Leopard's Spots

WeberHome

Jer 13:23a . . Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots?

The answer to both those questions is of course "no" because if an h.sapiens is born with black skin, it stays black; and if a cat is born with spotted fur, its stays spotted. In other words: the color of an Ethiopian's skin, and the spots on a leopard's fur, are indelible; they're permanent.

Jer 13:23b . . Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

The apostle Paul said something similar in Rom 7:7-24; which is pretty much summed up in verse 18, which reads thus:

"I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh"

The Greek word for "flesh" is sarx (sarx); which basically indicates the meaty parts of either man or beast; i.e. the body. The meaty parts of course consist of not only muscle and fat; but also the organs and the brain and the nervous system along with the eyes, the ears, and the tongue. Those are all "meaty" parts.

What Paul is saying in Rom 7:7-24 is that the human body has a will of its own, and it quite naturally, and quite intrinsically, has a predilection for evil instead of good. In other words; any man who would be 100% righteous is in for a fight against nature, i.e. a fight against his own self-- an inner conflict that (speaking from experience) can lead to a mental disorder or a nervous breakdown.

Ironically, should someone manage to succeed in a war with themselves, in the long run it will be for naught because all they will have done is suppress their body's natural predilection for evil rather than get rid it.
_

TrevorL

Greetings WeberHome,
What Paul is saying in Rom 7:7-24 is that the human body has a will of its own, and it quite naturally, and quite intrinsically, has a predilection for evil instead of good. In other words; any man who would be 100% righteous is in for a fight against nature, i.e. a fight against his own self-- an inner conflict that (speaking from experience) can lead to a mental disorder or a nervous breakdown.

Ironically, should someone manage to succeed in a war with themselves, in the long run it will be for naught because all they will have done is suppress their body's natural predilection for evil rather than get rid it.
Yes, I agree with what you say, but Paul moves on in Romans 7:25 and Romans 8:1-4 to speak of the victory wrought in Christ and that we can walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

Kind regards
Trevor

God's Truth

The answer to both those questions is of course "no" because if an h.sapiens is born with black skin, it stays black; and if a cat is born with spotted fur, its stays spotted. In other words: the color of an Ethiopian's skin, and the spots on a leopard's fur, are indelible; they're permanent.

Jer 13:23b . . Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

The scripture says those WHO ARE ACCUSTOMED TO DOING ONLY EVIL can't change.

Not all are only accustomed to doing evil.

The apostle Paul said something similar in Rom 7:7-24; which is pretty much summed up in verse 18, which reads thus:

"I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh"

The Greek word for "flesh" is sarx (sarx); which basically indicates the meaty parts of either man or beast; i.e. the body. The meaty parts of course consist of not only muscle and fat; but also the organs and the brain and the nervous system along with the eyes, the ears, and the tongue. Those are all "meaty" parts.

_

You preach and don't engage in conversation. You shouldn't just preach since you don't know the Truth well enough.

The Bible says it is NOT a fight with our body, not with ourselves.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned

Why's Ethiopian skin color added to this description?
Seems oddly extraneous. :think:

quip

BANNED
Banned
The Bible says it is NOT a fight with our body, not with ourselves.

Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

I see nary a difference betwixt the two. Do you challenge the ruling religious authority or are you a willful tool of it? Do you challenge the evils of racism or are you content to let others fight a battle....of perhaps dispassionate concern to you?

Your action co-reflect the state of world you inhabit and share....you're not special and independent from it.

You want change....BE the change and understand your unifying roll. If you DON'T want change.....then post more rhetoric on how spiritually superior you are, whilst adding to the chaos.

God's Truth

I see nary a difference betwixt the two. Do you challenge the ruling religious authority or are you a willful tool of it? Do you challenge the evils of racism or are you content to let others fight a battle....of perhaps dispassionate concern to you?

Your action co-reflect the state of world you inhabit and share....you're not special and independent from it.

You want change....BE the change and understand your unifying roll. If you DON'T want change.....then post more rhetoric on how spiritually superior you are, whilst adding to the chaos.

You speak mumbo jumbo.

You are a false judge.

If you don't love the Lord then you don't love Truth.

WeberHome

It's not all that difficult to show that Jesus Christ is Adam's biological progeny; which of course attests that he's a genuine h.sapiens rather than an imitation, i.e. a look-alike rather than the real thing; viz: a counterfeit.

Yet according to John 8:29, 2Cor 5:21, Heb 4:15, and 1Pet 2:22; Jesus Christ never committed one single solitary sin in his entire life, which is quite remarkable considering that his crucified body was no different than anybody else's body in all respects.

Heb 2:13-18 . . "Here am I, and the children God has given me."

. . . Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death-that is, the devil-- and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants.

. . . For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

According to that; in order for priests to be effective, one of their qualifications is that they have to be able to empathize with their constituents. So; in order for Jesus to satisfy that requirement, he had to be a genuine h.sapiens; which entails having a genuine h.sapiens body.

So my question is: How does someone with a body made of genuine h.sapiens flesh-- a body made of the sarx spoken of in post No.1 --manage to get thru life without committing a single, solitary sin?
_

WeberHome

FAQ: If it's true that Jesus Christ is Adam's biological progeny, then wouldn't he have been born with a "body of death" just like everybody else? (Rom 7:24)

A: Yes, and in point of fact the Bible says that Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh rather than in the likeness of righteous flesh. (Rom 8:3)

The Bible also says of Jesus that he was "made like his brothers in every way". (Heb 2:13-18)

The Bible also says that Jesus was made of David's seed according to the flesh, viz: made of David's body. (Acts 2:29-30, Rom 1:3)
_

God's Truth

I don't hate the Lord thus I don't hate Truth.
No less a "false judge" than you. :idunno:

You are a false judge when you called what I posted "rhetoric" and that I add to the chaos.

Do you not know what you do?

You are a false judge who goes against the Truth.

quip

BANNED
Banned
You are a false judge when you called what I posted "rhetoric" and that I add to the chaos.

Do you not know what you do?

You are a false judge who goes against the Truth.

And hubris such as this only adds to the chaos.
Count for me all the conflicting assertions of "Truth"...I'll wait.

God's Truth

And hubris such as this only adds to the chaos.
Count for me all the conflicting assertions of "Truth"...I'll wait.

The truth is that you attacked me for what I said as rhetoric and chaos.

Try to go against what I said and prove it is rhetoric, because your mere opinion is nothing.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The truth is that you attacked me for what I said as rhetoric and chaos.

Try to go against what I said and prove it is rhetoric, because your mere opinion is nothing.
It's ALL opinion.

I can no more prove it's rhetoric any more than you can prove it's the Truth. That's the nature of the - un-verifiable - beast.

WeberHome

1Pet 1:18-19 . .You know that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your fathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.

FAQ: If human flesh has a will of its own, and it quite naturally, and quite intrinsically, has a predilection for evil instead of good; and if there is no good thing in human flesh; and if the human body is a "body of this death"; and if Jesus Christ was Adam's biological progeny; and if Jesus was made in the likeness of sinful flesh rather than righteous flesh; and if he was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; and if he was made like his brothers in every way; then how can the blood in Jesus Christ's flesh be compared to the blood in the flesh of a lamb without spot or blemish?

One of the goofiest responses to that question that I've yet to encounter is that Jesus' blood wasn't normal blood, it was God's blood.

Well; that sounds reasonable but according to Acts 17:26, God has made all men of one blood. So if Jesus Christ is fully man, then his blood was just as much the one blood that's in all the rest of us; which of course is Adam's.
_

God's Truth

If human flesh has a will of its own, and it quite naturally, and quite intrinsically, has a predilection for evil instead of good; and if there is no good thing in human flesh; and if the human body is a "body of this death"; and if Jesus Christ was Adam's biological progeny; and if Jesus was made in the likeness of sinful flesh rather than righteous flesh; and if he was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; and if he was made like his brothers in every way; then how can the blood in Jesus Christ's flesh be compared to the blood in the flesh of a lamb without spot or blemish?

No such thing as there is no good in human flesh.

You were taught wrong about the scriptures.

God made man and all that God made was good.

Genesis 1:1 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

WeberHome

FAQ: I've heard it said that ancestral blood is inherited via the father rather than the mother. Seeing as how Jesus didn't have a father, then how could he possibly inherit Adam's blood?

A: In the beginning, God made the first woman with human material taken from the first man's body. (Gen 2:21-22)

As a result, Eve was Adam just as much as Adam was Adam. (Gen 5:2)

"Adam said: This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh" (Gen 2:23)

Therefore, all biological offspring produced from Eve's flesh-- whether normally conceived or virgin conceived --comes into the world with flesh of Adam's flesh, and bone of Adam's bones.

Now; unless someone can prove beyond any shadow of sensible doubt that Mary and Eve were not biologically related, then we must conclude that any progeny produced from Mary's flesh, no matter how, would be bone of Adam's bones and flesh of Adam's flesh; viz: Adam was just as much Jesus Christ's father as he is everyone else's father.

In point of fact, God predicted that Eve's progeny would one day destroy the serpent (Gen 3:15). So then, if Jesus Christ were not Eve's progeny, then he could not be the one predicted to destroy the serpent. But if Jesus is the predicted progeny, then Eve is his mother and Adam is his father.

There are quite a few Christians who would really like to take Adam out of Jesus' biological genealogy, but the only way to do it is to take Mary's flesh out of the stream, and ultimately Eve's; which is no doubt at least one of the reasons why the surrogacy theory is so popular.

NOTE: The life of the flesh is in the blood (Lev 17:11) so I think we may safely assume that when God took Adam's flesh to make Eve's flesh, some of Adam's blood came with it; which means that Eve's blood was Adam's blood; and so on, and so on, down the line to Mary, and thereby to Jesus.

And seeing as how Eve's bones were made of Adam's bones, then her bones replenished Adam's blood in her flesh as its cells gradually died off like normal blood cells do. The self-same process would've taken place in Jesus' flesh and bones too seeing as his flesh and bones were Adam's flesh and bones.

FAQ: How could you possibly know Adam's blood type in order to verify it was in Jesus' flesh?

A: There are several human blood types-- A, B, AB, and O, along with the Rh groups. However, any blood-- regardless of its type or its group --is Adam's blood if it's human blood because Adam is the only human being that God created from scratch. All other human beings, including his wife, are Adam's direct biological descendants including, but not limited to, Jesus Christ and his mother.
_

God's Truth

Jeremiah 13:23 Can an Ethiopian change his skin or a leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

I tell you, you have been misled by false teachers.

Read the scripture more carefully, even more carefully than your choice teachers.

Those who are ACCUSTOMED TO DOING EVIL.

NOT EVERYONE is accustomed to doing only evil.

No, not everyone.