Door of the Sheep!

beloved57

Jesus says that He is the door of the Sheep. This sounds very particular/specific. John 10:7

John 10:7
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Nanja

[FONT=&]Jesus says that He is the door of the Sheep. This sounds very particular/specific. [/FONT]John 10:7

[FONT=&]Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the [/FONT]door of the sheep.

Amen Brother !

Jesus is the Door, the only Way of Salvation, for the Particular World of His Sheep John 10:11, which were given Him of the Father John 10:29, to be their Surety Saviour Heb. 7:22 even from Everlasting. Yes, this truly describes a particular/specific Redemption. For after abolishing death for them, [making it of no effect for them anymore Rom. 5:21], was triumphantly risen from the dead exclusively for Them, as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20, and no others Ps. 100:3!

WeberHome

-
Were Christ an ordinary shepherd I would have to regard his statement in the passage below as overconfident.

John 10:9 . . I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved

"shall be" doesn't means might be or can be. No; it means that none will be lost; i.e. Christ claimed a 0.0% failure rate.

John 6:38-39 . . I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of Him who sent me. And this is the will of Him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that He has given me,

John 8:29 . . I always do what is pleasing to Him.

Were Christ to lose even one head of the sheep that his Father entrusts to his care, he would fail to do the will of Him who sent him, and certainly would not be able to claim to always do what is pleasing to Him.

You know, when people insist that Jesus can lose sheep, they are casting a vote of no confidence in the things he says; viz: they don't believe in him.

/

beloved57

How does Jesus say the Sheep/Man enters into the door to be saved according to Jn 10:9

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.[

Last edited:

Nanja

How does Jesus say the Sheep/Man enters into the door to be saved according to Jn 10:9

9 [FONT="]I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.[/FONT]

Jesus says, by me if any man enter in he shall be saved.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

So Jesus being The Way is how one enters into Eternal Life, and His Way is by His Sheep being Chosen In Union with Him, the Chief Shepherd, before the foundation of the World Eph. 1:4.

Mat. 25:34
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand [His Sheep], Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

beloved57

Here in Jn 10 its being revealed Gods way of Salvation and its limited atonement or particular atonement/redemption. There's no other way Jn 10:7-9; Jn 14:6 ! If we reject this truth there's no other way to God!

iamaberean

[FONT=&]Jesus says that He is the door of the Sheep. This sounds very particular/specific. [/FONT]John 10:7

[FONT=&]Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the [/FONT]door of the sheep.

Speaking of being specific, how about this:
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

beloved57

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Yep. Now who does Christ say specifically He gave His life for in Jn 10:11 ?

Nanja

Here in Jn 10 its being revealed Gods way of Salvation and its limited atonement or particular atonement/redemption. There's no other way Jn 10:7-9; Jn 14:6 ! If we reject this truth there's no other way to God!

Amen my Brother!

A person is either on the narrow way Mat. 7:13 whom Christ made Righteous by His death for them Rom. 5:19b which leads to Eternal Life [for The Sheep];

OR...he is on the broad way which leads to eternal destruction Mat. 25:41; Rev. 21:8 [the goats].

John 10:10b
I am come that they [The Sheep] might have life, and that they [The Sheep] might have it more abundantly.

The Lamb of God came to take away the sins exclusively for the World of His Sheep John 1:29: His Atonement / Redemption was limited to His Sheep !

iamaberean

Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post

Yep. Now who does Christ say specifically He gave His life for in Jn 10:11 ?

Jesus came only for the children of Israel, not Gentiles. Jesus rarely even spoke to Gentiles, let alone claim them as his people, or his sheep.

When Jesus told his children, the apostles, to go only to the lost sheep of Israel, he was speaking of those children of Israel who had gone a whoring after other gods. We don't know just where they were at, but Jesus and his apostles did.

There was only one apostle that was sent to the Gentiles and that was Paul and in the book of Romans he was talking primarily about the children of Abraham to the Gentiles.

beloved57

iamaberean

[FONT=&quot]Jesus came only for the children of Israel, not Gentiles. [/FONT]

That means you believe that God sent Jesus to save based upon race, the flesh !

So what do you do with a verse like this Jn 3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I believe Jesus was sent into the world to save Gentiles, lest you believe the world here God sent Christ to save was the physical seed of abraham ethnic jews.

Last edited:

iamaberean

iamaberean

That means you believe that God sent Jesus to save based upon race, the flesh !

So what do you do with a verse like this Jn 3:17

[FONT="]For God sent not his Son into the [/FONT][/COLOR][B]world to condemn the [B]world; but that[U] the [/U][B][U]world [/U]through him might be [B]saved.[/B][/B][/B][/B]

I believe Jesus was sent into the world to save Gentiles, lest you believe the world here God sent Christ to save was the physical seed of abraham ethnic jews.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR="#0000CD"]
Jesus was the Messiah of Israel and he came to save them first.

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

God's plan was to save the world, but he was first and foremost the Messiah of Israel. Paul went unto the Gentiles while the other apostles went unto the lost sheep of Israel.
[/FONT]

beloved57

Jesus was the Messiah of Israel and he came to save them first.

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

God's plan was to save the world, but he was first and foremost the Messiah of Israel. Paul went unto the Gentiles while the other apostles went unto the lost sheep of Israel.

You make God doubleminded and you make God to save people based upon race, their flesh, thats an evil doctrine.. You deny what Jesus says plainly God sent His Son to what in Jn 3:17

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The samaritan women at the well knew of Christ the messiah to be the Saviour of the world Jn 4:25,42

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

1 Jn 4:14

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

​Now who does John a converted jew say the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of ?

beloved57

Christ Sheep believe on Him because He laid down His Life for them. Why else would Jesus make this distinction between His Sheep and those who are not His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Which earlier He says specifically of them His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

His Sheep will/shall believe on Him Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

beloved57

Now Christ is the door of the Sheep Jn 10:7-9, its them He gave His Life for Jn 10:11,15 so its clear that the payment He made for sin by laying down His Life, its the redemptive payment for the Sheep specifically, and not for everyone without exception !

iamaberean

You make God doubleminded and you make God to save people based upon race, their flesh, thats an evil doctrine.. You deny what Jesus says plainly God sent His Son to what in Jn 3:17

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The samaritan women at the well knew of Christ the messiah to be the Saviour of the world Jn 4:25,42

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

1 Jn 4:14

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

​Now who does John a converted jew say the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of ?

Here is basic division of God's word.

Old Testament God only gave the law and a plan for their salvation to his chosen people.

In the New Testament:

In the Four Gospels Jesus came for his own, the children of Israel, and they received them not.

In the Epistles these letters are written to the early church, Israel and Gentiles, but the age of Law was still to come.
Read Hebrews 8

Here is just a part
Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Just so you will know, the Old Covenant passed away in 70 AD with the destruction of the temple. This happened approximately 40 years after the death of Jesus in their generation.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Heaven and earth and in effect the age of law.

beloved57

Here is basic division of God's word.

Old Testament God only gave the law and a plan for their salvation to his chosen people.

In the New Testament:

In the Four Gospels Jesus came for his own, the children of Israel, and they received them not.

In the Epistles these letters are written to the early church, Israel and Gentiles, but the age of Law was still to come.
Read Hebrews 8

Here is just a part
Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Just so you will know, the Old Covenant passed away in 70 AD with the destruction of the temple. This happened approximately 40 years after the death of Jesus in their generation.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Heaven and earth and in effect the age of law.

Not interested. Rabbit trail from points of the Op!

Nanja

Christ Sheep believe on Him because He laid down His Life for them. Why else would Jesus make this distinction between His Sheep and those who are not His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Which earlier He says specifically of them His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

His Sheep will/shall believe on Him Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The Sheep which Christ gave His Life for John 10:11, 15 for are Given to Believe on Him.

Phil. 1:29
For unto you it is given [the Saints/Sheep] in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

But those who are not Christ's Sheep [goats Mat. 25:31-33; 41] will/shall not believe on Him, for they have already been condemned and remain under God's wrath permanently, because for the goats, His wrath was not propitiated on their behalf.

John 3:18, 36

18 He that believeth on him [Sheep] is not condemned: but he that believeth not [goats] is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

beloved57
Now Christ is the door of the Sheep Jn 10:7-9, its them He gave His Life for Jn 10:11,15 so its clear that the payment He made for sin by laying down His Life, its the redemptive payment for the Sheep specifically, and not for everyone without exception !

Right on !

beloved57

Jesus is very specific about whom He died for, His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

Now the deniers of this Gospel Doctrine of Particular Redemption, will most often say, but it doesnt say He only died for His Sheep, which I may now reply:

That though the qualified wording, only, is not stated, yet it is unquestionably intended, and inferred , in the Scriptures. where Christ is said to die for his sheep, and for his people Matt 1:21; for his church Eph 5:25, for many Matt 20:28, if all men without exception were meant by these words, what reason is there for these phrases of distinctiveness ?