Day of Rage: An In-Depth Look at How a Mob Stormed the Capitol

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Inside the Capitol Riot: An Exclusive Video Investigation

A six-month Times investigation has synchronized and mapped out thousands of videos and police radio communications from the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, providing the most complete picture to date of what happened — and why.

Even now, however, Republican politicians and their allies in the media are still playing down the most brazen attack on a seat of power in modern American history. Some have sought to paint the assault as the work of mere tourists. Others, going further, have accused the F.B.I. of planning the attack in what they have described — wildly — as a false-flag operation.

The work of understanding Jan. 6 has been hard enough without this barrage of disinformation and, hoping to get to the bottom of the riot, The Times’s Visual Investigations team spent several months reviewing thousands of videos, many filmed by the rioters themselves and since deleted from social media. We filed motions to unseal police body-camera footage, scoured law enforcement radio communications, and synchronized and mapped the visual evidence.

What we have come up with is a 40-minute panoramic take on Jan. 6, the most complete visual depiction of the Capitol riot to date. In putting it together, we gained critical insights into the character and motivation of rioters by experiencing the events of the day often through their own words and video recordings. We found evidence of members of extremist groups inciting others to riot and assault police officers. And we learned how Donald J. Trump’s own words resonated with the mob in real time as they staged the attack.

Here are some of the major revelations.

Video link

The video is 40 minutes long but it's the most complete and detailed timeline I've seen yet.

Video contains graphic violence and vulgar language.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Couple dozen guys wearing funny hats pulled a fraternity stunt with the assistance of the Capitol police.

:yawn:

grumix8

BANNED
Banned
More time for the investigation we will see what happen and specially the guy with horns. There is A lot of things and Nancy Pelosi laptop is still missing.

ok doser

Maybe you could listen to what she said.
Did.

She was NOT shot five times and left for dead on 1/6.

She had a brief episode of tachycardia and anxiety. Kinda like going over the hill on the start of a roller coaster ride.

And she's really really really emotional about it, because orangemanbad

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Did.

She wasn't shot and left for dead on 1/6. She had a brief episode of tachycardia and anxiety. Kinda like going over the hill on the start of a roller coaster ride.

Transcript:
"You know, my heart's racing right now, and I'm trembling. In part because I'm recalling what happened to me on January 6. When I was in that gallery, had to climb around the other side and then lie there on the floor. And then I heard a shot ring out. And it took me back over 40 years ago, lying on an airstrip in Guyana, about to lose my life. And I thought at that moment, my God, I survived Guyana but I'm not going to survive this in the house of democracy in the country in which I was born. For the members on the other side of the aisle to call this political, let me remind you it was political because the president of the United States at the time thought it was fun - and an act of great patriotism to come up here and try to overturn the election. So, you may call it political, it was political, but we're going to find out why it happened and we're going to make sure it never happens again."

ok doser

Transcript:
"You know, my heart's racing right now,
tachycardia
and I'm trembling.
anxiety
In part because I'm recalling what happened to me on January 6.
She was shot five times and left for dead?
I heard a shot ring out.
White privilege

Secoreia Turner never heard the eight shots ring out that ended her 8 year old life - the shots fired by a BLM thug

30809108-8526483-image-a-40_1594844029621.jpg
the president of the United States at the time thought it was fun ...
orangemanbad

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Another Oath Keeper Flips

OathKeeperStack.jpeg

Mark Grods Admits To Being Among Those In This Military Style "Stack" Invading The Capitol

Mark Grods is the third member of the Oath Keepers to plead guilty to conspiracy charges and agree to cooperate with the investigation. You can read his statement of information, stating what he will plead guilty to and facts supporting those charges that he is admitting, HERE.

• Grods admits that he was part of a conspiracy against the United States and that the "purpose of the conspiracy was to stop, delay, and hinder the Certification of the Electoral College vote."
  • He admits to "attending or scheduling trainings to teach and learn paramilitary combat tactics in advance of the January 6 operation."
  • He admits to "bringing and contributing paramilitary gear and supplies—INCLUDING FIREARMS, camouflaged combat uniforms, tactical vests with plates, helmets, eye protection, and radio equipment—for the January 6 operation."
  • He admits to "FORCIBLY storming past exterior barricades, Capitol Police, and other law enforcement officers."
  • He admits that he "BROUGHT FIREARMS to Washington, D.C., and eventually provided them to another individual to store in a Virginia hotel."
Note about this last one. Other charging documents from the government allege that the Oath Keeper plot including having a heavily armed "QRF" (quick reaction force) that would bring heavy weapons into the Capitol once Trump deputized them by invoking the Insurrection Act and calling forth a citizen's militia (that would be them).

• Grods admits that he entered the Capitol with a large stick, along with others, "assaulted law enforcement officers in the Rotunda."

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
What we have come up with is a 40-minute panoramic take on Jan. 6, the most complete visual depiction of the Capitol riot to date. In putting it together, we gained critical insights into the character and motivation of rioters by experiencing the events of the day often through their own words and video recordings:

Video link
I'm pretty sure @marke was just bluffing when he said he wanted to see more video of the Capitol riot...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm pretty sure @marke was just bluffing when he said he wanted to see more video of the Capitol riot...

Yeah I doubt it'll get any play for most of them, but for those interested, it's quite detailed. Some of the footage I hadn't seen, nor had I seen such a comprehensive layout of how they breached the building that day.

The trolling on the thread trying to distract from the OP is telling. They really don't want to look too closely.

marke

Another Oath Keeper Flips

OathKeeperStack.jpeg

Mark Grods Admits To Being Among Those In This Military Style "Stack" Invading The Capitol

Mark Grods is the third member of the Oath Keepers to plead guilty to conspiracy charges and agree to cooperate with the investigation. You can read his statement of information, stating what he will plead guilty to and facts supporting those charges that he is admitting, HERE.

• Grods admits that he was part of a conspiracy against the United States and that the "purpose of the conspiracy was to stop, delay, and hinder the Certification of the Electoral College vote."
  • He admits to "attending or scheduling trainings to teach and learn paramilitary combat tactics in advance of the January 6 operation."
  • He admits to "bringing and contributing paramilitary gear and supplies—INCLUDING FIREARMS, camouflaged combat uniforms, tactical vests with plates, helmets, eye protection, and radio equipment—for the January 6 operation."
  • He admits to "FORCIBLY storming past exterior barricades, Capitol Police, and other law enforcement officers."
  • He admits that he "BROUGHT FIREARMS to Washington, D.C., and eventually provided them to another individual to store in a Virginia hotel."
Note about this last one. Other charging documents from the government allege that the Oath Keeper plot including having a heavily armed "QRF" (quick reaction force) that would bring heavy weapons into the Capitol once Trump deputized them by invoking the Insurrection Act and calling forth a citizen's militia (that would be them).

• Grods admits that he entered the Capitol with a large stick, along with others, "assaulted law enforcement officers in the Rotunda."
Sadly, those who admit non-violently protesting voter fraud on Jan 6 are being rounded up and torched by the vengeful democrat Garland, while none of those black-clad leftist rogues who smashed windows, doors, and furniture are even identified or charged.

marke

The propagandists who selected the clips to show in this video neglected to show the black-clad anti-fa rioters breaking glass and furniture as the first ones into the building in security footage. Why? Because leftist liars want their lying narratives promoted and the truth suppressed. Black-clad anti-fa rioters injured more than a thousand police officers in 2020 in extremely violent protests and yet the left claim this one-time protest against democrat voter fraud is the worst threat to the nation ever. Leftists will manipulate facts to present the narratives they wish to present, while Americans are losing in every city because of leftist democrat violence and wickedness.