Conservative Tomi Lahren announces pro-choice, gets suspended

kmoney

Hall of Fame
http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/20/tomi-lahren-suspended-from-the-blaze/

Conservative media company The Blaze has suspended political commentator Tomi Lahren, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed to The Daily Caller.

Lahren’s show is suspended for at least one week starting Monday, according to TheDC’s sources. A source with direct knowledge of the situation previously told TheDC that Lahren’s contract with the company goes until September, but that she may leave the company before then.

Lahren’s inflammatory style placed her at odds with other employees at The Blaze, as previously reported by TheDC. Tensions were high between Lahren and her coworkers at The Blaze even before she called pro-life conservatives hypocrites in an appearance on ABC’s “The View” on Friday.

In her appearance on The View, Lahren said she is pro-choice and called pro-life conservatives hypocrites, saying, “I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/20/tomi-lahren-suspended-from-the-blaze/#ixzz4bzobkF9t

I thought this was an interesting story. I don't know much about Tomi. I wonder if she avoided abortion in the past but finally decided to reveal her stance. Wouldn't be easy in conservative circles. It sounds like she may have had some issues at The Blaze already and this may have been the final straw.

I see her point but anti-abortion laws seem like a different type of gov't control than most cases where conservatives seek limited government.

The Berean

I never thought much of her. She just regurgitates other conservatives' ideas and philosophies. I never considered her a true conservative. She's just a mouthpiece who got her job because of her looks. Good to know she supports the murder of unborn babies so we can dismiss her outright now.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I never thought much of her. She just regurgitates other conservatives' ideas and philosophies. I never considered her a true conservative. She's just a mouthpiece who got her job because of her looks.
What makes you say that?

The Berean

What makes you say that?

If she were a true conservative she'd be married by now and starting a family and not on TV espousing political drivel. :D What actual political dialogue has she advanced? She graduated from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas which is not exactly known for its high academic standards. Her degree is in broadcast journalism and political science. I find her public personality simply obnoxious and grating with way too much of the you-go-girl-ism feminist nonsense. It's obvious she's trying to model herself after Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin but those two ladies are actually good writers and first rate researchers. Lahren doesn't seem to be either.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If she were a true conservative she'd be married by now and starting a family and not on TV espousing political drivel. :D
:sibbie:

What actual political dialogue has she advanced?
:idunno: I've never listened to her. Or to Coulter or Malkin. What political dialogue have they put forward?
Maybe I'd just need to watch something by them to see what you mean. Except Coulter. :eek:

quip

BANNED
Banned
I see her point but anti-abortion laws seem like a different type of gov't control than most cases where conservatives seek limited government.

The only difference I can tell is that those on the right don't hold a profitable concern in this particular case of government controlling

The Berean

:sibbie:

:idunno: I've never listened to her. Or to Coulter or Malkin. What political dialogue have they put forward?
Maybe I'd just need to watch something by them to see what you mean. Except Coulter. :eek:
Here you go kmo, Michelle Malkin. :p