PastorKevin's SPOTD 8/13/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

The award goes to Knight for THIS:

The Hebrew word nacham means repent.

After all Lon, you use the word nacham to mean repent in 1st Samuel 15:29 right?

1 Samuel 15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.​
Lon, notice how you want your cake and you want to eat it as well? You try to tell us that nacham means "to sigh" (as if that would somewhow help your point) in the dozens of verses where God repents, yet nacham means "repent" in couple verses where God doesn't repent. Your bias for your own theology hurts your credibility.

The settled viewer interprets the word "nacham" to squeeze into his preconceived theology, while the open viewer justly interprets the nacham as written.

The answer to 1st Samuel 15 (and the word "nacham") is simple if you have not ax to grind.

I Samuel 15... the "repent sandwich".

Here we find two verses stating God repented wrapped around one verse stating He won't repent. So what does it all mean?

1Samuel 15:11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king

1Samuel 15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.

1Samuel 15:35 ...and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

It's pretty simple really... God repented that He made Saul king (God changed His mind about making Saul king). Saul begged God to pardon him. God said nope I am NOT repenting on my judgement against Saul. Finally God reiterated and affirmed that He repented from making Saul king.

A classic example of God demonstrating His ability to repent yet also His ability to not repent on specific judgments if He so chooses.​

:first:

CONTEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.