
I am a seeker.. but feeling that I'm one that needs a new eyeglass prescription or something! :D

elohiym

I am a seeker.. but feeling that I'm one that needs a new eyeglass prescription or something! :D

Nah, your eyes are just adjusting to the light. :D

Learning to communicate with your Father in heaven is a little like learning to communicate with your dad on earth. Over time, you figure out what He's trying to tell you and why. I'm still learning, too. Welcome to the club, brother. At least you are listening and trying to be aware of the signs.

LightPattern

How are you using the term "lost" regarding your fiancee?

What was the instructional video about?

What magazine were you reading that had her first name in the article headline?

...if you feel like sharing the details.

Sometimes interpreting the signs God gives us is difficult. Give it some time and it will come to you.

The instructional vid was on practicing martial arts.. it was talking about mental exercises.. and it got specific about picturing elements of my past in a way I hadn't expected at all.
The magazine is an old nature oriented one.. that I've skimmed through several times, never running across this article with her last name in bold print at the top.

I'm obviously not at peace regarding her.. I've thought about doing Internet searches related to grieving.. I often feel I can't approach someone in person about this, because we weren't married, so I can't talk about my "dead wife." And if the other person starts referring to her being my "girlfriend" I just freeze up inside, like I have to defend my feelings being justified.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
sorry about your loss
getting over it will take time
this is a good place to talk about it
but
try to get involved in other issues as well
this is a good time to get involved with someones campaign
if
you are at all interested in politics

elohiym

The instructional vid was on practicing martial arts.. it was talking about mental exercises.. and it got specific about picturing elements of my past in a way I hadn't expected at all.

Could you explain the exercise and how it triggered your memories?

The magazine is an old nature oriented one.. that I've skimmed through several times, never running across this article with her last name in bold print at the top.

What was the article about?

I'm obviously not at peace regarding her.. I've thought about doing Internet searches related to grieving.. I often feel I can't approach someone in person about this, because we weren't married, so I can't talk about my "dead wife." And if the other person starts referring to her being my "girlfriend" I just freeze up inside, like I have to defend my feelings being justified.

You don't have to defend your feelings with everyone. In my view, if God joined you together, she is your wife. The state or a "priest" doesn't have to join you together for me to consider you husband and wife. I'm sorry for your loss, brother.

LightPattern

sorry about your loss
getting over it will take time
this is a good place to talk about it
but
try to get involved in other issues as well
this is a good time to get involved with someones campaign
if
you are at all interested in politics

Thank you.
I am a lot more interested in the world than in the last few years.
I'm a slow healer.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

You need to be in a good bible believing church.

See:

House of God by Darrell Ferguson

O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.
O light that foll’west all my way,
I yield my flick’ring torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.
O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.
O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be. George Mattheson Jer 31:3

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Being a pattern made of light.. Another nice thought. :)

The name came more from my trying to find patterns in the light.

I'll get you a year's subscription if you change your name to something manly. :up:

Arthur Brain

I'll get you a year's subscription if you change your name to something manly. :up:

Says the guy with the name 'Stripe', who used to be called 'Stipe' and had an avatar of the lead singer of REM?

Yeah dude, that has 'manly' written all over it. :plain:

How about you show some respect for a new forum member and his loss instead of acting like a complete jerk?

Welcome to TOL LightPattern.

:e4e: