ECT Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit

Cross Reference

Since creation, as we know it, was completed in six days, no new natural creation could/would ever be forthcoming. That being said, there could not be from within its sin corrupted ranks a redeemer to cancel out the curse that was upon it. In other words such a qualified a man could not be introduced into it from the outside of it in any other way than to be born into it because its father had to be sinless for his progeny to be sinless. In other words a second Adam needed to be brought into existence to cancel out the old one. It was the only way open to God to place His righteousness into it, a needed righteousness equal to His own, within a man, but again subjected to the possibility of failure, as it was with the first Adam.

Question: Was there anything else Jesus needed to be other than to be born sinless, that he might redeem mankind?

The answer is yes. Adam needed a spiritual relationship with God that God provide for but Adam needed to ask for it. He didn't. He failed and plunged mankind into darkness.

As with all men in the scriptures who started at the top failed, we can see that Adam was the ‘father’ of them, whose influence needed to be broken. Mankind now needed a new Father, a Holy One for a Holy progeny. One that, for success, would have to be groomed from childhood to first learn the ways of Him who made him.

Here’s how I believe it happened:

When Adam was created God never placed his holy spirit within him. There was no indwelling of the Holy Spirit for which Adam would have influenced his heart to obedience to God. No love affair, no mind set towards the allegiance to God. Adam was free to do as he pleased even unto disobedience. He was free to make a choice between any command that God gave and any other command of himself he so chose to obey. Until this point in his life there was no contrasting opinions to which his desires could choose between.

Indeed, God did give a command with the penalty attached to it that if he disobeyed, Adam would surely die. What did that mean? At that time there was no experience called death for Adam to consider its consequences. “What do you mean die, what is death that I should be afraid of it?” I am free. I will stay free. I fear nothing. The whole world is mine! All to Adam was new when thinking about how he would conduct his life. And then something happened he wasn’t counting on. “Futile thinking” unwillingly entered into his mind. God created a disposition within Adam called “Vanity”, a law of his flesh that demanded gratification. And then the thought was planted into it as if another God stepped into the picture. In his innocence, Adam would now have to choose between the two. Either it would be the God who created him, who came down in the cool of the day and talk with him, or the more powerful pull of his flesh for self gratification whose commands would be “sweet to his mouth but bitter to his stomach”. This he would soon find out my being put to the test. It would boil down to either God’s will or his own will that would rule his life and the life of this progeny. In this we can see that man’s will without a life-giving Spirit indwelling him, is more powerful than the will of God if bad man is given to choose between the two. cf Rom.8:20 KJV

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Question: Was there anything else Jesus needed to be other than to be born sinless, that he might redeem mankind?

A redeemer was required to be next of kin. (Ruth 2:20)

Also, since Christ created all lifeforms, his life was worth more than all of his created lifeforms.

Cross Reference

A redeemer was required to be next of kin. (Ruth 2:20)

I assumed that in what I said, to be brief. I would hope everyone will as well, OK?

Also, since Christ created all lifeforms, his life was worth more than all of his created lifeforms.

The Word, the expression of the Mind and Heart of God, did all the creating. He spoke it into existence. His Name may have been Jesus but it wasn't Jesus, the man.

Cross Reference

I rewrote the OP with a hope. It is my own opinion from many years of working through the issues. I am open to correction but NOT to accusations. If you know your Bible bring out your verses that form your opinion, otherwise, kindly leave your commentaries and secular creedal doctrines home. . . that includes the Greek/Hebrew scholars, absent insight.

There will be more leading up to Jesus stepping into the equation. Thanks.

ZacharyB

Speaking only to the OP title, let us remember that ...

The Word (Who was/is God) came to earth and became flesh.
Gabriel said to give this Divine Baby the name "Jesus (Savior)".
No Divine entity called "Jesus" existed prior to the Incarnation.
A small point ... perhaps not a big deal ... but keep it in mind.

Cross Reference

Speaking only to the OP title, let us remember that ...

The Word (Who was/is God) came to earth and became flesh.

The Word, whose name could have been Jesus, we don't know, entered a body of flesh; abody "prepared" for Him.

Gabriel said to give this Divine Baby the name "Jesus (Savior)".

Where does Gabe use the word, "Divine". Why do you think he had be divine except by the Holy Spirit was it the only means a baby could possibly be born into Adam's race?

No Divine entity called "Jesus" existed prior to the Incarnation.

You really don't know that.

A small point ... perhaps not a big deal ... but keep it in mind.

Thank you and you as well, Zach.