Catholics: what are the 3 best things about being Catholic?

republicanchick

well, u all can pretty much guess what I would say are the 3 best things about being Catholic?

so I will just say one for now

the Mass

and we have it every day (except maybe Monday, priest day off)

++

GuySmiley

The ceremony is appealing to me. At funerals when they swing the smoke thing around I think that's cool. I'm jealous of the smoke thing.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
As a former Catholic, less Cruciform protest, I'll name one for now.

Friday fish fry during lent.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
That's the best thing about being Catholic, in your experience? Thank you for further confirming my conclusion that you never actually had an accurate understanding of the Catholic faith to begin with. :thumb:

Yes, that is the best thing I remember. After all the confirmation classes, first communion, perochial school, alter boy, youth group leader and catechism classes that is the best that I can say about my time in the church. The RCC should be ashamed.

Cruciform

Yes, that is the best thing I remember. After all the confirmation classes, first communion, perochial school, alter boy, youth group leader and catechism classes that is the best that I can say about my time in the church.
Thus absolutely proving Post #9 above.

The RCC should be ashamed.
Rather, you should be ashamed.

Cruciform

Yes, it proves that RCC indoctrination does not stand up to honest scrutiny.
Post #9

Why should I be ashamed of finding something the CC could never offer me, salvation.
Christ's one historic Catholic Church was preaching the gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ for a millennium-and-a-half before a single Protestant sectarian schismatic like yourself ever managed to stumble onto the scene. You've already publicly admitted that you were more interested in fish fries than you were in actually comprehending the doctrinal content of the Catholic faith. It definitely shows.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+