UK University of Bristol says don't worry about gender of people in restrooms

GFR7

I can see what they're trying to do.
But at the same time, this is most unseemly.
Most unseemly. :(
And just how many transgender people are there, anyway, that
this is deemed necessary? :cry:

10649578_10152913668876518_2410211622190597084_n.jpg

Gender neutral toilets
The Students’ Union currently has active policy on getting the university to provide gender neutral toilets in each faculty. Most faculties are spread between various buildings, and unfortunately some of those will not be able to host gender neutral toilets. Below is a list of locations where there are gender neutral toilets. If you have any more to add please get in touch at: ubu-justask@bristol.ac.uk

Policy on gender neutral toilets: https://www.ubu.org.uk/pageassets/about/democracy/policy/GNT-SU-motion-11.12.12-for-website.pdf

NEWS: Currently the university is costing up the option of having two gender-neutral toilets installed in the Arts and Social Sciences Library.

If you have any questions about the progress on this motion or access concerns please get in touch with your LGBT+ Officer at: lgbt.officer@bristol.ac.uk

http://www.ubu.org.uk/justask/welfare/lgbt/

GFR7

Rest rape rooms. Inevitable.
You are right on target.

They are instructing college students (females) not to flip out if someone of the wrong gender (a man)
is in the restroom. PERFECT set up for voyeurs, rapists and/or pedophiles.

Brilliant. Juuuust brilliant. :plain:

The Berean

How many women will feel uncomfortable with a guy dressed in a dress using the stall right next to them?

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I can see what they're trying to do.
But at the same time, this is most unseemly.
Most unseemly. :(
And just how many transgender people are there, anyway, that
this is deemed necessary? :cry:

Oh, for Pete's sake.

From your link:

This motion concerns increasing the availability of GNTs and not the conversion of every toilet into a GNT; Gendered toilets should still exist.

So next time you're at the University of Bristol, dry your tears, pass the GNT and choose the gendered toilet of your choice.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You are right on target.

They are instructing college students (females) not to flip out if someone of the wrong gender (a man)

They'd have chosen to use the gender-neutral bathroom in the first place, so I doubt anyone will be flipping out except you and Musterion.

musterion

They'd have chosen to use the gender-neutral bathroom in the first place, so I doubt anyone will be flipping out except you and Musterion.

When the first gender-neutral toilet rape is reported - and it will be - we will bring it to your attention but you won't care because you're a leftist.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
When the first gender-neutral toilet rape is reported - and it will be - we will bring it to your attention but you won't care because you're a leftist.

What, you haven't noticed all the other rapes that haven't happened in gender neutral bathrooms? Where have you been?

Why haven't you been talking about the places women are really threatened? How many thousands of rapes will it take?

I'd say "you won't care because you're a man" but I won't broadbrush all men (or lie) the way you just did.

musterion

Don't play the woman card, it's only valid at participating TOLs and this isn't one of them.

I have all the room in the world to talk to anyone about the odds of rape increasing when males and females are allowed unrestricted access to the same toilets. I also have all the room in the world to point out that you are an idiot for denying that fact for purely craven, liberal pro-sodomy reasons, showing you have no real concern for what WILL happen.

shagster01

You are right on target.

Why wouldn't the woman just not use the gender neutral bathroom? If she chooses that one, it's kinda her fault too.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Don't play the woman card, it's only valid at participating TOLs and this isn't one of them.

Don't be a jerk, there are enough of them here already.

I have all the room in the world to talk to anyone about the odds of rape increasing when males and females are allowed unrestricted access to the same toilets. I also have all the room in the world to point out that you are an idiot for denying for purely craven, liberal pro-sodomy reasons with no real concern for what WILL happen.
No. No you don't.

You can, however, talk about all the rapes and the attempted rapes that happen everywhere else. How long will it take you to blame the victim, I wonder?

Those restrooms are clearly marked and don't have to be used by anyone who doesn't want to use them. You've blown past that fact entirely.

musterion

Why wouldn't the woman just not use the gender neutral bathroom? If she chooses that one, it's kinda her fault too.

Not a bad point, but they won't stop at just a few. The goal will be to make ALL bathrooms GN in the name of equality, enlightenment. Wait and see, it'll be sooner rather than later. And when it does, the liberals and queers here will pretend this discussion never happened, as they will do when some guy in drag rapes a woman in a "safe" GN latrine.