NFL player: I'll retire before allowing anyone to force me to take the vaccine

marke

Good for him. I love to see Americans take strong stands in defence of God-given rights and freedoms.

Buffalo Bills player Cole Beasley made clear his pro-freedom position to the NFL and NFLPA in regards to their new vaccine protocol, and said he would rather give up playing than get the COVID-19 shots.
“I will be outside doing what I do. I’ll be out in public. If you’re scared of me then steer clear, or get vaccinated,” the NFL player wrote on Twitter, “I may die of covid, but I’d rather die actually living.”
The 32-year-old wide receiver’s message comes as the league, which has been steadily losing viewership for the 9th consecutive year, has updated their vaccine protocols, which don’t say that vaccination is mandatory but order unvaccinated members to be tested daily for COVID-19, wear masks while in team facilities, and not talk to anyone outside of their traveling team while on the road.

expos4ever

Yup, when I need expert advice from a duly qualified medical professional on matters of vaccine safety, the first person whose opinion I will solicit is always a man who makes his living fighting over an inflated pigskin, and who may not be able to count beyond the number printed on the back of his jersey.

I am not saying football players cannot know things other than football - I am quite sure NFL players can speak with authority on matters such as break and enter and sexual assault.

marke

Yup, when I need expert advice from a duly qualified medical professional on matters of vaccine safety, the first person whose opinion I will solicit is always a man who makes his living fighting over an inflated pigskin, and who may not be able to count beyond the number printed on the back of his jersey.

I am not saying football players cannot know things other than football - I am quite sure NFL players can speak with authority on matters such as break and enter and sexual assault.
Millions of Americans are fully relying on the advice of the man who helped invent the virus and then lied about his involvement in the origin of the fiasco.

expos4ever

Millions of Americans are fully relying on the advice of the man who helped invent the virus and then lied about his involvement in the origin of the fiasco.
I know that you consider yourself somehow exempt from the obligation to defend your claims with actual evidence. But in case others are reading along, I will remind them that neither you, nor anyone else, has produced any actual evidence that Dr. Fauci bears any responsibility for the virus.

And, yes, I will trust Dr. Fauci over Cole Beasley. Here are their respective educational qualifications:

Anthony Fauci: MD degree from Cornell, first in his class.
Cole Beasley: cannot even find what his degree is in.

marke

I know that you consider yourself somehow exempt from the obligation to defend your claims with actual evidence. But in case others are reading along, I will remind them that neither you, nor anyone else, has produced any actual evidence that Dr. Fauci bears any responsibility for the virus.

And, yes, I will trust Dr. Fauci over Cole Beasley. Here are their respective educational qualifications:

Anthony Fauci: MD degree from Cornell, first in his class.
Cole Beasley: cannot even find what his degree is in.
Honoring Fauci is a lot like honoring Hitler. Both men were unworthy of any honor but that did not stop their admirers from seeing the best in them.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I don't honor those who disrespect the flag, call all whites racists, commit voter fraud, burn down buildings after they loot them, and so forth.

Right... an NFL player is doing all that when he takes a knee... :rolleyes:

I knew you wouldn't accord him a strong stand in defense of his rights and freedoms unless it was according to your standards. You still want to define for someone else what their strong stand should look like. Hypocrisy. And so forth.

marke

Right... an NFL player is doing all that when he takes a knee... :rolleyes:

I knew you wouldn't accord him a strong stand in defense of his rights and freedoms unless it was according to your standards. You still want to define for someone else what their strong stand should look like. Hypocrisy. And so forth.
Take a knee or not, what difference does it make? Unless, of course, the player is trying to send a message that he condemns America for some stupid reason by taking a knee and if he does that he is a moron.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Take a knee or not, what difference does it make? Unless, of course, the player is trying to send a message that he condemns America for some stupid reason by taking a knee and if he does that he is a moron.

It makes a lot of difference to people like you.