Like California, Washington State will shed its biggest business in time. Seattle tax

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Before the state of Washington purges its businesses like California did with Toyota, Nestle, and others, Seattle itself will purge its more prominent citizens to the suburbs with a 2.25% tax on income, but only for those above 250,000. As if the residents won't relocate outside the tax zone.

The Seattle City Council unanimously approved an income tax on wealthy residents Monday, a move widely expected to draw a quick legal challenge.

The measure applies a 2.25 percent tax on total income above $250,000 for individuals and above $500,000 for married couples filing their taxes together.

“Seattle should serve everyone, not just rich folks,” software developer Carissa Knipe told the council before the 9-0 vote, saying she makes more than $170,000 per year.

“I would love to be taxed,” the 24-year-old from Ballard testified, drawing applause from a room packed with supporters of the tax.​

You would love to be taxed more? Really? So we can see your 1040 and charitable donations since you want to do more? Do you just love how this article is presented by the left?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Before the state of Washington purges its businesses like California did with Toyota, Nestle, and others, Seattle itself will purge its more prominent citizens to the suburbs with a 2.25% tax on income, but only for those above 250,000. As if the residents won't relocate outside the tax zone.

The Seattle City Council unanimously approved an income tax on wealthy residents Monday, a move widely expected to draw a quick legal challenge.

The measure applies a 2.25 percent tax on total income above $250,000 for individuals and above $500,000 for married couples filing their taxes together.

“Seattle should serve everyone, not just rich folks,” software developer Carissa Knipe told the council before the 9-0 vote, saying she makes more than $170,000 per year.

“I would love to be taxed,” the 24-year-old from Ballard testified, drawing applause from a room packed with supporters of the tax.​

You would love to be taxed more? Really? So we can see your 1040 and charitable donations since you want to do more? Do you just love how this article is presented by the left?

They are too brain dead to realize that people can move away. Then they will write articles bemoaning how them moving away caused racism and trouble for others.

rexlunae

Seattle is a beautiful, vibrant city, which people will pay a premium to live in. I don't know how the court challenges will turn out, but I don't think it's necessarily a deal-breaker. People already pay a lot to live there regardless.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
My son's at Bremerton when he's not at sea

He's not all that impressed by Seattle :idunno:

He thought Seoul was pretty cool

rexlunae

My son's at Bremerton when he's not at sea

He's not all that impressed by Seattle :idunno:

He thought Seoul was pretty cool

Seattle is pretty small for a world city, certainly compared to Seoul, but it's hard to beat the air quality in an urban environment.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seattle is a beautiful, vibrant city, which people will pay a premium to live in.

Like in California?

Japanese automaker Toyota, which is consolidating its North American headquarters in Plano over the next couple of years, is one of those companies. The company is leaving Torrance, California, and two other locations to set up shop in Plano, where it will employ 4,000.

It’s typical for companies leaving California to experience operating cost savings of 20 up to 35 percent, Vranich said. He said in an email to the Dallas Business Journal that he considers the results of the seven-year, 378-page study “astonishing.”

“I even wonder if some kind of ‘business migration history’ has been made,” Vranich wrote in his note.​

rexlunae

Like in California?

Japanese automaker Toyota, which is consolidating its North American headquarters in Plano over the next couple of years, is one of those companies. The company is leaving Torrance, California, and two other locations to set up shop in Plano, where it will employ 4,000.

It’s typical for companies leaving California to experience operating cost savings of 20 up to 35 percent, Vranich said. He said in an email to the Dallas Business Journal that he considers the results of the seven-year, 378-page study “astonishing.”

“I even wonder if some kind of ‘business migration history’ has been made,” Vranich wrote in his note.​

Oh, you meant a new one. This one is only $26,000,000,000 company. Who needed them, right?

California isn't for every company, or every person. It's an expensive place to operate. But I'm not too worried for the state. The state economy is strong, and growing.