The millennium and the truths it teaches us (Rev. 20)

EliG

BANNED
Banned
Did you know that Revelation chapter 20 reveals to us many secrets about the future?

For example, it tells us that after the rest of those who are going to be kings and priests with Christ are taken from earth to heaven, the people who are going to be living on earth are going to pass a test, and that test is to divide the people of that time into rebellious and obedient, which will end in a second trial, the end.

Let's talk about that here.

EliG

BANNED
Banned
Some events related to the future Millennium, which we are referred to in Rev. 20:

1) The first resurrection: which occurs exclusively to the brothers of Christ who are taken to heaven. This resurrection that has been going on for some time, ends sometime before Armageddon before the beginning of the Millennium, when the rest of Jesus's brothers who are still alive have to die to resurrect in spiritual bodies. They will rule from heaven during those thousand years with Jesus.

2) The great tribulation: a period that includes a brief time of suffering on humanity and that ends in the destruction of all the governments of the world at Armageddon ... It is survived on earth by the great crowd of which Revelation speaks and then those thousand years begin.

3) The Devil is abyssed for those thousand years, so that the government of Christ is not hindered. But he is not destroyed at that moment; he is only put in a situation or state where he cannot act, in inactivity; Revelation calls that state: "the abyss";

4) Another resurrection that occurs on earth later in the Millennium, which allows some time after resurrection, for these people to live and learn with the survivors of Armageddon;

5) At the end of the thousand years Satan is released from the state in which he was put, and manages to deceive an indeterminate number of people who have been living after Armageddon ON THE EARTH.

6) The Devil is destroyed along with all the new rebels;

7) Jesus hands over the kingdom of humanity to God.

Do you know how to explain the order in which all these events will occur with biblical passages?

TrevorL

Greetings EliG,
Some events related to the future Millennium, which we are referred to in Rev. 20:
I am interested in the Millennium, but I prefer to consider some of the OT passages first. I suggest such passages as Isaiah 2:1-4, Micah 4:1-8, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14 and also the NT Acts 1:10-11, 3:19-21 and 1 Corinthians 15. Also I am interested in considering the Battle of Armageddon in Revelation 16:12-16 and comparing some of the OT prophecies that surround this event such Ezekiel 38, Daniel 11:40-45 and a few other passages. I suggest a proper understanding of these passages is needed first and then and only then should the details of Revelation 20 be compared. Have you properly considered these passages?

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

Greetings again EliG,
Have you consider Rev. 20? This topic is about it.
The title of your thread is "The millennium and the truths it teaches us (Rev.20)". It is true that the length of time "one thousand years" only appears in Revelation 20:4,6, but the subject is not confined to this portion of the Scriptures. That is why I nominated a few other passages that speak about the Millennium or the events that occur immediately before the Millennium. If we confine our consideration of the Millennium on Revelation 20 only then we may be in danger of imposing our theology upon these few verses. For example in your two posts you state the following:
Did you know that Revelation chapter 20 reveals to us many secrets about the future? For example, it tells us that after the rest of those who are going to be kings and priests with Christ are taken from earth to heaven
The first resurrection: which occurs exclusively to the brothers of Christ who are taken to heaven. .... They will rule from heaven during those thousand years with Jesus.
Where exactly does it say in Revelation 20 that the faithful are taken to heaven, and I may be in error here I assume that you are saying that they will be in heaven for duration of the 1000 years, or most of it. Revelation 20 does say that the faithful will be kings and priests with Jesus for the 1000 years. I suggest that Isaiah 2:1-4 indicates that they will be upon the earth with Jesus. Also the other mention of kings and priests in the Book of Revelation indicates that the faithful will be upon the earth:
Revelation 5:9–10 (KJV): 9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
Seeing that you have first stated in both posts that they are taken to heaven, then possibly we should resolve this first before proceeding to your other statements and deductions.
Do you know how to explain the order in which all these events will occur with biblical passages?
Well, I would start with Isaiah 2:1-4, but you seem to have objected to this.

Kind regards
Trevor

EliG

BANNED
Banned
Where exactly does it say in Revelation 20 that the faithful are taken to heaven, and I may be error here I assume that you are saying that they will be in heaven for duration of the 1000 years, or most of it.
Yeah, you're wrong. I never said that.
I suggest that Isaiah 2:1-4 indicates that they will be upon the earth with Jesus.
Nice suggestion, but that connection is just in your mind. Jesus and his brothers, the kings, will be in heaven forever (Rev. 3:12; Juan 14:1-3; 1 Thess. 4:17). They will be ruling from there, even if the benefits of their reign will fall on those who will inhabit the earth. That is why it can be understood that when "the heavenly Jerusalem descends to earth" it is in a metaphorical sense.

TrevorL

Greetings again EliG,
Yeah, you're wrong. I never said that.
If anything Revelation 20:9 indicates that the faithful will be upon the earth.
Nice suggestion, but that connection is just in your mind. Jesus and his brothers, the kings, will be in heaven forever
How do you understand Isaiah 2:1-4 and Revelation 5:9-10?

Kind regards
Trevor