Things that Make Sense To Me

Brother Vinny

Just throwing this thread in this here junk drawer area, because it'll include religion and politics at times, but sometimes neither.

Thing number one incorporates both:

The critical eye you turn on others' religions should be equally turned on one's own. Case in point:

12122899_928553370525604_6192984659843149778_n.jpg

A Christian (well, Methodist ;)) friend posted this meme, and I had to bring up that there are plenty of things that are now the norm in American culture that we as Christians are rightfully offended by, and we dig in our trenches in this culture war, not retreat as this meme suggests.

It is my belief that Christianity has more to offer than Islam in the marketplace of ideas in terms of worldview. Let the Muslims compete.

At the other end, another friend whose religious leanings I'm unsure of took Ben Carson to task because of some things the Seventh Day Adventist church (of which Carson is a member) espouses. I'm fairly sure this same friend did not like it when Carson expressed his opinion that Muslims are unfit for Presidential office, so he should not judge Carson's worthiness on the same criteria. (Of course, this same friend thinks males should not have a voice in the abortion debate, and yet continues to voice his opinion on the matter, so I don't expect much in terms of consistency from him.)

Make sense?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I was reading a book on economics
and
about the third chapter the author claimed the economy was in good shape thanks to abortion
now
that not only got my attention, it made me mad
but
he went on to explain that republicans could not get elected with out the religious vote
and
without republicans in the white house we would not have conservative judges
and
without conservative judges we would not have a business friendly environment

it makes sense

Brother Vinny

Pan fried chicken instead of deep fried chicken?

I think that is the better choice.

:thumb:

Honestly, I don't remember the last time I had pan fried chicken. No restaurants do it, to my knowledge.

I had Charlie's Chicken today (regional chain started here in Oklahoma). I like Raising Cane's and Zaxby's. Oh, and Buffalo Wild Wings (but I usually get Naked Tenders there).

brewmama

Just throwing this thread in this here junk drawer area, because it'll include religion and politics at times, but sometimes neither.

The critical eye you turn on others' religions should be equally turned on one's own. Case in point:

A Christian (well, Methodist ;)) friend posted this meme, and I had to bring up that there are plenty of things that are now the norm in American culture that we as Christians are rightfully offended by, and we dig in our trenches in this culture war, not retreat as this meme suggests.

It is my belief that Christianity has more to offer than Islam in the marketplace of ideas in terms of worldview. Let the Muslims compete.

At the other end, another friend whose religious leanings I'm unsure of took Ben Carson to task because of some things the Seventh Day Adventist church (of which Carson is a member) espouses. I'm fairly sure this same friend did not like it when Carson expressed his opinion that Muslims are unfit for Presidential office, so he should not judge Carson's worthiness on the same criteria. (Of course, this same friend thinks males should not have a voice in the abortion debate, and yet continues to voice his opinion on the matter, so I don't expect much in terms of consistency from him.)

Make sense?

I would say that Christians were here first, and the culture shocks came to OUR country, while the Muslims immigrated and then complained. It's like building your house next to the airport and complaining about the noise. Plus the fixes for their complaints are generally not compatible with American culture or the Constitution.

History proves that Islam does not "compete" in the area of ideas. They kill or subjugate you.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I would say that Christians were here first, and the culture shocks came to OUR country, while the Muslims immigrated and then complained.

I would say that Native Americans were here first, and the culture shocks came to THEIR country, while the Christians immigrated and then complained.

brewmama

I would say that Native Americans were here first, and the culture shocks came to THEIR country, while the Christians immigrated and then complained.

When did they complain?

Your post is irrelevant to the OP, but nice try at a dig on America!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
When did they complain?

Only seven years ago we made a treaty by which we were assured that the buffalo country should be left to us forever. Now they threaten to take that from us also.
--Sitting Bull

220px-SittingBull.jpg

Your post is irrelevant to the OP, but nice try at a dig on America!
Open your eyes. There's a great big world out there.

bybee

Make sense?

Deeds speak louder than words. A couple of days ago Facebook posted the picture of a young Swedish woman raped to death by a Muslim immigrant whilst his companions watched and jeered. The police had to pull him off her dead body.
Some of their Mullahs have stated that Muslim men shall continue to rape Christian women and children. The Qur'an permits it.
I have not seen any Christian justify such behavior by a Christian.