"Pizza, bear and monster"

musterion

I'm probably the only one that thinks this is funny.

An amateur interpreter for the deaf was tapped at the last minute to provide sign language during a press conference — and things got out of hand.

Before Hurricane Irma ripped through Florida, Manatee County leaders were preparing to address the public with “crucial” information.

That’s when, “in a pinch,” they called Marshall Greene to communicate using sign language, according to WFLA.

Greene, a lifeguard for the county, veered off course when he began signing words like “pizza,” “bear,” and “monster,” among others — words that had nothing to do with the press conference.

“I knew something went horribly wrong,” Charlene McCarthy told WFLA. McCarthy owns VisCom, a company that regularly provides interpreters for the county.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/16/deaf-community-outraged-after-interpreter-signed-gibberish-before-irma/

Danoh

Reminds me of a certain, 40 years plus, amateur interpreter of the Scripture over on ECT - so yeah. :chuckle:

Danoh

You talking about me again? *sniff*

I was referring to Interplanner.

And he - is always going on about - his - forty years plus.

That in itself - was a distinction.

Rightly divide, bro, rightly divide...the things that differ :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8.

musterion

I knowed who you meant. I didn't know he says he's been "at this" (whatever "this" is) for 40+. I do know he's utterly humorless about himself. Sometimes I think he's a preter-bot.