Tropical Cyclone Freddy

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I've been tracking this for 5 weeks now, I first noticed it near northwestern Australia/Bali back at the end of January. It stayed together all the way across the Indian Ocean and has been for a little while now in what they call cyclone alley between Mozambique and Madagascar.

That's roughly the distance between Miami and Anchorage.

I post it here for consideration because I know that most of you probably have never heard of it. As Americans our news tends to be very insular.

IMG_20230310_130937.jpg

Last edited:

Bradley D

I have been watching it on tropical tidbits. I have relatives in the Philippines and keep an eye on the storms/earthquakes.

ok doser

And looking at the Doppler this morning this caught my eye. That's a really weird system for the North Atlantic.

IMG_20230317_120948.jpg

Bradley D

Well living in California I have seen quite a few changes. They have what is called a fire season that has burned away acres of land. Now this year a lot of rain bring a lot landslides and several feet of snow burying houses.

Right Divider

Body part
Well living in California I have seen quite a few changes.
So what? The climate changes due to many, many factors... like changes in the sun's output.
They have what is called a fire season that has burned away acres of land.
That is nothing new.
Now this year a lot of rain bring a lot landslides and several feet of snow burying houses.
Again, so what? Things change. There has always been unusual local weather from time to time.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
They have what is called a fire season that has burned away acres of land.

Because they don't manage their forests properly. They're so interested in conserving the forests that they don't burn them every so often to clear out dead and dry growth.

They also don't have the proper water infrastructure to make the area green.

Now this year a lot of rain bring a lot landslides and several feet of snow burying houses.

As RD said, so what?

way 2 go

Well living in California I have seen quite a few changes. They have what is called a fire season that has burned away acres of land. Now this year a lot of rain bring a lot landslides and several feet of snow burying houses.
fire season followed by mudslide seasons , that's california for the last 15- 20 years

but

.https://realclimatescience.com/2023/03/1791-no-rain-for-the-entire-year-in-southern-california/

1791 – No Rain For The Entire Year In Southern California​

Posted on March 3, 2023 by tonyheller

“The record was kept by the Fathers. at San Luis Rey Mission in San Diego county, between the years of 1786 and 1832. During this period there were seven dry years, one being without rain the whole year, The inference is that the intervening years between the dates given in the table were fairly good. The record follows: ‘ ‘
1786—Coplous rainfall.
178f—Rainfall insufficient. Crops short. ,
1791—Extremely dry, No rain the whole year.
1794—Rainfall insufficient. Crops short.
1795—Very dry.
1819—Short in rain and crops.
1827—Short in rain and crops.
1832—Short in rain and crops.

ok doser

Been watching this for the past couple days. This is the first time it has started to spiral.

IMG_20230329_232325.jpg

Derf

That's how California was when I lived there, too, in the 80's