• Other (explain below).

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I assume most of you know what I am talking about. And if you are new to TOL I am sure you will notice rather quickly that there is a running feud between Tye Porter and Billy Bob that seems to spill out on to almost every thread and even into the ShoutBox.

I warn one or both of them at least once a week to knock it off.

And....

I receive a lot of feedback asking that I ban both of them yet I rarely get any feedback stating that people enjoy their 7th grade style bickering.

I am now seriously considering banning one or both of them.

So tell me....

If you were a TOL administrator what would you do?

Free-Agent Smith

I guess you could take the option of banning them for specific periods of time before you choose to do it permanently. Say like 3 days at a time or even a week. Let them read the active articles but don't let them have any access to anything else.

Honestly though, you will only be able to suspend their privilages so many times before you would have to kick them off completely and block each new IP they connect with.

Last edited:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Would BillyBob's chances of getting saved be better here, or at his church building? I'm not sure BillyBob has issued his Statement of Faith to the congregation he belongs to. If he is banned, I hope he at least goes to his pastor for a chat.

Tye hasn't been vulgar from what I have seen. In Mr. Smith's thread he said he had been wondering if he should quit witnessing to BillyBob. Maybe he should? Would that fix the problem*?

*SOTK, Mr. 5020, myself and a few others are witnessing to you BillyBob, will you stand and debate or turn to insults and vulgarity?

brother Willi

Originally posted by Nineveh

Tye hasn't been vulgar from what I have seen. In Mr. Smith's thread he said he had been wondering if he should quit witnessing to BillyBob. Maybe he should? Would that fix the problem*?

Thats a good idea
Tye you up for that?

Greywolf

If they want to bicker, that's their agenda. No offense BB, but it does get annoying when you start interrupting threads just for the sake of "chasing" Tye. If you want to argue with him please start a thread for it and try to keep it there.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Greywolf

If they want to bicker, that's their agenda. No offense BB, but it does get annoying when you start interrupting threads just for the sake of "chasing" Tye. If you want to argue with him please start a thread for it and try to keep it there.
Translation = get a room!

:vomit:

;)

SOTK

This is a hard question. I am in agreement with Tye's theology, but I don't always agree with Tye's style of witnessing. Sometimes I think Tye does more harm than good. However, I've grown to love the way Tye is and accept his style. Although Tye might not always show it, I think his intentions in confronting BB has been out of concern and love. Unless I have completely missed it, I haven't seen Tye stupe to namecalling or inappropriate comments.

I like BB too, but I don't agree with his theology or his sometimes inappropriate joking. Lately, I've seen BB as more of the antagonist than Tye. BB seems to be the one who is doing the following and the provoking. His statements, as of late, are way more inappropriate than Tye's comments. I'm not saying Tye's innocent just that he isn't as much of the antagonist as BB is.

I know that you've warned both of them many times. I believe in structure and accountability. I think you should follow through with any consequence that you've warned them of in the past. Personally, I think BB deserves a consequence more than Tye due to BB's more recent behavior and comments.

I love both of them so I hope that if they were both banned, they would be allowed to return after a certain amount of time. I am not done witnessing to BB either so I really hope that he would be allowed to return after the consequence.

Sorry, I probably wasn't very helpful. :eek:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
It may be a wise business decision to keep the one of them who donates more money regularly to TOL. Since the only real problem is that they are both posters at TOL, allowing one of them to stay will just as easily solve the problem and will also insure steady donations as has been the case.

I have been accused of being vulgar, fair enough, I stand in agreement that this is the case from time to time. Tye, is a liar. He has been accused of lying by at least a couple dozen posters here, Christian and otherwise. He is a self centered self righteous egotist who condemns all who do not agree with him. He instantly berates posters as 'God Haters', even though it is not true.

He is starved for attention [large pink font?????] and seems to get it by boasting his religion and trying to drive wedges between the people here at TOL. Conversely, I befriend Christian and nonChristian alike. Even the people who are my biggest adversaries are still friendly to me, even in the heat of battle. Tye is the only person here who I disdain. Tye cannot say the same about me, he disdains half the people here and is very vocal about it. That speaks volumes as to who the real trouble maker is here.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by SOTK4ever

Unless I have completely missed it, I haven't seen Tye stupe to namecalling or inappropriate comments.

Yes, you have definitely missed it. Have you never seen Tye run around calling people 'God Haters'? Have you never seen him tell people that they are going to Hell? I would say that these comments are very inappropriate. He also falsely accuses and deliberately misrepresents statements.

Tye Porter

Originally posted by BillyBob

I'd ban both of them.
In as little as we do agree, this is one of those times.

I am not seeking to have him banned, but if you dole out punishment you should be fair and dole it out to both parties envolved.
You send a message that you've finally become even-handed in your judgements.
BillyBob has been banned before.
Tye is too new.

I will reiterate, I am not seeking his bannishment, but if you do one, you should do both.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Re: The Tye & BillyBob distraction

Originally posted by Knight

If you were a TOL administrator what would you do?
:singer: "Ohhh I wish I were a TOL admini..."

I seriously doubt it's possible to do this, but here goes. Modify their user accounts so they cannot see anything the other one says. Make it so where Tye's TOL appearance is nonexistent to BB, and vice versa. BB can't see Tye's posts, he can't quote Tye's posts, and he can't even read other posters' quotes of Tye. And vice versa.

I'd really hate to see them banned.

Tye Porter

Every time I do, Knight closes the thread.
Actually, we have two threads.
"Is BillyBob a Christian?"
"BB's Statement of Faith"

The problem was, this weekend, we tried to stay away from those threads, and take some time off from the bickering.
It did not work and turned into an across the board dog fight.
I don't think it is possible to contain in the one or two threads.
That has been tried.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I have started lots of threads to bicker with you, Knight has been closing them since the day you arrived. He just closed on tonight, in fact. Lucky even closed one a few days ago. I guess you should be thankful to have people looking out for you and attempting to even the playing field since you are incapable of doing so yourself.

Tye Porter

I have started lots of threads to bicker with you, Knight has been closing them since the day you arrived. He just closed on tonight, in fact. Lucky even closed one a few days ago. I guess you should be thankful to have people looking out for you and attempting to even the playing field since you are incapable of doing so yourself.
Maybe you simply missed the fact that you and I have two threads, and neither have been closed or edited.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Maybe you think that there is a limit of two threads per discussion. That would be a false assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.