COVID-19 Herd Immunity

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's some indication from Brazil that herd immunity can be reached with less than 20% of the population being infected. I hope it's true.
This is something we knew 2-3 weeks after the first breakout using common sense.

And since the WP has committed both lies of commission and omission, especially on this topic, why do you link to them as if they have any credibility?

chair

This is something we knew 2-3 weeks after the first breakout using common sense.

And since the WP has committed both lies of commission and omission, especially on this topic, why do you link to them as if they have any credibility?

What? Everybody knew about herd immunity, but it was believed that >60% of the population needed to be infected before it kicked in.
I linked specifically to them because they are identified as a "left wing rag" by some, and yet they reported this.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What? Everybody knew about herd immunity, but it was believed that >60% of the population needed to be infected before it kicked in.
I linked specifically to them because they are identified as a "left wing rag" by some, and yet they reported this.
I meant that people knew, regardless of herd immunity numbers, that COVID was not nearly as bad as had first been reported - if they were using common sense.

And since the WP has been so egregious in their attempts at propaganda, anything they say can only be a small part of any conclusion.

But, yeah, herd immunity at 20% would be nice. I suspect it has more to do with the fact that many people came with immunity before COVID19 because corona virii have been in the population in many forms. But I'm not an immunologist so I have to look at other information. The fact that it seems no matter what we do - masks, lockdowns, distancing, and tyranical regulations - the virus more or less passes in the population and is not controlled is enough to see what one can do to help their exposure and how COVID will play out.

And now that people with common sense have enough information to make some conclusions, our energy should focus on the government taking advantage of the crisis, and the MSM that supports them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The fact that it seems no matter what we do - masks, lockdowns, distancing, and tyranical regulations ...

I've enjoyed watching the chicken littles like eider running around with their hands in the air screaming the sky is falling the sky is falling :)

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've enjoyed watching the chicken littles like eider running around with their hands in the air screaming the sky is falling the sky is falling :)
The sky is falling!... Still falling! The... sky... is... slowly... falling...

Meanwhile in Sweden:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ooooooooo!

Pretty sky!
So it turns out a country with some of the tightest lockdowns and strictest mask wearing has the worst death rate: Peru.

Masks don't work much. But if you keep all the businesses closed, that'll slow COVID down... for a while. But then you have to deal with the spike later on and all the death that comes with a bad economy to boot. I'm starting to get the feeling leftists know about this and killing grandma makes them laugh.

Arthur Brain

So it turns out a country with some of the tightest lockdowns and strictest mask wearing has the worst death rate: Peru.

Masks don't work much. But if you keep all the businesses closed, that'll slow COVID down... for a while. But then you have to deal with the spike later on and all the death that comes with a bad economy to boot. I'm starting to get the feeling leftists know about this and killing grandma makes them laugh.

Is Trump a "leftist"? He must be by your "reasoning" to declare a national emergency and implement lockdown measures.

ok doser

Cuomo

Arthur Brain

Bad bad Trump administration for declaring a national emergency. There were thousands of deaths and all at that point but the whole thing was under control apparently...

Watch a time stamp video of El presidente and it's actually so not funny where it comes to Covid.

Arthur Brain

So, thousands of deaths and Trump declaring a national emergency and zip from the far right or even "conservatives" on the issue.

Telling...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, thousands of deaths and Trump declaring a national emergency and zip from the far right or even "conservatives" on the issue.

Telling...

It is ... he is responsible for the body count via his incompetence and politicizing of the coronavirus ...

ok doser

It is ... he is responsible for the body count via his incompetence and politicizing of the coronavirus ...

No that's a lie. de Blasio and lower level community leaders in New York City politicized the Corona virus. Pelosi politicized the Corona virus. In northern New York we didn't politicize the Corona virus and we had very little effect. Don't forget that the overwhelming proportion of Corona virus cases and deaths grew out of New York City

Arthur Brain

Yep, Trump and his administrations "handling" of the pandemic was dismal from the get go. Still recall that rally where he was trying to mock the opposition with feeble chants of "coronavirus" and then lo and behold, the numbers went up. He still downplayed it saying it was all under control and by April it would probably disappear with warmer weather. Then the numbers went further up and oh...he declared a national emergency.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Given that this President and his supporters have been consistently on the wrong side of every issue concerning COVID-19 from Day 1 - why should we have any confidence that their track-record is about to improve anytime soon?

A monkey tossing a coin in the Oval Office would have generated a high degree of confidence with the American public - at least they would be assured that statistically the monkey would be right 50% of the time!

Last edited: