Prayers during Epidemic

chair

I'm curious as to how group prayers are happening during the epidemic. (Please don't drag the 'there's no pandemic' argument into this thread- that's not the point, and there are plenty of threads about that).

For example: I have been participating in outdoor prayers since this began. These are mostly existing prayer groups that simply moved outside, though some are more spontaneous groups that meet in parking lots or parks. People are spaced apart, with masks. Note- for those who don't know, I am Jewish- but I think this question crosses religious lines.

So I am curious about other people's experiences.

chair

I pray every morning and evening. But not in a group.
I may be projecting Jewish patterns on others. Prayer as a group is considered important to us, and group activities have become problematic these days- thus the question.

Is your church open? Do you know if people get together there, either insides or outside?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I may be projecting Jewish patterns on others. Prayer as a group is considered important to us, and group activities have become problematic these days- thus the question.

Is your church open? Do you know if people get together there, either insides or outside?
Yes, it’s open. They’ve been having open-air masses but based on the recent SC decision I think they’re back to 25% indoor occupancy. The Bishop continues to dispense the Sunday obligation though and I’ve only been to maybe 5 masses since the beginning of Covid.

Lon

Many are doing this collectively through broadcasts as well. Not sure if that meets your 'together' litmus though?