‘Church of Lucifer’ to Open in Texas

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

SPRING, Texas — The first “Church of Lucifer” is set to open later this month in a small town outside of Houston, Texas.

“Never in history has anything like this has happened before: an open to the public home for the Left Hand Path, a church dedicated to the mental freedom of all mankind, a home for all those who are not conformists to the common way of thought, and a temple to the higher self!” the website for the organization reads. “This is the first steps to a new age.”

The Church of Lucifer will have its first meeting in Springs, Texas on October 30.

Co-founder Jacob No, who goes by a fictitious name to protect his identity since he says that the group’s beliefs are misunderstood, told reporters that the Church of Lucifer is not Satanic.

“We are not devil worshipers in any form of the word,” he told the Houston Chronicle. “We’re not a scary people. We’re very nice people.”

However, some Luciferians consider themselves to be theistic and view Satan as a benevolent being and teacher. In No’s case, he said that as the word Lucifer means “morning star,” the group is a “gathering of people of like mind who seek the bearer of light or the light.”

The Church of Lucifer website acknowledges, however, that it is considered “within the scope of the occult,” and that one of its missions is “discovering who you are as your own goddess/god.”

“We worship the Complete Self. We exalt in forbidden knowledge and the paths to power,” it reads. “Without the proverbial serpent in the tree, humanity would not be the incredible creature you see in the mirror.”

No says that the services are not your typical church services and do not involve any preaching.

“We do not have a preacher,” he told KPRC.com. “We do not have somebody saying, ‘This is the way it has to be, you have to live this way.'”

“We’re giving a platform for people to explore themselves with ultimate freedom,” No stated. “They will be able to look in the mirror and say, ‘I understand you better.'”

But some state that Luciferianism brings darkness and captivity rather than light and deification.

“Luciferians may see themselves as lovers of light and goodness, but they are embracing falsehood. Satan does not care if people believe in him or not; he can still lead them astray,” writes the site GotQuestions.org.

“He is a very powerful being and the enemy of our souls. The Bible describes him as ‘the devil [who] prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8),” it continues. “Those who get involved with him will eventually regret it…”

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

Would it bother you if something like this was started in your community?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

It would bother me to the point of shutting it down before it ever got started, protesting and negative attention. I would want witnesses to report every detail of their proceedings. Some lost souls will attend for the novelty or the unknown.

Jose Fly

It would bother me to the point of shutting it down before it ever got started, protesting and negative attention. I would want witnesses to report every detail of their proceedings. Some lost souls will attend for the novelty or the unknown.

So much for "religious freedom".

Not really. The world is the world, evil is evil of all stripes, and we expect the world to get more reprobate. It's really just another freak show, getting their narcissistic fifteen minutes of fame on the cosmic scale, like homosexuals these days. Some cities, there may be the likes of one or two Christian radio stations, with probably a weak signal that fades at night, and a half dozen powerful stations, dedicated to sports talk, 24 hours a day. If one goes to hell, because they bow to a goats head, or goes to hell, because they bowed to sports idols, I can't see where it makes any difference what idol has sucked the life out of somebody and blinded them to Christ. As somebody already mentioned, a mosque is an edifice to an antichrist religion. The world is already one giant temple to Satan, when you think about it, that tries to lead everybody anywhere, but to the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. There are even many people who would not set foot in the door of a "Church of Lucifer," most people, many who may even attend that lukewarm mega church, who are going to make up a majority in hell. Actually, the way I see it, may as well bow to the one who's their real master.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 7:19-23 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 25:6-12 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Revelation 3:14-16 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

journey

It bothers me that the so-called Church of Lucifer is going in anywhere in the world. I understand completely why the co-founder uses a fictitious name. I feel sorry for the people who will be led astray.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

It is opening in my community (I live maybe 10 miles from where that "church" is opening.) and I can't say it really bothers me. That puny little church has already gotten more press than they deserve. It's not as if Satanism is a big movement in southeast Texas.

I mean, evil bothers me because its evil but at least these people are honest about it.

If you want to be evil, be evil!

It's people like Pharrell Williams that bother me. They're evil people that everyone seems to not only like but actually admire and want to emulate. :yikes: (Why is there no Yikes! smilie?)

Resting in Him,
Clete

RBBI

Surely there are enough churches in the area to pray it down?

I once went to the door of the most popular bar in a city, that was helping to destroy many people and homes in the area, and I slapped my hand on it, and commanded the finances to wither up. It went under in two months. We have authority over the darkness, we just have to believe that we do.

The thing about this type of "church" is it usually attracts troubled teens and young adults, making their troubles multiply exponentially. My heart goes out to them. Peace

PureX

I doubt there's much of a future for it. It's mostly based on an anti-religion, religion, which makes it pretty self-contradictory. I'm sure there are a few nut-jobs that will go for it, as there always are, but I doubt it'll be sustainable.

Besides, everyone knows the real church of lucifer is Wall Street. :chuckle:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The world is already one giant temple to Satan, when you think about it, that tries to lead everybody anywhere, but to the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. There are even many people who would not set foot in the door of a "Church of Lucifer," most people, many who may even attend that lukewarm mega church, who are going to make up a majority in hell. Actually, the way I see it, may as well bow to the one who's their real master.

:up:

The thousands of lukewarm churches across this nation doing damage to the gospel and turning the Lord's stomach should be way more concerning than this. The chances, be it ever so slim, of a Satanist seeing the error of his ways is actually greater than he who is neither hot nor cold but is being deceived, thinking he's "on fire" for the Lord. HERE is where Satan's work truly lies.