Open Theism Seminar with Bob Enyart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

I just got my copy of the Bob Enyart OT seminar (held right here in Indianapolis). Let me just say that it is quite good. It was great to be there, but it is great to see it on DVD too. The video production is of extremely high quality I think, and I was duly impressed. I love the way the different topics are indexed for easy reference. This is a good, good, tool for learning and defending the open view. I HIGHLY reccommend it!

(And not just because PastorKevin actually appears in the video, either) :)

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Can you link some info about it or how to get it? Did he stick to OT only or was it a 'Plot/MAD' promo also? Most academic Open Theists would not agree with his MAD, a separate dispensational issue that is not mainstream OT.

PKevman

Can you link some info about it or how to get it? Did he stick to OT only or was it a 'Plot/MAD' promo also? Most academic Open Theists would not agree with his MAD, a separate dispensational issue that is not mainstream OT.

Bob even made a point during the seminar to point out that dispensationalism and Open View are two different things. The seminar was about the Open View, and was sensational!

HERE is a link for it. (And for $39.99 it's a bargain in my book!)

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Bob even made a point during the seminar to point out that dispensationalism and Open View are two different things. The seminar was about the Open View, and was sensational!

HERE is a link for it. (And for $39.99 it's a bargain in my book!)

Sounds good, even for a Canadian$. Does he quote or refer to other authors like Boyd or Sanders, or is it just his ideas?

Can you give us a bit of an outline of the discs? Topics? Your summary of contents or is it somewhere on the website?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sounds good, even for a Canadian$. Does he quote or refer to other authors like Boyd or Sanders, or is it just his ideas?

Can you give us a bit of an outline of the discs? Topics? Your summary of contents or is it somewhere on the website?

Just bite the bullet and send for it! Bob offers a money back guaranty for all his materials.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Just bite the bullet and send for it! Bob offers a money back guaranty for all his materials.

Just curious about the contents to whet my appetite. I would also be unlikely to return something due to shipping and integrity.

PKevman

I don't know if it would be right to list the index on here. If Bob agrees, then I would be willing to do it.

I did give a summary of it, and think it is a great tool for learning and defending the Open View. Godrulz, even if the seminar contained a few things that come from a dispensational view, why would you care? Are you that worried that your views on that subject might be destroyed? :think:

Seriously, the entire seminar was purely about the Open View, not about Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

PKevman

If I recall correctly, Boyd was mentioned, at some point, by someone.

I think it was Adam that asked a question towards the end about whether the approaches of Open Theists in the past have clouded the issue or caused difficulty in defending the position to people.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Seriously, the entire seminar was purely about the Open View, not about Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

I would not have a problem and would consider it a bonus to get some dispensational views.

I am just wondering how helpful it is in light of the books I have already read on the subject. Is it simplistic or does it have some depth?

PKevman

I would not have a problem and would consider it a bonus to get some dispensational views.

I am just wondering how helpful it is in light of the books I have already read on the subject. Is it simplistic or does it have some depth?

It is simplistic and has depth as well. If you have read the Battle Royale Bob did, it is better than the BR in my opinion. (And BR X was pretty good)

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
It is simplistic and has depth as well. If you have read the Battle Royale Bob did, it is better than the BR in my opinion. (And BR X was pretty good)
Yes, the seminar addresses the favorite verses of the settled view. Many of those verses were not covered in the Battle Royale because Lamerson never raised them.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just curious about the contents to whet my appetite. I would also be unlikely to return something due to shipping and integrity.
Since Bob makes the offer "if you don't like it, send it back", If you don't like it, there would be no integrity issue! Shipping is not much on a DVD.

PKevman

Thela & Godrulz, there are many, many threads on this forum for debating and defending the Open View.

I started this thread soley to promote and encourage people to get their hands on this video and watch it. Please take the debate to another thread.

Thanks! :up:

PKevman

Or for those who have actually watched the video and have questions or comments about it, this would be a good place also.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So discussion is closed unless one is in agreement.
Yes and No! Pastor K asked you nicely to take it elsewhere, so I will split this thread for you, and you can keep up with your objections. Hows that?

I started the new thread here

zapp

Aaarrrghhhhh... This whole arena needs much better definitions. "Settled" vs. "Open" in and of itself is a liability. One cannot squeeze an accurate view into either bucket.

Someone smarter than me [which includes the vast majority]... what term adequately describes the view that ALL things... ALL events, .... ALL happenings.... ALL Beings .... ALL Motives and Modus .... are in the express Control of the Father of Jesus.???????

This subject has such heightened import in our current world.... Some study I have been doing on Government, Leaders, Political Parties.... Their worldview in some cases is entirely based on an incomplete understanding of this topic, and it affects nations, people groups, warfare, lives by the millions.... international intrigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.