Cub Reporters 2017

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A few years back I started a thread comparing reports of other posters to a horse race. It began after chrysostom asked me about reports some time before that. His inquiry had me looking over the sum of that stuff and realizing how often I'd done it and the consideration altered my habit. So I went from one of the most active reporters to one of the least.

I used the new thread to both remain mindful and to, hopefully, nudge others who might have been at it more than they realized and counter-productively.

Anyway, it ran for several years before I left off last. It was oddly popular, but so many of the regulars are absent these days it may not resonate anymore. If not, I'll keep it going for the initial reason I started it and let it go at that.

Typically I'd start with the first leg/week into the turn, out and on the backstretch in week two, into and out of the turn in week three and the home stretch of week four. As the inaugural month is nearly over I'll have to sum January's race.

Below I'll post the winners for each month of the year and the yearly winner when 2017 is in the books. Post two will catch this months race as it approaches the wire.

Winnering Nags:

January: In a surprisingly sparse field, Sod (doser) takes the month, out in front early and holding on against faint challenges late. Congrats Doser.

EDIT: Disqualification leaves January to GM! :first:

February: It was a race for second and place as a thinly contested race sees Doser ride the winning nag home.

EDIT: Disqualification leaves February to Angel! :first:

March: is in the books for Doser.

EDIT: Disqualification leaves March for Lon! :first:

April: A surprising come from behind in the home stretch and April belongs to Truster! :first:

May: The month belongs to Musterion, who holds off all challengers to win by two lengths! :first:

June: anna ran hard and fast and all the way home. :D Congrats! :first:

July: Must took an early lead and never let up. Congrats to Musterion,​ bringing it home again. :first:

August: Musterion takes back to back derbies with a solid win over the field and throws his hat in the ring for end of the year honors. :first:

September: PJ took a largely listless field, but not without a challenge from glory. Congrats PJ! :first:

October: Right Divider takes October in a strong field, just edging out glory for the honor. Congrats! :first:

November: belongs to musterion and his determined nag. :first:

December: Tam takes the field at the wire! :first:

The Derby Whinner: taking the trophy with a 4 to 1 edge over the competition, Musterion closes the year as the Cub Reporter Nag Extraordinaire!

Congrats Musterion! :first:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:singer:

Heading for the wire it's ok doser holding a blistering pace (23) easily out distancing Tam, some six lengths trailing (17) with little hope of shortening doser's lead. Angel and GM (8) are neck and neck at third in a heated race but too far out to challenge Tam for second. Nang, yours truly, and must are four back (4) with an outside shot at challenging for third. The rest of the field is walking about, nibbling grass or napping...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You do know most reports anymore are for spammers and trolls?
You know, I think I'm going to start noting the spam part, because it's true for more than a few of us. I think all of my reports were spam related in January. I know you did a good bit of that and Tam did as well.

It's worth noting and I'll be sure and do that in the future. :thumb:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes. You have to read them because spam reporting does not count. Only reporting real members counts,

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes. You have to read them because spam reporting does not count. Only reporting real members counts,
It's been so little of a problem in the past it wasn't worth it, but there is a great deal more going on since the change in environs. I may take your counsel on that. I do look at every report, so it wouldn't entail much difference in effort and I have noticed the frequency of spam reporting.

I think the adjustment will still leave doser in the lead with about 8 posts unrelated, and take Tam completely out of the running...give me a few and I'll adjust the totals in the second post. :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Taking effective counsel from Angel and Ktoyou, the adjusted race report as they near the tape.

ok doser is in the lead (11) with GM some five lengths back (6) and time running out to close. Musterion and Angel are still in the hunt, running neck and neck in the three spot (5) a scant length off second. Two lengths back, Nang and AMR are in a position to make trouble for the three with a scraggly pack not far off their pace.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:singer: Race Results

And at the wire it's doser by a good four lengths (11) with GM (7) holding on to second place against a late challenge by Angel (6) that falls just short, but pulls her out of a tie for third place with Musterion (5), who fades down the home stretch. Nang and AMR (3) lead the rest of the pack home.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
:singer: Race Results

that's racist

town said:
And at the wire it's doser by a good four lengths ...

very-nice-great-j9n9bg.jpg

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

A---n--d they're off and down the front stretch where early on it's a one nag race, ok doser in the lead by a full five lengths (7). Angel and must (2) are battling listlessly to challenge, neck and neck, while a handful of remaining horses begin the long walk from the gate as the front runners eye the turn!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

A---n--d they're off and down the front stretch where early on it's a one nag race, ok doser in the lead by a full five lengths (7). Angel and must (2) are battling listlessly to challenge, neck and neck, while a handful of remaining horses begin the long walk from the gate as the front runners eye the turn!

A--and in view of this post,Which you quoted in Town Quixote--I have to bring him back into that thread. Please don't gloat about people being banned from your threads.