ECT THE PRACTICAL NECESSITY OF AN INFALLIBLE & AUTHORITATIVE INTERPRETER

Cruciform

13007210_956182544451563_6103187946917930164_n.jpg

Comments or Questions?

HisServant

13007210_956182544451563_6103187946917930164_n.jpg

Comments or Questions?

And yet we know that Peter was fallible and Paul was not above injecting his opinions into scripture...

The Holy Spirit is the only infallible teacher.. not the scripture interpreted by some pedophiles and homosexuals in Rome.... the city hated and under a perpetual curse by God.

Seriously, God is a liar if he based is church out of Rome.. since he has shown that he cannot keep his own promises.

Also, you would be more accurate if you replaced 'practical necessity' with 'carnal desire'.. its way more accurate.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And through whom or what does the infallible interpretation of the Holy Spirit come to the faithful---by what authoritative human agent or agency?

Peter said scripture is not open to private interpretation....what don't you understand in scripture? Jesus said the Holy Spirit dwells in the believer...

The reason there are so many interpretations [even within the RCC] is because as Peter says people twist it to make it fit their own doctrines.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That is not what Peter said.

That is EACTLY what he said

Knowing this first that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation

For the prophecy came not of old time by the will of man but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost

Scripture comes the same way but is written, when Paul wrote to Corinth he wrote under that same inspiration.

There was no Pope in Rome in those days

genuineoriginal

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I say the writings of Paul came the same way as prophecy came to holy men of old...they spake...Paul wrate

genuineoriginal

I say the writings of Paul came the same way as prophecy came to holy men of old...they spake...Paul wrate
Not all of what Paul wrote meets that criteria.

1 Corinthians 7:25
25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Note then how careful Paul is to note those 2 instances when it is he and not the Lord speaking.

...this proves that all other times it is to be taken as though spoken of the Lord.

whitestone

Not all of what Paul wrote meets that criteria.

1 Corinthians 7:25
25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.​

So in Luke 1:2 KJV are the things Luke is writing something he received as he was moved by the Holy spirit, or what he was taught/told by those who were eyewitnesses?