Persecuted Christian Minorities

chair

There are persecuted Christians all over the world. The first example I can think of is the Copts in Egypt, but there are many others.

What examples can you think of? What can be done to help them?

eider

There are persecuted Christians all over the world. The first example I can think of is the Copts in Egypt, but there are many others.

There is Christian persecution in Japan, Nigeria, India and Pakistan.

I don't know the details.

eider

Chair, sadly there is persecution of folks all over the World and I for one feel most sad for anybody that is suffering persecution for any reason at all. The Tibetans spring to mind, Buddhists mostly. Sikhs have suffered dreadful mass killings in NW India before now but I don't know about the present situation.

Can I ask, what was it that directed your focus towards Christian persecutions?

chair

Chair, sadly there is persecution of folks all over the World and I for one feel most sad for anybody that is suffering persecution for any reason at all. The Tibetans spring to mind, Buddhists mostly. Sikhs have suffered dreadful mass killings in NW India before now but I don't know about the present situation.

Can I ask, what was it that directed your focus towards Christian persecutions?
I had noted, in a different thread, that (Christian) posters here on TOL don't seem to pay much attention to what is going on in other countries. Of course this holds until it fits their political agenda. Much criticism of President Biden over his Uyghur remarks- yet nothing is said about other persecuted minorities- even Christian ones.

eider

I had noted, in a different thread, that (Christian) posters here on TOL don't seem to pay much attention to what is going on in other countries. Of course this holds until it fits their political agenda. Much criticism of President Biden over his Uyghur remarks- yet nothing is said about other persecuted minorities- even Christian ones.
Well..... that's political tribal hatred for you.
Fascinating, but shocking.

Gary K

Banned
Revelation 15: 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
The Bible tells us that to be a Christian, a real one, is to face persecution from the world. Just as the world crucified the only morally perfect man that has ever lived on this earth they will do the same to His followers. So, since every Christian understand persecution is to be his destiny what's the point of focusing on it?

All you're doing, chair and eider, is demonstrating your complete lack of knowledge of Christianity. What's the point of complaining to the very people who are going to persecute you anyway? God has already told us what the future will bring. Yeah, pray for those being persecuted, but pray that their faith will sustain them. This life is only for getting to know God. It's eternity that counts. So if I'm persecuted and killed it's no big deal. God will give me the grace to endure in the time of need.

Don't deny that you will do it, for God has already foretold it. His prophecies are sure. Just realize that you will do what God says you will do even if you don't understand it at this time. You cannot override God's word. You're smaller than the ant in the ant and elephant analogy when compared to God. You're finite. God is infinite. No matter how you try to compare yourself to infinity you are infinitely smaller and less powerful than God.

eider

The Bible tells us that to be a Christian, a real one, is to face persecution from the world. Just as the world crucified the only morally perfect man that has ever lived on this earth they will do the same to His followers. So, since every Christian understand persecution is to be his destiny what's the point of focusing on it?

All you're doing, chair and eider, is demonstrating your complete lack of knowledge of Christianity.
We're not Christians.

What's the point of complaining to the very people who are going to persecute you anyway? God has already told us what the future will bring. Yeah, pray for those being persecuted, but pray that their faith will sustain them. This life is only for getting to know God. It's eternity that counts. So if I'm persecuted and killed it's no big deal. God will give me the grace to endure in the time of need.
Oh please, you're the biggest howling moaner on TOL.
And you would, if you could, subject us all to your ideas about truth and reason.
Don't deny that you will do it, for God has already foretold it. His prophecies are sure. Just realize that you will do what God says you will do even if you don't understand it at this time. You cannot override God's word. You're smaller than the ant in the ant and elephant analogy when compared to God. You're finite. God is infinite. No matter how you try to compare yourself to infinity you are infinitely smaller and less powerful than God.
You don't have to try and tell a Deist about the size of God.
And although you claim to be a Christian I doubt that your grasp of the gospels is any better than mine.

eider

This is the horror that is called 'Christianity'- at least to some.
Well, that's ffreeloader's version. Most British Christians that I know are really decent folks, without all the hatred and bigotry.

And I knew Rabbi Lionel Blue, mentor to the Late Baron Lord Jonathan Sachs. I know how absolutely amazing Judaism and Jews can be. He founded the BBC 'Thought for today' program', 'International Religious Conventions' and more. And although it might disappoint some to hear, he buried my Christian father in full Rabbinical attire at Colchester Jan, 1984 .... a somewhat worried Baron Sachs attended as well! Ah yes..... I have known some wonderful Jews as well.

chair

Well, that's ffreeloader's version. Most British Christians that I know are really decent folks, without all the hatred and bigotry.

And I knew Rabbi Lionel Blue, mentor to the Late Baron Lord Jonathan Sachs. I know how absolutely amazing Judaism and Jews can be. He founded the BBC 'Thought for today' program', 'International Religious Conventions' and more. And although it might disappoint some to hear, he buried my Christian father in full Rabbinical attire at Colchester Jan, 1984 .... a somewhat worried Baron Sachs attended as well! Ah yes..... I have known some wonderful Jews as well.
Believe me- we are not all wonderful, though I think we have what to be proud of.