Brand spankin' new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmiley

Welcome! I like your quote, I think it comes from this:

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

BabyChristian

:wave2: So how "baby" of a Christian are you?

I was an agnostic for 49 years and became a believer when my twin's husband died suddenly of a cardiac arrest........so for 4 years I've believed but only really gotten very interested in the last year when I got baptized.

I was in such pain and turmoil when my twin's husband died that I just finally threw in the proverbial towel.

I feel I should add that I read CS Lewis and other books and was looking to believe during my agnostic days but felt within myself that just because I craved it didn't make it true.

Now I think that it's very possible that my craving came from God.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
New Christians and TOL don't usually mix well. This is more of a place for veterans to sword fight rather than a place kids can get a glass of milk.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hiya Baby! :wave2: Haven't called that out in a number of years.

TOL has a little something for everyone. If the theological or political discourse gets too edgy for you take a break in And The Rest. You'll find a number of interesting people from either side of the political aisle and well articulated posits from a number of faiths...even a few without any worth having a conversation or three with.

I'll be two years in sometime in August and I can tell you that from my perspective it's one of the more interesting, funny and friendly (yes, I did say that) places around. You just have to learn to ignore the loons or how to enjoy them. :think: And you have to be willing to overlook it when your friends act that way as well, which they will from time to time, depending on the subject.

Not everyone can be as sane and stable as we are...hey, what's that look for? :squint:

Okay, as sane as I am then...just trying to be neighborly.

Welcome! :e4e:

BabyChristian

New Christians and TOL don't usually mix well. This is more of a place for veterans to sword fight rather than a place kids can get a glass of milk.

Thanks for the warning.

I was a member of a political forum for years and handled myself okay.

I just subscribed today, I don't believe in free rides.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

nor is it a good place for those who have yet to grow up

Status
Not open for further replies.