ECT No Grand Miracle that favors Israel in its land as 'mercy'

Interplanner

There is nowhere in the NT where some grand miracle of mercy is found in favoring Israel to be back in their land. An event like that cannot possibly compete with the mercy that is already in Christ, and we see in Rom 11:30 that God has shown that mercy to all who believe. There is no favoritism with God and there is no reference to the land in the NT that comes anywhere close to the Gospel.

SaulToPaul 2

The bigger question for IP:

Why do you not want the earth, the City, and the heavens filled with God's people for all of eternity?
That is what this boils down to. And you are in cahoots with Satan in not wanting it to happen.

Interplanner

The NT does not solve the 'problem' of the 'failed' word of God (Rom 3:3, ch 9) with a 'grand miracle' of restoration of the land. That is not what Rom 11 is saying. Otherwise 12:1 would not have concluded and applied the arrival of the mercy of God as it does. It would have mentioned the land promise to Israel again.

SaulToPaul 2

The NT does not solve the 'problem' of the 'failed' word of God (Rom 3:3, ch 9) with a 'grand miracle' of restoration of the land. That is not what Rom 11 is saying. Otherwise 12:1 would not have concluded and applied the arrival of the mercy of God as it does. It would have mentioned the land promise to Israel again.

Show us the land cancellation in the NT and we will shut up.

I will wait. Forever.

Interplanner

Correction: 12:1 referred to mercies (plural) of God. That would be to both Jew and Gentile already in the Gospel. Not anything separate for Israel. Not worth mentioning there or anywhere that any 2P2P person has ever shown, except poor homework on Rom 11:26, their last and very isolated hope.

SaulToPaul 2

Correction: 12:1 referred to mercies (plural) of God. That would be to both Jew and Gentile already in the Gospel. Not anything separate for Israel. Not worth mentioning there or anywhere that any 2P2P person has ever shown, except poor homework on Rom 11:26, their last and very isolated hope.
Show us the land cancellation in the NT and we will shut up.

I will wait. Forever.

Interplanner

Mercy expressed again in Rom 15:9 and it is the blessing of justification (is Must listening--who said this morning that I don't know the gospel of justification?) for the nations.

The ruling root of Jesse is Christ and his reign is now in operation, v12 (Is 11).

Danoh

The bigger question for IP:

Why do you not want the earth, the City, and the heavens filled with God's people for all of eternity?
That is what this boils down to. And you are in cahoots with Satan in not wanting it to happen.

It is not that he does not want your above, but that he does not see it; due to his approach.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

There is nowhere in the NT where some grand miracle of mercy is found in favoring Israel to be back in their land.

Does your Bible not have the Scriptures found in the OT? Do they not count? Let us look at the "land" promises of God under the Davidic covenant:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! Therefore we can understand that the Lord has made promises to David in respect to the promised land that have not yet been fulfilled. There has never been a time when the children of Israel have been brought back to the promised land and have not "been pulled up out of their land" (unless that is being fulfilled now).

Besides that, the LORD said that He would keep the promises which He made to David and would not "alter" them:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps.89:3,33-35).​

The children of Israel will be brought back to the promised land and they will not be moved from that land.

There is nothing you can do to change that!

Interplanner

Does your Bible not have the Scriptures found in the OT? Do they not count? Let us look at the "land" promises of God under the Davidic covenant:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! Therefore we can understand that the Lord has made promises to David in respect to the promised land that have not yet been fulfilled. There has never been a time when the children of Israel have been brought back to the promised land and have not "been pulled up out of their land" (unless that is being fulfilled now).

Besides that, the LORD said that He would keep the promises which He made to David and would not "alter" them:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps.89:3,33-35).​

The children of Israel will be brought back to the promised land and they will not be moved from that land.

There is nothing you can do to change that!

You don't listen Jerry. NT!!!

But even without that, look at Dan 9. Why doesn't he mention this great restoration? Messiah gets done what he is supposed to, but the answer to Israel's question, YOUR QUESTION, is destruction.

I'm looking for 100% clear NT validation of what you think. Conversely, since they don't do that, the burning question is why?

Because if we know Hebrews and Ephesians THERE IS NO NEED. It is irrelevant. You simply don't know Eph 2-3 and how it answers the 'need' to provide fulfillment to Israel, nor do you know Acts 13. NT!!!

Interplanner

If you have followed the thread at all, you know that God's mercy to both Jew and Gentile has been spelled out, and we are to act on that ( ch 12), and Paul provided 4 quotes to show that Christ's mercy is exciting to the Gentiles because it blesses them too. And it includes Christ being the ruler of Is 11 (15:12)

SaulToPaul 2

You don't listen Jerry. NT!!!

But even without that, look at Dan 9. Why doesn't he mention this great restoration? Messiah gets done what he is supposed to, but the answer to Israel's question, YOUR QUESTION, is destruction.

I'm looking for 100% clear NT validation of what you think. Conversely, since they don't do that, the burning question is why?

Because if we know Hebrews and Ephesians THERE IS NO NEED. It is irrelevant. You simply don't know Eph 2-3 and how it answers the 'need' to provide fulfillment to Israel, nor do you know Acts 13. NT!!!

Made up.

Interplanner

So our apostles are just absent minded and never mentioned the land promise all over again, anywhere, when discussion the mercy of God in Christ, and the history or destiny of Israel like Acts 13, 26. they just plum forgot.

Interplanner

Should only take one time.

We have to listen to Christ with finality. The end of the ages came in him. He is the inheritor of all things. There is no validation of a future in the land of Israel in Christ's teaching nor in the apostles. I know you can haul out 20 OT texts. So can I. But there are 2500 uses of the OT by the NT, and your little club believes in disregarding those.

And then there is RD who has his own secret def of the NT!