PastorKevin's Subscriber Posts of the Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

When the year began, I didn't envision making my own list of "Posts of the year". But a lot of posts won PK SPOTD's this year. So for fun and for kicks and for honoring great posts (and to warm everyone up for the real POTY awards) , I will now provide my FIRST ANNUAL:

PK SUBSCRIBER POSTS OF THE YEAR FOR 2007!!!!!

Coming in at #10

Cattyfan with THIS post

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by PlastikBuddha
Assuming anyone cares or should care what you think is a sin is. Even your God generously "allows" people to live as they choose.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cattyfan said:
It's not about what I think is a sin...it's about what God knows is a sin.

And, yes, God allows people to live as they choose...and if they choose to sin without repentance, and they don't believe in Christ, then they have chosen to spend eternity in Hell. By their own foolish choice.

PKevman

AT #9:

KNIGHT OPENS UP A CAN OF OPEN VIEW WHOOP BOOTY ON LON WITH THIS POST:

Lon said:
Knight, all these are the same Hebrew word ( נחם
nâcham) 'to sigh.'

The Hebrew word nacham means repent.

After all Lon, you use the word nacham to mean repent in 1st Samuel 15:29 right?

1 Samuel 15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.​
Lon, notice how you want your cake and you want to eat it as well? You try to tell us that nacham means "to sigh" (as if that would somewhow help your point) in the dozens of verses where God repents, yet nacham means "repent" in couple verses where God doesn't repent. Your bias for your own theology hurts your credibility.

The settled viewer interprets the word "nacham" to squeeze into his preconceived theology, while the open viewer justly interprets the nacham as written.

The answer to 1st Samuel 15 (and the word "nacham") is simple if you have not ax to grind.

I Samuel 15... the "repent sandwich".

Here we find two verses stating God repented wrapped around one verse stating He won't repent. So what does it all mean?​

1Samuel 15:11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king

1Samuel 15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.​

1Samuel 15:35 ...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.​

It's pretty simple really... God repented that He made Saul king (God changed His mind about making Saul king). Saul begged God to pardon him. God said nope I am NOT repenting on my judgement against Saul. Finally God reiterated and affirmed that He repented from making Saul king.​

A classic example of God demonstrating His ability to repent yet also His ability to not repent on specific judgments if He so chooses.​

PKevman

PK SPOTY #8

PK SPOTY #8

#8 goes to Dying Star for this on why Jesus is better than Beer (and AMEN to that!):

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by wannabeme
10. No one will kill you for not drinking Beer.

9. Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.

8. Beer has never caused a major war.

7. They don't force Beer on minors who can't think for themselves.

6. When you have Beer, you don't knock on people's doors trying to make them drink it.

5. Nobody's ever been burned at the stake, hanged, or tortured over their brand of Beer.

4. You don't have to wait more than 2,000 years for a second Beer.

3. There are laws saying that Beer labels can't lie to you.

2. If you've devoted your life to Beer, there are groups to help you stop.

1. You can prove you have a Beer.

...Don't take it personally. Just laugh and go on about your day. What would our world be without humor?

Dying_Star said:
10 Reasons Jesus is Better than Beer

10.) Jesus will not poison your bloodstream

9.) Jesus doesn't put you in situations where you have sex without realizing what you are doing

8.) Jesus has never caused a major physical war either (it's Charlemagne you're probably thinking of)

7.) Jesus doesn't force Himself on anyone

6.) When you have Jesus, you don't stick pictures of half-naked people on billboards to advertise Him.

5.) No one has had to get their stomach pumped, lost their families because a thinking-impaired idiot ran into them on the road, gotten pregnant/gotten someone pregnant unknowingly, or become a drunken bum living in the street because of Jesus.

4.) You don't have to wait 1 millisecond to be with Jesus, because He's always right there.

3.) God is not a man that He should lie--Numbers 23:19

2.) If you devote your life to Jesus, there is FREEDOM (John 8:36), so you don't have to go to useless support groups to be rid of your addictions

1.) You can prove you have Jesus.

I can't not take something personal when it slaps my personal Savior in the face. Our world would be a lot less disgusting without what you perceive as humor.
<!-- / message -->

PKevman

#7 GOES TO SHADOWMAID HERE FOR EXPOSING THE SILLINESS OF ONE OF THOSE POPULAR HOMESCHOOL OBJECTIONS:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by The Barbarian
I wish it was. Every year we read about people who think their kids are going to be corrupted by the world, and lock them in the house.
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Shadowmaid
Everyone gets this wrong about Dad. We go to a lot of places. Because Dad locks us in the trunk, we have the opportunity to travel.

PKevman

PK SPOTY #6

PK SPOTY #6

#6 GOES TO MYSTERY FOR THIS SHORT BUT GREAT SUMMARY OF WHAT CHRIST DID FOR US:

Mystery said:
You know what, technically, even if Christians do sin, Jesus took all our sins away. Past, present, and future.

Jesus alone, is Savior, Redeemer, and Lord!
<!-- / message -->

WELL SAID!!!!

PKevman

PK SPOTY #5

PK SPOTY #5

#5 GOES TO AMR NOT FOR ANY OF HIS DEFENSES OF CALVINISM BUT FOR THIS SIDESPLITTING BIT OF CALVINIST HUMOR:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by pastorkevin
We just got a new puppy and we are having a very hard time naming him. He has already had about 10 names in the week we have had him. He is a Shetland Sheepdog, so he will always stay pretty small. I will post some pics here and please let me know what suggestions you have.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Ask Mr Religion
Calvin sounds like the most appropriate name. God wills it! :think:

drbrumley

#5 GOES TO AMR NOT FOR ANY OF HIS DEFENSES OF CALVINISM BUT FOR THIS HILARIOUS POST:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by pastorkevin
We just got a new puppy and we are having a very hard time naming him. He has already had about 10 names in the week we have had him. He is a Shetland Sheepdog, so he will always stay pretty small. I will post some pics here and please let me know what suggestions you have.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Ask Mr Religion
Calvin sounds like the most appropriate name. God wills it! :think:

You actually didnt name the dog Calvin did you?

PKevman

In choosing these, I have seen first hand how hard the TOL staff must have it in picking their top picks every year. So many great posts and posters to choose from........

PKevman

PK'S SPOTY #4!!!

PK'S SPOTY #4!!!

#4 GOES TO POLY FOR THIS SMACKTABULOUS POST:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Poly
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the site
Not a creature was spamming, try as they might,

The spammers were hung by a big rope with care,
In hopes that they'd cease, they hadn't a prayer,

The smackers were nestled all snug in there threads,
While visions of righteousness danced in their heads,

And Knight in his armour all ready to smack,
He lowered the boom, no bravery he lacked,

When out in a forum there rose such a clatter,
I sprang from the shoutbox to see what's the matter,

Away to the forums I flew like a flash
Clete was already there, boy did he dash

Calvies bombarded sometime in the night
They thought they could show up and give us a fright

When what to my wondering eyes should appear
Godfreeswill came along and brought them to tears

Many great smackers so sharp and so quick
showed up just in time to give them a kick

Rapid as eagles some homosexuals came
But just as always Crash smacked them the same

Now Delmar, now Nineveh, now D2I and PastorKevin,
Smacked on the unrighteous in hopes they'd see Heaven,

To the top of the rep list, Red77 did go,
But how he actually got there, we all really know,

And then in a twinkling, I heard justice being defended,
I saw it was Turbo, his arguments transcended,

As I became startled and was turning around,
I saw some pro-choicers, they came with a bound,

Dressed in sheer wickedness from head to foot
Their hearts were all tarnished with ashes and soot

A bundle of smackers flung on their backs
Being sure to tell them just what were the facts

Their eyes, how wicked how cruel and how mean
How quickly DXpose came to the scene.

Evil was conquered, Unrighteousness defeated
The smackers rose victoriously, their task now completed

Knight was now pleased as he logged off out of sight
"Merry smacking to all and to all a goodnight."

PKevman

PK SPOTY #3!!!

PK SPOTY #3!!!

#3 GOES TO PASTOR BOB ENYART FOR THIS SMACKDOWN OF MORAL RELATIVISM AND LEGAL POSITIVISM:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Bob Enyart
Here's an example of moral relativism and legal positivism...
Originally Posted by Steve Wetzel: This case could not have over ruled Roe vs. Wade... As much as I would have loved to see Roe v. Wade over turned, that would have required judicial activism - the very thing we have been complaining... about...

I asked a question that Steve replied to but didn't answer: Hello Steve! So, when did you become a moral relativist, and a legal positivist? Just wondering... the year that is. I'm curious. Thanks, -Bob

Steve's reply did not answer:

Steve, I have no idea what you're talking about, and I am really interested in your reply. Here are some suggestions as to how you could be responsive to my hope to understand:

* I know that moral relativism is wrong because...
* I believe moral relativism is acceptable because biblically...
* I am not a moral relativist because...
* I am a moral relativist, and that is biblically acceptable because...
* My statement above does not indicate moral relativism because...
* Bob, what do you mean by moral relativism, as you use it here...

These are some ways that might help us directly address my accusation, that you have become a moral relativist. I do not believe that you have held this position throughout your Christian life and from the beginning of your pro-life activism. I truly am interested to know, perhaps you can do some reflecting and recall for yourself, what year you became a moral relativist? I will give you my answer to this question about you: I think you were led down the path of moral relativism the year you first supported child-killing regulations.

In Christ,

Bob Enyart

PKevman

PK'S SPOTY #2!!!

PK'S SPOTY #2!!!

AND THE #2 SUBSCRIBER'S POST OF THE YEAR JUST CAME IN TODAY AND SHOT ITS WAY UP THE RANKS IN NO TIME BECAUSE IT'S AN INSTANT TOL CLASSIC FROM KNIGHT WHO IN THIS POST OFFERS SOME GOSPEL TRUTH TO A PERVERT:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Persephone66
One thing I still don't understand after all the banter is how what I do with a consenting adult of legal age affects my abilities as a teacher.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Knight
Your perversion doesn't affect your ability to teach (at least not the mechanics of teaching) if you think that has been the point of this thread you are frightfully off-base.

Instead... your perversion is a character trait that should cause reasonable parents not to entrust their children to you. My kids play ice-hockey and if I found out their coach had sex with other men and dressed up like a lady I would take them off the team. Not because the coach couldn't coach but because I don't want my kids hanging around a pervert.

Furthermore... when we ignore your perversion we affirm your perversion through our apathy which is hurtful to you. I don't want you to die young and I certainly don't want to see you spend an eternity with the burden of your sin crushing down upon you. I don't want you to wake up every morning feeling guilty and dirty. I want you to know that you are an abomination to God, the same God who created the atom and bound the universe! Yet God loves you.... He wants to you to repent and come to Him. There is always room for repentance. Don't throw away your life!! Your life decisions do not effect only you. Your decisions effect your family, your friends, and your students in ways that aren't always visible to the eye.<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

PKevman

PK'S SPOTY #1 POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

PK'S SPOTY #1 POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

IT WAS REALLY TOUGH TO PICK FROM SO MANY GREAT POSTS, BUT MY #1 SPOTY GOES TO CHATMAGGOT FOR THIS OUTSTANDING POST AND YOUTUBE VIDEO!!!!

Chatmaggot said:
<TABLE class=tborder id=post1564960 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_postbit_1564960><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1564960 vAlign=top height="100%">October 28th, 2007, 06:06 PM <!-- / status icon and date -->

<HR>

<!-- message -->To Ask Mr. Religion and Nang,

I was disturbed by the fact that you two believe that every evil and wicked thing that happens is a result of Gods will (God wants it to happen).

It was claimed by Ask Mr. Religion that:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"God’s creatures can do what they want, but what they want is determined by God in advance..." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This just does not make sense. In response I claimed that it seemed so wrong to me. To which Nang replied:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"It doesn't matter how it "seems" to you, or how you "feel" about it . . . it is biblical." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Nang then claimed that because I didn't believe the way you two do I was a vessel of wrath:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"If you refuse to believe these truths found in the Word of God, you exhibit the mindset of an unbelieving atheist and vessel of wrath" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I then stated how wicked it was to claim that God is responsible for all the wickedness and evil in the world.

Ask Mr. Religion replied that:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"God is sovereign and has ordained all things….Therefore it is good that evil exists." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This literally made me sick to my stomach. It is as if you think that God NEEDS evil for His goodness to be made known. This is so silly. God was good before the fall…when there was no evil.

Nang then replied with an odd statement:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"He sees all that transpires . . .even on these (asinine) discussion groups." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This is odd because Nang not only believes that God sees all that transpires (which I agree with)…but that He predestined all to happen from eternity past!

Because of this I think it is odd that Nang and Ask Mr. Religion get upset with people on this thread because everything that people write was destined to be done from before the foundation of the world! How can you get upset with someone when they are doing that which God wants them to do?

Remember, it was you Mr. Religion that stated:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"God’s creatures can do what they want, but what they want is determined by God in advance..." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
So, I have waited to post for a few days to think about what I should do. I thought about what it was that God had destined me to do from eternity past.

What I did was to make a little video so that I can post it here to help people understand the views of Nang and Ask Mr. Religion (and Pastor Cook http://www.unchainedradio.com/new/index.php).

It was put together rather quickly so it may be kind of cheesy…but I just wanted to help spread the "truths" of what Nang and Mr. Religion teach:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"God is sovereign and has ordained all things….Therefore it is good that evil exists." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"It doesn't matter how it "seems" to you, or how you "feel" about it . . . it is biblical." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- Start Youtube BBCODE --><TABLE class=tborder style="MARGIN: 10px 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width=400 border=0><THEAD><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2>It is Good </TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD><EMBED src="" width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash iUgx4KTiHpg v www.youtube.com http:></EMBED></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- End Youtube BBCODE -->
<!-- / message -->​
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 vAlign=top>

PKevman

Thanks to everyone for a great and enjoyable year posting on this oustanding board. God bless you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.